How Many Lost Because...

Shrink Attack

How Many Lost Because...

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
John/Yellow:

It is funny you said "sorry if I don't kiss your ring" to Go Getta because, well, they won the title a couple years ago. Don't know if you know that or not.

But drafting one kicker not knowing if they have a job or not is "unwise". How is that, nicer? Let me guess...you're a lawyer.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

bald is beautiful

How Many Lost Because...

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:25 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
John/Yellow:

It is funny you said "sorry if I don't kiss your ring" to Go Getta because, well, they won the title a couple years ago. Don't know if you know that or not.

But drafting one kicker not knowing if they have a job or not is "unwise". How is that, nicer? Let me guess...you're a lawyer.
[/QUOTE]You knew that, Paul. But hey, the lawyer was trying to be foster peace.

Glenneration X

How Many Lost Because...

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:03 am

I agree with John 100% here. Anyone who feels "luck" is the reason they took a zero at the kicker position when drafting Buehler as their sole option reminds me of the guy who blames the Gods for losing the mortgage on one spin of roulette betting on black. After all, noone could have imagined it coming up red.

By the way, I'm not a lawyer. Though I have been bailed out by one in the past.

Inf4life

How Many Lost Because...

Post by Inf4life » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:41 am

Ok for all the non-readers in here, I never once said that we lost because of LUCK. Do a read back to the first page. I simply said we lost one game because our kicker (that we drafted) didn't play. We drafted him, it was a chance (a wrong one) and we paid for it. I'm not in here boo hooing about it like everyone is making it out to be. Prime reason I don't frequent the boards anymore because everyone seems to think they are resident "fantasy experts" when in reality there is probably only 5-10 people here actually worth listening to.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Glenneration X

How Many Lost Because...

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:02 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Ok for all the non-readers in here, I never once said that we lost because of LUCK. Do a read back to the first page. I simply said we lost one game because our kicker (that we drafted) didn't play. We drafted him, it was a chance (a wrong one) and we paid for it. I'm not in here boo hooing about it like everyone is making it out to be. Prime reason I don't frequent the boards anymore because everyone seems to think they are resident "fantasy experts" when in reality there is probably only 5-10 people here actually worth listening to. I think we can agree that this thread had morphed into something other than what your "initial" post stated. You certainly played a hand in that transition, so let's not play revisionist with history here.

You also played a part in turning the atmosphere of the thread more antagonistic with your "What have you accomplished..." line. You continue to do so with your "non-readers" and "only 5-10 worth listening to" comments so please don't act holier than thou by stating that's why you don't frequent the boards anymore.

By the way, if there's only 5-10 players worth listening to, one of them certainly wouldn't be he who chose to run with a potential zero at kicker week one. ;)

Good luck to you the rest of the season. Get thicker skin, I'm sure you'll need it.

alanr824

How Many Lost Because...

Post by alanr824 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:50 am

Ok for all the non-readers in here, I never once said that we lost because of LUCK. Do a read back to the first page. I simply said we lost one game because our kicker (that we drafted) didn't play. We drafted him, it was a chance (a wrong one) and we paid for it. I'm not in here boo hooing about it like everyone is making it out to be. Prime reason I don't frequent the boards anymore because everyone seems to think they are resident "fantasy experts" when in reality there is probably only 5-10 people here actually worth listening to. I guess when you are an NFFC champion, you get to cry about "fluke" plays like the New England game (you did say fluke and I am one of those who CAN read), and you get to degrade everyone who is not on your "level". You made this thread what it is. No one else did. There were comments about the fact that luck does play a part in fantasy and whether or not there should be a preseason FAAB. Some agreed, while others didn't. It was a typical thread, until you decided to step forward and make everyone else feel they were not as "accomplished" as you. No I haven't won an NFFC championship so I suppose I am not one of the "5-10" and my words mean nothing... So while I am not worthy, I do find it funny that you started a thread saying "how many lost because" and blamed a fluke play and your kicker not playing instead of blaming the fact that you drafted badly.

[ September 17, 2011, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Al R G ]

DoubleG

How Many Lost Because...

Post by DoubleG » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:55 am

This is directed at Buehler owners (and no one in particular).

Drafting Buehler and relying on him was a risk ALL SUMMER AND PRESEASON. A little bit of research would have revealed the boyz weren't happy with him kicking field goals.

I was in 15 draft champion leagues beginning in June and going through early Sept. I didn't draft Buehler on a single team.

Not sure why anyone would rely on him when there were kicking options with a LOT less risk.

Inf4life

How Many Lost Because...

Post by Inf4life » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:16 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
Ok for all the non-readers in here, I never once said that we lost because of LUCK. Do a read back to the first page. I simply said we lost one game because our kicker (that we drafted) didn't play. We drafted him, it was a chance (a wrong one) and we paid for it. I'm not in here boo hooing about it like everyone is making it out to be. Prime reason I don't frequent the boards anymore because everyone seems to think they are resident "fantasy experts" when in reality there is probably only 5-10 people here actually worth listening to. I think we can agree that this thread had morphed into something other than what your "initial" post stated. You certainly played a hand in that transition, so let's not play revisionist with history here.

You also played a part in turning the atmosphere of the thread more antagonistic with your "What have you accomplished..." line. You continue to do so with your "non-readers" and "only 5-10 worth listening to" comments so please don't act holier than thou by stating that's why you don't frequent the boards anymore.

By the way, if there's only 5-10 players worth listening to, one of them certainly wouldn't be he who chose to run with a potential zero at kicker week one. ;)

Good luck to you the rest of the season. Get thicker skin, I'm sure you'll need it.
[/QUOTE]I'm not gonna have somebody sit there and call me stupid, no matter who it is. Did I maybe go overboard?? Yes. I'm pretty sure the point has been missed on this entire thread and really don't feel like bickering back and forth about it anymore. And people can chose who they want to get advice from and probably shouldnt get it from someone who drafted a bum kicker and took a zero for al loss. Good luck to everyone this year.

Inf4life

How Many Lost Because...

Post by Inf4life » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:22 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:

[/QUOTE]I'm not gonna have somebody sit there and call me stupid, no matter who it is. Did I maybe go overboard?? Yes. I'm pretty sure the point has been missed on this entire thread and really don't feel like bickering back and forth about it anymore. And people can chose who they want to get advice from and probably shouldnt get it from someone who drafted a bum kicker and took a zero for al loss. Good luck to everyone this year.

texasducks69

How Many Lost Because...

Post by texasducks69 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm not gonna have somebody sit there and call me stupid, no matter who it is. Did I maybe go overboard?? Yes. I'm pretty sure the point has been missed on this entire thread and really don't feel like bickering back and forth about it anymore. And people can chose who they want to get advice from and probably shouldnt get it from someone who drafted a bum kicker and took a zero for al loss. Good luck to everyone this year.

Again, I didn't call you stupid. I said you did a stupid thing.

I see a hell of a difference between the two. Smart people sometimes do stupid things.

[ September 17, 2011, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: The Yellow Line is Unofficial ]