Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:28 am

Originally posted by Old School:
ps nice week in the prime! congrats This got lost in the shuffle, but thank you very much. In 4 years of NFFC leagues, this was our first week over 200 points. Tough break for our opponent too, who scored over 170 and lost. Thanks again.

renman

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by renman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:40 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Does anyone believe Tebow will be a starting NFL QB next year?

I personally do not even though I root hard for the kid.

King of Queens

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by King of Queens » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:37 pm

I'll bet Tebow can throw a football over those mountains:

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
Tebow always end with a "W" ;) So does Flaw.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:01 am

Wow, that Boomer Esiason sure is an insightful analyst! :D

WEEI radio this morning

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:17 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
If the Broncos don't come out the next game and call the game like it was called the final five minutes last night, then they need to give Brady Quinn a shot. If they refuse to fully play to Tebow's strengths (which is clearly not pocket passing) then why even have him out there? i agree with this statement totally....if you don't call the offensive plays like you did in the 4th wuarter then why have the guy out there? just don't have him hand the ball off for 50 mins then tell him to take over and expect him too.

i think it would be funny if the brocos came out in the no huddle with 5 wide outs next week. then he could run or pass....might be something to think of. spread the field and let him run all over the place.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:26 am

The Broncos came out with a great game plan on the first series. They moved the ball downfield and Tebow was looking good. The decision to give the ball to McGahee instead of Tebow on fourth-and-inches was terrible but that was a great drive. But they didn't do anything similar to that again until the final drive. Not coincidentally, Tebow looked good again.

This game just isn't that tough to figure out sometimes. Not sure why coaches want to make it more difficult than it has to be.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:50 am

I did a quick search, so maybe I missed some pertinent posts, but...

Why aren't other new or resurgent QBs getting shown the same level of worship (oops, I mean "love" ;) ) that Tebow gets??? For all the claims that it's just about Tebow's fantasy stats and that he's worthy of praise based upon that, uh... I don't think so or else at least one other QB would be getting gushed over just as much (for fantasy purposes). :rolleyes:

How about a true rookie QB (not one whose had the benefit of a whole off-season plus a full regular season on the sidelines, including a couple starts last year)?

This guy struggled early on in games 1 and 3 vs. a couple very tough pass defenses (CLE and SF) and either barely or couldn't manage double digit fantasy scoring. But those were 2 of his first 3 NFL starts too.

But his sampling size is twice as much as Tebow's. In his 10 games, he's scored:
10.05, 28.9, 6.35, 26.1, 19.95, 19.1, bye, 18.7, 29.25,18.5, 24.85

That averages out to 20.18 with a median of 19.53. He's faced tough defenses like CLE, SF, JAC, PIT and BAL. That's some darned good consistency vs. some darned good teams! Oh, and this week vs. BAL, he was without his stud WR, A.J. Green, and still hung 373 yards on them!

Over his last 5 games, his average is 22.08 and median 19.1. PIT and BAL were his last 2 opponents.
By comparison, Tebow's last 5 game average is 22.92 and median 19.75. Almost dead even, huh?

Why isn't ANDY DALTON getting anywhere near the same amount of love as Tebow if it really has nothing to do with intangibles, entertainment, religion, etc.???

Here's another QB that maybe we should be gushing over even more than Tebow? He's only started 3 games this year, but has scored 31.9, 24.15 and 20.7 for an average of 25.58 and a median of 24.15. But he's admittedly faced some pretty easy defenses (uh... so has Timmy). And as ridiculous as it might seem to analyze stats from just 3 games, that sampling size is just 2 games off from Tebow's 5 games this year. And even though Tom and others admit to the small sampling size, they sure seem to have bought into that as a "trend" and seem to expect more of the same.

Why isn't CARSON PALMER getting some serious love too or does he have to suck royally for 55+ minutes per game then somehow get half his points after that to get some attention???

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:52 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Wow, that Boomer Esiason sure is an insightful analyst! :D
WEEI radio this morning In case this got lost in the shuffle, pretty good analysis by Boomer. :D

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 am

Pretty sure Cam Newton's gotten a ton of attention so far this season. Dalton has too, especially the last two weeks due to the magnitude of those games. As far as Palmer, there's been a ton of discussion about him since being traded to the Raiders. Plenty of QBs have gotten a lot of attention.

What you aren't grasping is that many people are dumbfounded by what Tebow is doing and that's what makes this such a compelling story. The fact that he can look so bad and yet somehow rise up to win games is pretty amazing. I've said all along that I've never seen anything like it. Guys like Dalton and Palmer are expected to perform at a certain level because they are prototypical QBs. That's why both of them were prominent first-round picks. Newton wowed everyone early because he showed more prototypical QB skills than many anticipated and still shows them which is why he's the front-runner for the Rookie of the Year award.

Side note: Other than Aaron Rodgers, I don't think any QB in the league has gotten more attention this season than Newton. Not even Tebow.

Back to Tebow, it's the fact he somehow finds a way to make big plays when his team needs them despite having so many clear flaws and the fact his team is winning games which makes him such an interesting story. If he was playing like a typical QB it wouldn't be near as interesting. It's the fact he can go from so bad to so good and win games which has people talking so much about him because nobody can figure out how in the heck he's doing it.

[ November 21, 2011, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich