What An Unbelievable NFL Weekend!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:53 am

The revised forecast for Sunday's game at Lambeau Field is now -2 at kickoff with wind chills of -20. It is expected to be -25 to -30 with wind chills by game's end. Can you say: ICE BOWL II.

This is going to brutal. It's brutal right now as the Arctic Blast has moved into Wisconsin after dumping seven inches of snow here yesterday. This will likely be the second or third coldest game in NFL history. Anyone who is going to wager on this game is taking their life in their own hands as there could be many turnovers with it being this cold. Neither side benefits from these terrible conditions.

Whichever team can survive will win this game. Yikes.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:38 am

Yup...the OVER/UNDER has dropped to 39 and most likely falling.

I threw in a 4 teamer for fun that pays nicely...

NE -13.5 (I don't think there will be a safe enough lead)
NE OVER 46 (I see NE scoring over 30 alone)
GB - 6.5 (I bought a point, just in case)
GB OVER 39 (This is the only one that scares me.)

200 pays like 2500.

F-it...not much football left...gotta have a little fun!!!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:45 am

I hear ya Lance and all look good. The scary thing about any Over/Under in this kind of weather is that you know there will be turnovers and that can lead to easy scores. Heck, it happened last weekend in Green Bay. But kicking any field goals outside of 40 will be nearly impossible and the traction will be tough, although that new surface they put down really held nicely last week. It's too cold to snow anymore, so the track should be fine on Sunday.

Someone start making Ice Bowl II sweaters. I want one NOW!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:53 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I hear ya Lance and all look good. The scary thing about any Over/Under in this kind of weather is that you know there will be turnovers and that can lead to easy scores. Heck, it happened last weekend in Green Bay. But kicking any field goals outside of 40 will be nearly impossible and the traction will be tough, although that new surface they put down really held nicely last week. It's too cold to snow anymore, so the track should be fine on Sunday.

Someone start making Ice Bowl II sweaters. I want one NOW!! :D Greg...simply make certain that your tears don't turn to icicles by game's end and the best way to do just that is by holding back your emotion as ISHO it is going to be a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG afternoon for you tomorrow...good luck...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Yup, it is going to be a LOOOOONNNNGGGGG afternoon SNAKE. Good thing the kickoff is at night!! :D

I woke up this morning and the TV said -13, the same game time temperature as Ice Bowl I in 1967. That has to be a good omen!! :D The wind chill is -35 right now, the coldest it's been all weekend. It is supposed to warm a bit during the day and the wind is dying down. It should be 0 at kickoff with a wind chill of -16. I don't think wind will be a factor at all, but it will be bitter cold. The field should be in good shape too as there's no chance of snow...it's too damn cold to snow. So all in all, the elements shouldn't be a factor outside of the cold.

Who can handle the cold the best, SNAKE? My money is on Favre over Eli. Should be fun.

Now, where are my longjohns again? ;)

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:11 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

NE OVER 46 (I see NE scoring over 30 alone)

~Lance I set mine right at 46, if figured everyone else would be higher than 46, and I was covered if it was 33-10.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:43 am

I'm guessing Greg is bummed out a bit...but Green Bay gave him one hell of a ride this season!

The way they lost was easier to digest than a fluke loss or a game where the refs stole a game from them.

They lost fair and square...so it's a less painful end to a great year.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver