NFFC Plans for 2010?

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:00 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
"Trust in Bill", I hope to catch youy on the east coast for the auction championships. My opinion is, the cost will probably be $800-$1000 in order to award league prizes AND Championship prizes. But we'll see.

I'm a fantasy pimp in baseball and my prodigy drafted last night. I pay, he plays. We split 50/50. I ONLY play football, but a brotha's gotta get his fantasy fix on! ;)

Also, I will be making definite decisions on my fantasy football leagues for 2010 within the next month. When nfl draft day is done, I will have signed up and paid for all of my events. I truly hope the NFFC's fantasy event options are available by then, as they've always been my first choice. I have confidence in them. My only concern is if the new software gives them any trouble to start off the baseball season. This would most definitely push football's announcements further towards the summer. The NFBC Auction Championship was $800 per team and we'll likely do that in the NFFC Auction Championship as well. Ditto for the NFFC Draft Champions League Championship: $800 per team. We are budgeting seven leagues in each format for a $10,000 grand prize in each. We had a total of 7 leagues in each format last year among the three cities, so I think this is doable.

My goal is to create more Sunday events this year too, maybe even adding additional times for the Auction Championship and Draft Champions contests on those dates, along with the Super and Ultimates, of course. We will also likely increase the payouts in the Super and Ultimates as we did with baseball and try to create a whole new market with those high-end private leagues. Stay tuned because we have lots of news on that end soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:04 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
"Trust in Bill", I hope to catch youy on the east coast for the auction championships. My opinion is, the cost will probably be $800-$1000 in order to award league prizes AND Championship prizes. But we'll see.

I'm a fantasy pimp in baseball and my prodigy drafted last night. I pay, he plays. We split 50/50. I ONLY play football, but a brotha's gotta get his fantasy fix on! ;)

Also, I will be making definite decisions on my fantasy football leagues for 2010 within the next month. When nfl draft day is done, I will have signed up and paid for all of my events. I truly hope the NFFC's fantasy event options are available by then, as they've always been my first choice. I have confidence in them. My only concern is if the new software gives them any trouble to start off the baseball season. This would most definitely push football's announcements further towards the summer. Diesel, not the software doom and gloom post!! :D Yikes, didn't I just holler at everyone on the NFBC boards for that?!! :D

The back-end for the NFBC is MUCH IMPROVED and so will the NFFC back-end software be. We are hosting our own NFFC Satellite Leagues and Online Championship leagues with Fanball and the NFFC and running our own back-end system. Everything has gone smoothly in the NFBC and guys are making their first week of free agent bids now. I'm ecstatic with how the transition has gone from STATS to Fanball.

We're here Diesel. Our announcements will be soon. Most of it will be the same as last year, with some new enhancements. I may even be in New York for an NFL Draft party again, so if you can get off work this year to join me, do so. Then I'll convince you to play a few more NFFC leagues!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:06 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
I understand your feelings,but todays baseball is watchable, were as todays basketball is unwatchable.... Bird vs. Magic, MJ.... Not even up for discussion!!!!!! :eek: It better be watchable because the 2010-11 National Fantasy Basketball Championship (NFBBC) is going with live events this fall. We hope to have dates and locations out this summer with a plan to go live with basketball this year!! Jeff, I might even convince you to take a team this year!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:10 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Glenneration X:
[qb]They are having a VERY busy week fixing glitches with the new website/FAAB etc. Good thing for the football players is that the baseball players were the "guinea pigs" for this one, and the system should be ready to roll once they unveil it for football! :D Thanks Billy, I think. Thanks for letting folks know that Tom and I were so buried in baseball "stuff" that we just couldn't come up for air over here. Hosting six live events in five cities over two weekends and then hosting more than 2,000 online teams was more than we could almost handle. We will have more than 2,800 NFBC teams this year, by far a new record.

Our software was evolving all offseason and when we unveiled it we knew we'd add enhancements to it. That's what we've done this week and so far so good, which I think you'll admit. We've unveiled new draft software, new team management software, new bidding software, new message boards, a new web site, new registration, new videos, new draft locations, a new two-weekend setup, etc. It was wild.

But the NFFC launch will be much, much easier. The new web site is almost finished, the message boards will be transferred soon and all plans will be unveiled shortly. Just give us a minute to breathe and we'll be back with everything this month. That's a promise I know I can keep.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:11 am

There, are you sick of me yet? :D

See ya next week with more details.

Shrink Attack

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:24 am

Now this is the "Greg treatment" I'm use to!

Thanks!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Diesel

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Diesel » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:46 pm

Thank you for the info Greg. I'm looking forward to the Auction Championship. I know I'm not the only one. These "mini" Main Event type formats make things more interesting. Thanks for being brave enough to give it a shot.

I will try to meet up for the NFL Draft, but the fact is, every time I meet you or talk to you on the phone, I find myself telling my wife that I joined ONE MORE LEAGUE. ;)
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Glenneration X:
[qb]They are having a VERY busy week fixing glitches with the new website/FAAB etc. Good thing for the football players is that the baseball players were the "guinea pigs" for this one, and the system should be ready to roll once they unveil it for football! :D Thanks Billy, I think. Thanks for letting folks know that Tom and I were so buried in baseball "stuff" that we just couldn't come up for air over here. Hosting six live events in five cities over two weekends and then hosting more than 2,000 online teams was more than we could almost handle. We will have more than 2,800 NFBC teams this year, by far a new record.

Our software was evolving all offseason and when we unveiled it we knew we'd add enhancements to it. That's what we've done this week and so far so good, which I think you'll admit. We've unveiled new draft software, new team management software, new bidding software, new message boards, a new web site, new registration, new videos, new draft locations, a new two-weekend setup, etc. It was wild.

But the NFFC launch will be much, much easier. The new web site is almost finished, the message boards will be transferred soon and all plans will be unveiled shortly. Just give us a minute to breathe and we'll be back with everything this month. That's a promise I know I can keep.
[/QUOTE]The new site was released, and it was .....um....rough. However, in about 4 days time, they got EVERYTHING looking REALLy good over there, and as usual, listened to the CUSTOMERS. :D Like Greg said, the NFFC/NFBC is a "family", and all indications from baseball are making the 2010 football season looking like the best one yet!!

As much as I want football season to get here, I am VERY excited for baseball to get started tomorrow. ;)

Can I say that over here?

Raiders

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Raiders » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:46 am

Please enjoy the music as we wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRN3YG6Hyk

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Plans for 2010?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Please enjoy the music as we wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WRN3YG6Hyk John, I think in January you asked me to call you and I said I would tomorrow. Well, today is 90+ days past tomorrow!! :D Totally my fault. I'm free tomorrow afternoon once baseball games are on the air and I have a Corona in my hand at the office!! :D Are you free then? I'll call.

Let me know or call me at 715-445-2906, our new office number.