Post by Max Factor » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:33 am

Where do you think Leftwich winds up?
Jeff Potok

Tom Kessenich

I'll Be Chatting Today At 2 PM ET

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:33 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
Tom, as a game operator, do you think you should be giving out opinions that could influence decisions in the game? Shouldn't you have voiced your concerns about Tom's opinions BEFORE Draft Day? Didn't Tom's opinions bother you then??

Tom, you really are a loose cannon!! :D
[/QUOTE]Blame Karant. He's the one who asked for a chat today. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:34 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
Views on Garrard this season...Also, any chance Boller or Clemens STAY in there after the others return from injuries... 1. Not a big Garrard fan. I think they need to run the ball 30-35 times a game and really limit what they ask Garrard to do.

2. No chance. McNair and Pennington are the guys there. Boller stinks anyway. Clemens isn't ready yet.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:34 am

Tom,

I targeted Big Ben and Romo as mid draft QB's in every single one of my leagues. Are you saying I should not expect 9 TD's per week between them?

-if you had to choose between a caddy williams who may try to play with a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong about his durability, and fat lendale white who just watched Brown out perform him last week... who would you start? Williams vs New Orleans, White vs Colts.

-I agree with you on Branch and saw that game as a fluke. Would not be surprised to see Hasselback feed him balls and target him 10 times this week. I also feel same way about V. Davis. What are your thoughts on the TE?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:35 am

Originally posted by Big MO:
Any word on when V. Morency will be ready to play? Week 3, 4? What kind of performances do you see out of the Green Bay WR's against Giants after Dallas just torched them Sunday night? I like the Packers passing game this week. The Giants' secondary is terrible and Favre should be able to make some plays. Driver and Jones are looking good. The word on Morency continues to be bad. I wouldn't count on him making a major contribution anytime soon.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:36 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I host chats during the pre-season too John when people are either drafting or prepping for their draft bids. No difference. People can also go to our web site and see who I have ranked at each position. Again, no difference between the info I'm providing here and the info that's there.

Bottom line - it's up to each owner to make their own decisions. If they want to rely on my advice or Footballguys or John Hansen or RotoWire or whoever, that's up to them. I am not upset or anything... just a friendly debate..

Do any of them give advice on their own contests?

When you say 400-450 for Ward, some guys at 200 might adjust up. Guys at 600 could adjust down. That has a ripple affect on faab the rest of the year for those teams.

Are you seeing that someone involved with the contest shouldn't have that kind of influence?

The start/sit stuff is not the issue here.
[/QUOTE]I'm just guessing on FAAB. People need to make their own decisions as I've been saying. I can tell people to start Player X over Player Y but the owner has to make the decision himself. All I'm doing is offering an opinion and given how I've never won $100,000 playing fantasy football that might be something that needs to be factored into the equation as well.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:37 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Tom, as a game operator, do you think you should be giving out opinions that could influence decisions in the game? Shouldn't you have voiced your concerns about Tom's opinions BEFORE Draft Day? Didn't Tom's opinions bother you then??

[/QUOTE]Sorry, I should have been more specific and stated just the concern about giving out faab info as a game operator. My bad.

Someone else brought this concern up before I did in this thread, so I'm not alone.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:38 am

Originally posted by Greenlight30:
How much in your opinion do the New England Patriots video tapes help them? Very little to be honest. That said, I do think they violated a serious rule and they got off real easy - at least Belichick did. He should've been suspended for at least one game and probably two. The commissioner went soft and I think there could be some issues with that given how tough he's been on players and assistant coaches (namely Wade Wilson).
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:38 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]Blame Karant. He's the one who asked for a chat today. :D
[/QUOTE]You beat me too this...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:39 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
Where do you think Leftwich winds up? He should end up in Minnesota or Atlanta. The Vikings really need to sign him. In a weak division he could help them scrape out a playoff berth. They have the defense and the running game but their QB situation is a joke. Leftwich isn't great but he'd be a major upgrade over Jackson.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich