Week 5 "Who Do I Start" (WDIS)?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:32 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

I'm running 18 teams this year that require weekly moves....my current record is at least .500 for 15 of the 18....guess which side of the ledger these two teams fall on?
Counting my local league (which I spend about 5 minutes a week on), I also have 18 to manage each week....AINT IT FUN? :D

I think Burton may be out today, but if not, I suppose I would start him, as Wayne is right, Edelman won't be a factor if Welker is active (and since it is late, you won't know).

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:37 am

Here's one for you that is also a little sad...I need one of these two fantastic RB's to give me 8-10 points this week...

Bernard Scott or Shonn Greene

[ October 11, 2009, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: Bullgod ]
Pat Sorge

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:38 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Here's one for you that is also a little sad...I need one of these two fantastic RB's to give me 8-10 points this week...

Bernard Scott or Shonn Greene
vs. vs.
Ravens Dolphins punt. ;)

Honestly, Greene will get more touches, so I would go with him.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bullgod:

Bernard Scott or Shonn Greene [/QUOTE

Definitely Greene.

Wayne

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:45 am

Yeah I wish I could punt on this one...2 for Greene and I was leaning towards Scott :rolleyes: Thanks guys
Pat Sorge

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:49 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

I'm running 18 teams this year that require weekly moves....my current record is at least .500 for 15 of the 18....guess which side of the ledger these two teams fall on?
Counting my local league (which I spend about 5 minutes a week on), I also have 18 to manage each week....AINT IT FUN? :D

I think Burton may be out today, but if not, I suppose I would start him, as Wayne is right, Edelman won't be a factor if Welker is active (and since it is late, you won't know).
[/QUOTE]UNBELIEVABLE FUN!!!! Throw in my Terminator team and my Draft Championship teams in here & with the FFPC and I have 25 teams this year.
I may have gotten slightly carried away with my first year in High Stakes huh? My wife always says I have OCD..... :D

I have two local leagues I play every year....I'm doing very well there as always.
I'd say the biggest headache I've encountered in the jump from local leagues to high stakes is FAAB. I just haven't been able to guage the right bid values yet. Week after week, I up my bids on the guys I really want....and week after week I still get outbid (as you know this week as you outbid me on MM....ya bast**d ya.... ;) ).
This is part of the reason I'm stuck starting guys like Burton today..... :( .

I'll probably cut down some on the amount of leagues I do next year. I thought I could handle the amount of prep because I was able to handle six teams in baseball this year, and that's daily while football is only weekly.
Still, I'm one of those guys who can't help but prep for all the teams each day.....again, that OCD thing rears its ugly head.

All that aside, its still as much fun as it gets.....and Sundays....it doesn't get any better than that.

Good luck today & catch you soon,
Glenn

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:37 am

Glenn,

I went from 16 leagues last year to 9 this year. Since I was playing in all 4 of the high stakes leagues I didn't want to be distracted by having too many teams. This seems to be a good number so I'll probaby have 8 next year.

One thing that has helped me out is that most of my teams are all on the nffc site so I don't have to move around from one site to the next (except for wcoff main and ffpc main.) I dropped my local leagues this year and honestly don't miss them at all.

Wayne

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:09 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Glenn,

I went from 16 leagues last year to 9 this year. Since I was playing in all 4 of the high stakes leagues I didn't want to be distracted by having too many teams. This seems to be a good number so I'll probaby have 8 next year.

One thing that has helped me out is that most of my teams are all on the nffc site so I don't have to move around from one site to the next (except for wcoff main and ffpc main.) I dropped my local leagues this year and honestly don't miss them at all.

Wayne Wayne.....looking at how ridiculously well you're doing this year, I think you've landed on the perfect amount of teams...... ;) .

As far as my local teams, I play more because of the friendships and tradition....I've been playing in both for years. Plus, one of the leagues holds its draft at Hooters.... :D .

Good luck today,
Glenn

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:45 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:

Washington Nate or Leon, Eddie?
[/QUOTE]IM sorry Billy i missed this one it was Leon and i didnt play him.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:59 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:

Washington Nate or Leon, Eddie?
[/QUOTE]IM sorry Billy i missed this one it was Leon and i didnt play him.
[/QUOTE]For the record, I would have played Leon over Choice, Austin, and McCoy.

Who did you go with??

Good luck!