UFFC's top 12 RBs for 2008 (Pre draft)

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:44 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Billy, I agree - no way I can take Peterson second overall when he's not the clear starter, isn't getting all the goal line carries and is a complete non-factor in the passing game.

I'll say again with regard to another RB - I think Gore is going to be a monster in SF this season with Martz there. It will be hard to sell that to last years Gore owners. They still have the same crappy QB play and they traded old ordinary WR's for more old ordinary WR's.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:50 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Billy, I agree - no way I can take Peterson second overall when he's not the clear starter, isn't getting all the goal line carries and is a complete non-factor in the passing game.

I'll say again with regard to another RB - I think Gore is going to be a monster in SF this season with Martz there. It will be hard to sell that to last years Gore owners. They still have the same crappy QB play and they traded old ordinary WR's for more old ordinary WR's.
[/QUOTE]They don't have Darrell Jackson anymore. I would be an upgrade over him! :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:52 am

Sure, sure, sure. That one you remember.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:56 am

How could I forget DJax. He single handedly sucked the joy out of FF last year.
:mad:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 am

Good thing I didn't tout him highly before the season began.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:07 am

I'm not sold on Martz. I see where he did nothing in Detroit to make the RBs better. Even though K. Jones got hurt, there was time for him to shine in Martz's system.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding this year with Gore.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Sure, sure, sure. That one you remember. Of course I remember, I only heard how he was the biggest fantasy gem at WR last year the ENTIRE preseason! :D

I can't remember who said that though? ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:19 am

Must've been some idiot.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:06 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...every year the so-called FF experts, pundits and gurus alike debate, analyze, assess and criticize various players at various positions that end up comprising their individual and respective rankings at season's start...and every year, like clockwork, once the pigskin starts spiraling for real, the shitt hits the fan (INJURIES being the numero uno culprit), and the greatly anticipated, time/pain-stakingly well thought-out plans get flushed down the plumbing pipes as all hell takes place...and in turn, the ranking order gets mangled and mashed like mongoose nuts caught in a cobra's fangs...how many of the FF comrades here truly had a Top 10 RB list at the 2007 season's START that looked anything like the way it ACTUALLY turned out at the END of last year (or any other season for that matter)?...case in point, and especially with injuries taking a particularly larger role in the scheme of things to come for the foreseeable future in the NFL, think OUTSIDE THE BOX IN 2008!...

TOP 10 RB'S IN 2007 (TOTAL POINTS NOT PPG):

Tomlinson, LaDainian
Westbrook, Brian
Portis, Clinton
Addai, Joseph
Peterson, Adrian
Lewis, Jamal
Barber, Marion
Gore, Frank
McGahee, Willis
Graham, Earnest

...SNAKE Rankings ALWAYS should be made with thought and logic with a LITTLE bit of thinking outside the box.

Those who want to consistently think they are "visionaries" and are "innovators" simply and take "wild fliers" on players (especially those with injury histories) won't experience success consistently IMO.

Thinking "outside the box" is certainly an option, and while it may lead to someone looking like a genius on a pick or two, all in all I would be willing to bet that it will lead to MUCH more disappointment than success.

[ April 03, 2008, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]