FFOC Investigation

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:54 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
From at least one stand point, the comparison of AFFL to FFOC is fair. Most people who entered the AFFL last year knew that the entry fees would not cover the prize money, but had faith in the ownership to pay out at the end of the season. Lesson learned? Perhaps not, as many are entering the FFOC under similar conditions. Thank you KOQ. There is fairness on these boards after all. Not just attacks.
For Players. By Players.

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:55 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Nag, your arguments and posts are just insulting, it's as if you assume everyone is dumber than you and are subject to your "spin". You ignore ALL facts that don't support your opinions while taking other statements out of context.

I have no doubt you do this for a living and couldn't separate yourself from it if you tried. Please do many of us a favor and go back to your own boards where people believe your BS. No reason to lose your temper and engage in personal attacks. I'm only making observations and speaking the truth. Does that offend you?

Btw, these ARE my boards and as long as I am a customer of the NFFC, I will speak my mind here.
[/QUOTE]Your suggestion that you are "only" making observations and speaking the truth offends me.

In fact, pretty much everything you've written that I can recall is so condescending that it offends me.

[ August 06, 2008, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:56 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
Nag, your arguments and posts are just insulting, it's as if you assume everyone is dumber than you and are subject to your "spin". You ignore ALL facts that don't support your opinions while taking other statements out of context.

I have no doubt you do this for a living and couldn't separate yourself from it if you tried. Please do many of us a favor and go back to your own boards where people believe your BS. No reason to lose your temper and engage in personal attacks. I'm only making observations and speaking the truth. Does that offend you?

Btw, these ARE my boards and as long as I am a customer of the NFFC, I will speak my mind here.
[/QUOTE]Your suggestion that you are "only" making observations and speaking the truth offends me.
[/QUOTE]Well then....
For Players. By Players.

King of Queens

FFOC Investigation

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:00 am

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
From at least one stand point, the comparison of AFFL to FFOC is fair. Most people who entered the AFFL last year knew that the entry fees would not cover the prize money, but had faith in the ownership to pay out at the end of the season. Lesson learned? Perhaps not, as many are entering the FFOC under similar conditions. AFFL was run as a multi-year pyramid scheme. FFOC has stated upfront that money will be in escrow. Doesn't look similar to me Glenn. [/QUOTE]I'm sure you've done the math when looking at this contest. Why would a fantasy football venture purposefully lose $500,000 to $1,500,000 in its first year of operation, when they could pull the plug on August 25th?

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:03 am

From at least one stand point, the comparison of AFFL to FFOC is fair. Most people who entered the AFFL last year knew that the entry fees would not cover the prize money, but had faith in the ownership to pay out at the end of the season. Lesson learned? Perhaps not, as many are entering the FFOC under similar conditions. Actually, now that I think about it, this is not completely accurate but close. The entry count wasn't very well publicised and Neil kep insinuating that he was on pace to get close to 200 Platinum teams. Also, he had other levels which were supposedly "covering" his losses in the Platinum level. With the FFOC, it is CLEAR that they won't even come close to covering their prize money with entries, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising they have committed to.

[ August 06, 2008, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

LFW

FFOC Investigation

Post by LFW » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:04 am

Nag- I think I remember reading something like that about AFFL. But I think it was after the season started so it was kind of after the fact..something about auctioning teams at EBay too. Can't say if you definately should have but I think from reading your posts in the past if you were reasonably confident in the information you would have posted it .

My take is I'd for sure warn my friends I knew played through an email and probably post a caution with at least a little bit of what I'd heard. What I wouldn't do is post that I heard something but then give nothing about from where or about what. If I didn't feel I could say anything then I wouldn't start to say something without really saying anything in public message boards.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:08 am

From at least one stand point, the comparison of AFFL to FFOC is fair. Most people who entered the AFFL last year knew that the entry fees would not cover the prize money, but had faith in the ownership to pay out at the end of the season. Lesson learned? Perhaps not, as many are entering the FFOC under similar conditions. AFFL was run as a multi-year pyramid scheme. FFOC has stated upfront that money will be in escrow. Doesn't look similar to me Glenn. [/QUOTE]I'm sure you've done the math when looking at this contest. Why would a fantasy football venture purposefully lose $500,000 to $1,500,000 in its first year of operation, when they could pull the plug on August 25th?
[/QUOTE]Glenn, why does any business take a loss in its first year? Do you know how long it takes for a typical biotech to make money, or a retailer or countless other businesses?

I posted awhile ago in another thread that I thought a million dollar loss could be viewed as an acceptable start-up loss given the potential to recoup this in full by year two.

This is a very different game from WCOFF/NFFC. The economics are very different. With the ability to attract mass market consumers this could turn into a franchise that would generate millions per year in profits.

Secondly, are you in the FFOC? Because they haven't charged me for anything yet. It's hard to take somebody's money and run like the AFFL if you don't take their money in the first place.

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:08 am

FFOC has stated upfront that money will be in escrow. Btw, has anyone confirmed this? When was this money suppose to be in escrow, prior to collecting entries or after?
For Players. By Players.

ultimatefs

FFOC Investigation

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:09 am

[/QUOTE]The same reason Greg didn't pull the plug year one. They have faith that it will be very profitable in the future as KJ has indicated.

What new business makes a profit year one? Not that many..

JMO, but I see two other new contests in the same boat right now, to a much less degree of course.

[ August 06, 2008, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:13 am

Originally posted by Nag':
FFOC has stated upfront that money will be in escrow. Btw, has anyone confirmed this? When was this money suppose to be in escrow, prior to collecting entries or after? [/QUOTE]They haven't collected anything from me yet, which suggests they may not hit the credit cards until a final determination is made. Which again refutes any comparison to the AFFL. Not that I would expect you to acknowledge this as it does not support your opinion.