UFFC's top 12 RBs for 2008 (Pre draft)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Man, it does feel good talking football again!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Although many including Mr. 2006 NFFC himself Rob may have very much enjoyed how Steven Jackson played vs. don't care teams that were ALL out of the playoff (including the Rams) (2006 final three games)...you would be foolish to think that is how he plays vs. teams that DO care.

You have a crappy Rams team at the end of 2006 trying to sneak into the playoffs in the weak NFC...playing

2-14 OAK (do you think they cared WTF happened?)
5-11 WAS (ditto)
6-10 MIN (again...their opponents had NOTHING to play for.)

During this small 3 game stretch at the end of 2006...Steven Jackson padded his stats to the tune of...

545 yards rushing + rec.
8 TD.

I thought you broke stuff down??? :confused:

You want to add garbage stat padding, and think that will happen when you need him during the season?

Good Luck.

~Lance Lance...are you drinking again. :eek:

Seriously...I'm not following your point here.

I get what you're saying about SJax's expected vs. real production but in 2007 the guy got hurt in week 3 and missed the next 4 games.

Prior to that he was at least respectable 10+ pts. per game. Sure it was a slow start but look at the finish.

Even with a 6.1 vs. Zona in week 17 he still went for 17.2 a game over the last 9. That includes stellar games against Pitt and GB (2 playoff teams) in weeks 15 and 16.

How was the O-line and passing game during that stretch!

Breaking it down...SJax is easy top 5 material in 2008. Will he finish top 3 or #1??? He could IMO.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Creative thinking... :D

That's a good one!

and slapping cole slaw on the #4 platter for the GM of the Phins doesn't make him a source...

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:51 pm

The thing with R.Brown and BJ for me is this...unless they are available in the 4th round it's just not worth the risk for me.

There are several combinations of WR/TE/QB that will be available that I like much better that dont have the same risk.

Either RB could have a fine year but I dont see alot of upside and I do see a few negatives for both.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Creative thinking... :D

That's a good one!

and slapping cole slaw on the #4 platter for the GM of the Phins doesn't make him a source... 1) learn to be a bit of a contrarian and think outside the box at times (even if it is simply contemplating the what-if scenarios) as it will do you wonders ISHO...

2) don't cha worry here fellow Comrade Cheat, as ol' Jeff is a most trusted Serpentcomrade...hehehe...

...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]So Snake, I felt I was "thinking outside the box" and offering a "contrarian view" when I put my list together. If me putting SJAX @#1 isn't outside the box, I don't know what is.

Especially when he's followed up by Adrian Peterson.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm

So far in my early mocks...I once again prefer the top 4 spots followed by the bottom 3.

This will surely change 1000 times but I like the early choices at each end.

I've only gone through the first 4/5 rounds but I gotta believe if I end up with pick 6 or 7 I'm going with (gulp) Moss. Thats hard to say as a Colts fan but I don't see more than 5/6 RB's I would take ahead of him at this point.

6/7/8/9 would be my least desirable choices for now.

[ April 02, 2008, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
So far in my early mocks...I once again prefer the top 4 spots followed by the bottom 3.

I've only gone through the first 4/5 rounds but I gotta believe if I end up with pick 6 or 7 I'm going with (gulp) Moss. Thats hard to say as a Colts fan but I don't see more than 5/6 RB's I would take ahead of him at this point. Jeff, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please no Moss, there are rules as Colts fans! :D

Think of how many of his fade route/jump balls will now be incomplete with the new rule change!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:

I've only gone through the first 4/5 rounds but I gotta believe if I end up with pick 6 or 7 I'm going with (gulp) Moss. Thats hard to say as a Colts fan but I don't see more than 5/6 RB's I would take ahead of him at this point. Jeff, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please no Moss, there are rules as Colts fans! :D

Think of how many of his fade route/jump balls will now be incomplete with the new rule change!
[/QUOTE]I know....thats why I hate those 4 slots. Brady will go in that group as well. If I just had to pick 6th maybe I swing for the fences with Barber or chase Portis a little early.
;)