Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

boutrous11

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:46 am

The NFL is reportedly "discussing" moving the Texans/Ravens game to New Orleans Monday night, according to profootballtalk.com.

It sounds like the NFL will explore all avenues for the game being played this weekend before announcing a postponement, which still seems very possible. It's hard to imagine the game being played anywhere in the Houston area. Another possibility would be to reschedule some bye weeks later in the season, but that would disrupt a third team, the Bengals. We should find out the NFL's decision by Saturday evening.

Raiders

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
my guess is that if the game doesn't take place this week, any texan or raven gets ZERO points. As much as I do not want to admit it, you might be right about this. I have Schaub, A. Johnson, Daniels, McGahee, Rice on my NFFC main event team. I can't even field 3 WR's playing in wcoff if this happens. [/QUOTE]...the SNAKEsquad would be left without a Kicker on BOTH Main teams as he has Kris Brown...UNACCEPTABLE & UNFAIR are two words that quickly come to mind here...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Please tell me you drafted Brown and not won Him via bid?

John

Eddiejag

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:02 am

Snake we are all in the same boat, anyone of us could have your promblem or worse.Unfair isnt the word i would use, how about unlucky.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:06 am

Only thing unfair is for the people who have lost homes, possessions and such due to Ike. We may take a few zeroes, but we still get to watch the games in the comfort of our home, some don't even have that after the storm....something to think about.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

kennorred

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by kennorred » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:09 am

looks official now. game moved to week 10. not a good situation for a lot of teams in these contests.doesnt affect me here but hurts on ffpc and wcoff teams.

[ September 13, 2008, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: kln ]

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:10 am

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans' home game against the Baltimore Ravens, previously scheduled for Monday night, has been postponed until Nov. 9 because of hurricane-related damage to Reliant Stadium, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:11 am

HOUSTON -- The Houston Texans' home game against the Baltimore Ravens, previously scheduled for Monday night, has been postponed until Nov. 9 because of hurricane-related damage to Reliant Stadium, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Hurricane Ike, which made landfall early Saturday at Galveston as a severe Category 2 storm, also caused extensive damage throughout Houston, including the retractable roof at Reliant Stadium.

The Nov. 9 game will be held during the Ravens' bye week. According to league sources, the Texans' home game against the Cincinnati Bengals, originally scheduled for Nov. 9, will be moved to Oct. 26, which was the bye week for both of those teams.

The storm tore chunks off the stadium's retractable roof and the damage can't be fixed in time to host the game, said Shea Guinn, president and general manager of Reliant Park.

"There is no way this stadium will host a game on Monday night," Guinn said Saturday. "There are parts of the roof that are completely gone."

The retractable roof on the $352 million venue rolls open in nine sections. Guinn said five of the sections were missing and large pieces of debris had fallen into the stadium.

"It's hard to tell what came from where," Guinn said.

The game, originally scheduled for Sunday, was moved to Monday earlier in the week as Ike approached the area.

The field is not scheduled to host another game until Oct. 5, but Guinn said he wasn't sure when repairs could be completed. He said the stadium also sustained some water damage at street level.

Reliant Stadium sits next to the Astrodome. Guinn said Saturday that he had not yet inspected the dome for storm damage. The Texans' air-supported practice "bubble" across the street was deflated on Thursday and was not damaged, Guinn said.

Harris County Judge Ed Emmett, the supervisor of the county's hurricane cleanup efforts, planned to visit Reliant Stadium and survey the damage later Saturday.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.