NFFC Magazine Auction League

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 am

I am in and ready.

I nominate second. Hmmmm, I wonder who I will throw out there?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 am

Originally posted by Jim Tracy:
Is this auction automated or will we be manually entering our bids and nominating players? I have never done an auction on ESPN and was wondering if there are any specific instructions.

Jim Tracy
Lucky 13 Yeah Jim, we're all in the same boat on this one. ESPN's official launch is July 1st, but they were nice enough to set up this league for us so that we can get this done for our magazine deadline. We might be beta testers tomorrow, but I think we have 14 smart enough folks to figure this out on the fly. Just be ready for the early guys because bargains could come before most of us figure out the timing of the SOLD! feature.

We'll all be ready and have some fun with this. Having finished auction values will be good for the magazine and we'll move this league over to the NFFC site and have some fun with it during the year. Thanks all for volunteering to do this tomorrow night.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:06 am

looks like there's 4 teams left to enter the league. someone get "Team Ambrosious" on the horn.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:45 pm

Down to team Wiseheart and Team Greg left to join. Let's get it going fellas! :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Down to team Wiseheart and Team Greg left to join. Let's get it going fellas! :D I'll log in first thing tomorrow and be ready to go. I'm laying in the weeds this year and holding onto my money for bargains. No LT2 for $73 this year!! :D I need to get back to that dominating stage you all saw two years ago. :D Be ready because I'm ready to rumble this year. Plus I saw most of your sleeper picks for the magazine and will trump you on each one of those!!! :D Should be a fun night.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Gregg is this a 7o'clock start also?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
Down to team Wiseheart and Team Greg left to join. Let's get it going fellas! :D I'll log in first thing tomorrow and be ready to go. I'm laying in the weeds this year and holding onto my money for bargains. No LT2 for $73 this year!! :D I need to get back to that dominating stage you all saw two years ago. :D Be ready because I'm ready to rumble this year. Plus I saw most of your sleeper picks for the magazine and will trump you on each one of those!!! :D Should be a fun night. [/QUOTE]Damn you Greg! I knew there was a reason you were pumping us for our sleeper picks! ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:39 am

I'm set up and ready to go.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:14 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
Gregg is this a 7o'clock start also? Yes, 7 EST. See ya there. And be ready Mr. Dawson. This isn't Family Feud, you know. ;)

Jim Wiseheart

Post by Jim Wiseheart » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:57 am

Greg, I noticed the league set-up on ESPN is for roster of 20. Should this be 19 since it is 14 teams (to match the live events)? Maybe it doesn't matter, but thought I'd ask. Thanks. Jim Wiseheart