Tom & Greg Live Chat: 3 pm ET Today

Bruce0726

Post by Bruce0726 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 am

One more from me. The Bears with Martz's system. Is it worth taking Cutler as a sleeper? Also, G Olsen 9th/10th round sleeper, same reasoning?
2006 $250 Satellite League Champ, H2H Champ, Point leader;2010 $250 Satellite League Champ and Pt leader

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 am

Originally posted by Bruce In FL:
One more from me. The Bears with Martz's system. Is it worth taking Cutler as a sleeper? Also, G Olsen 9th/10th round sleeper, same reasoning? I don't trust Cutler. He'll throw it a ton but as we saw last season more pass attempts for Cutler tended to result in bad things happening. He's also prone to INTs and Martz QBs tend to throw a lot of picks. Martz QBs also have injury issues because they take so much punishment. I think Cutler is being overrated as a Top 10 QB this season.

I do like Olsen despite the fact TEs rarely flourish in a Martz system. I think Olsen is too talented to be ignored. And I know people will point to Vernon Davis stinking with Martz in S.F. but I think a lot of that was due to Davis being VERY immature at the time. He's grown up a lot since then.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 am

One thing I've noticed in both the pay and mock drafts I've done is the sense of urgency to get a stud QB may be at an all-time high. If you want to get one of the first 7 (Brees, Rogers, Peyton, Brady, Romo, Schaub and Rivers) you better not wait too long. Are people over-reacting or is this the move to make given how important the QB position is both in the NFL and in the NFFC with 6 points per TD pass?My take on this is the lead RB numbers are dwindling to where a lot more QB's and WR's are going to be flying off the boards in mass in the back half of Round 1 and Round 2. The NFFC scoring certainly throws QB's into the mix quicker but I think what SNAKE says is true, if I can't get a top 5 RB than shoot for the top 5 QB and/or WR.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Thanks for the responses on my technical questions Greg...I appreciate it. (and yes, McCluster was one of the guys I was curious about, Cribbs another )

Now a couple signups questions....

1- Online Championships - Reviewing the NFFC Online Championships signup page, I noticed one date where two people with the same last name are listed. I'm assuming they may be related and may have even picked the same date hoping to join the league together thinking it would be fun. However, doesn't this create a potential collusion concern? What's the NFFC's policy if it turns out only one league fills for that date and those two were two of the initial twelve signed up?

2- Auction Championships - I know the goal is to fill leagues completely within each city due to the complexity of holding a multi-city auction draft when compared to other formats. However, there's real potential that the leagues don't fill evenly within city. What's the NFFC's game plan if that occurs?

3- Auction & DC Championships - What were the NFFC's preseason goals as far as signups for these two formats? Will they reach them? Will there be any issues if current signups don't increase? What about the goals for the Main & Primetime, what were they and are they still likely to be hit?

Thanks for your time guys,
Glenn 1. Nobody will have two teams in the same OC league. That owner can draft two different teams at once since that's the only time that works for him on that day, but he won't be in the same league and he certainly doesn't want it.

2. This one is tough. We obviously want the NFFC Auction Championship to sell like the NFBC one did. That was a great start to that national championship idea. I want to fill 5 leagues over the three cities, but NY and Chicago need help. Tom and I are calling all past participants and we're still hopeful, but you are right decisions have to be made very soon. The goal is filling up the 4+ leagues that are close now.

3. 7 leagues each for AC and DC. 322 teams for Classic and 300 for Primetime. We had 294 and 276 last year. We're at about 220 and 170 now. We need a strong push, but other events are really, really strong and our total revenue for 2010 NFFC has already surpassed 2009. So while this is a tough market for everyone in this space, we see some positives and obviously owning the back end is critical to our future. We are confident that this is the way to go in this tough, tough market.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:56 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
A couple quick technical questions related more towards convenience and fun than critical functionality....

1- As you know, I've been asking about the Live Scoring Toggle in baseball for awhile now. Will it be ready for opening weekend in football? For those of us with multiple teams in the NFFC, I'd hate to go back & forth between the "My Teams" page and each league page when I want to check scoring.Okay, we're both here and ready to go. Good, good questions Glenn and I'll start with them one at a time.

I just asked about this yesterday. As you know we have toggles for each area on the NFBC site working well except Live Scoring. I'm told it is programmed and can be running. I just asked to get more specifics and to make sure football will have that and I'll post the answers when I get those answers. I hear ya that in football this is very, very crucial to having fun on Sundays.
[/QUOTE]See, you've already gotten things done Glenn!! :D The baseball toggle for Live Scoring is being fixed and hopefully will be live this week. I know that troublesome bugger is being looked at.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Bruce0726

Post by Bruce0726 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 am

Thanks Greg, Tom. I appreciate the chat.
2006 $250 Satellite League Champ, H2H Champ, Point leader;2010 $250 Satellite League Champ and Pt leader

Money

Post by Money » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 am

Greg, Do you set your KDS the same for the leagues are drafting in? Gamers 2, would you care to share your KDS and would this be it if you were able to participate in the other high stakes leagues. leagues. Any reasoning behind your choices would be great.

Thanks.
Joe