+*+ ROSTERS +*+

King of Queens

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:52 am

next big thing, that was a great post. keep em coming.

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:32 am

Originally posted by Ernol:
Here’s my squad from Las Vegas League 6 from the 11th slot:

QB: Kerry Collins and Michael Vick (yeah, seems strange but could not resist the gamble and depth when he was around at 9.11.)

RB: Kevin Jones, Fred Taylor, Thomas Jones, Marshall Faulk, Chris Perry, Alvin Pearman

WR: Torry Holt, Darrell Jackson, Isaac Bruce, Mushin Muhammed, Ron Curry, David Patten

TE: Ben Watson and Doug Jolley (I could be in trouble here)

Def: Cincy

K: John Kasay

LV 6 was a great bunch to draft with and were all very well prepared. Not that I like him, but how in the world did Vick last to 9.11?? I mean how many QB's went BEFORE him. Round 9 is a time in most drafts where people start taking their backups.

bad boyz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by bad boyz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:35 am

What does Michael Vick REALLY have to offer this year? Its a sad state of affairs when your best option is your tight end. They will run, run, and run some more(along with Vick) which will increase his odds of getting injured. I just think there are much better options at QB, in my humble opinion.

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:38 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
Pocket Aces -

Yo, what is your squad this year lookin' like?

BTW- why r u a member of th Antonio bryant fan club? We have antonio...do we get any perks? I drafted from the 10 hole and got;

QB- Jake Plummer, Brian Griese

RB- Deuce McAllister, Tiki Barber, Chester Taylor, Marcel Shipp, Antowain Smith

WR- Hines Ward, Laveranues Coles, Antonio Bryant, Brandon Lloyd, Eric Parker, Bryant Johnson, Peerless Price

TE- Tony Gonzalez, Kris Wilson

K- Paul Edinger

D- Philadelphia

This year's team name is "16 Weeks of Pain". My biggest weakness is only 2 starting RB's, but they are both solid, and you guys held tight for about 9 weeks with one unhealthy McAllister. Last year I had Foster, and he was good for one game, and honestly I think Chester Taylor and Marcel Shipp are going to play a lot more than most think (especially Taylor).

All in all (on paper) my team is MUCH stronger than last year's as my WR's were Horn, K-ROb :mad: , Roy WIlliams (gimpy for most of the year), and Anquan Boldin (out for first 6 games, and never really got on track). Brooks was my QB, so Plummer SHOULD be that good. I did have Gates, but having Gonzalez should give me the top (or close to it) TE. I like my guys a lot, provided of course they all stay healthy. It would help if Jamal Lewis would go back to jail too! ;)

To answer your question about the "Antonio Bryant fan club", I would have to say the answer is "no". You had to be in Chicago, as 4 of us (all in different leagues) were talking him up before the draft, and we all got him on our roster.

Great bunch of guys in Chicago!!!!

[ September 05, 2005, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:42 am

Originally posted by seeferman:
Pittsburgh AND Philly???? Your obviously an Eagles fan, but what round did you get those D's in?

I got Pitts in rd. 11 and Philly in rd. 14. WOW, Philly in round 14???? I understand now why you backed em up. I had ot snag them in round 10 as 5 other D's were off the board at the time. I really think they will be a top 3 D this year with some of the weak teams they play.

[ September 05, 2005, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:43 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by seeferman:
Pittsburgh AND Philly???? Your obviously an Eagles fan, but what round did you get those D's in?

I got Pitts in rd. 11 and Philly in rd. 14. WOW, Philly in round 14???? I understand now why you backed em up. I had to take them in the 10th as 5 other D's were off the board, and I think they got a shot at top 3 with the schedule they play.

NICE JOB!!

[/QUOTE]

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:18 am

Originally posted by The Next Big Thing:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. almost...

plummer(top 10)
joey H.

mccalaster(10)
l.jordan (10)
c. taylor
pittman
a-train
m. morris
Fargas

wayne(10)
s. smith (10)
bruce (15)
t. taylor (25)

heap (3)

jets d (5)

stover (5)

this is my squad from the chicago 2, I think its pretty well rounded.

many "head scratcher" picks in this draft. What ever the guy was smoking that took mike anderson with the 6th pick...let me try some cause i could use a taste. I mean dude, he would have been available for you in the second. Me like most folks, think that this team im fielding is "top notch", and that chcago 2 is mine to lose. There is one squad with a alexander/chad j/harrisson combo i think will make some noise. i cant belive they let chad go in the 3erd. I got him pegged as the #2 recever this year. Any commments? am i delusional to think i got league chcago 2 rapped up before the first snap of the season? Anyways props to my league iv'e got a bunch of great guys in my league.

Anyone else laugh at the whole "moneymaker no show"? That was quite the sham. Who do you really think was drafting "the so called moneymaker team"
I'm starting to wonder if it ws all just a big publicity stunt. I'm guessing there was noone on the other end of the phone, or if the was it was probally moneymakers "maid" or something. And finally, how hard is it to get a couple of "decent broads" to work the draft boards? i mean the guy siiting across the table from me had a bigger rack than the girl working the draft board. Is it to much to ask for a little silicone next year? I mean iv'e found prostatutes in mexico that were easier on the eyes. If you want my help next year i'll swing by scores on friday night with a bag of some "devils drandruf" and i'll bring in some "good young talent", to work the boards. It's just a thought, since half of chicagos Draft board chicks were not qauilified for husler, and the other half were 40 year old men who probally play in one or two softball leagues, when there not debating on whether or not it's gonna be a "big mac" night, or whether or not 2 dozen crispie creams will give them a stomach ache.

anyways that was a little off topic but i'd like some "back patting" for my squad. It was my first year in the league and wasn't sure what to except.

I heard mike tysons in line for next years celebrity "phone drafter".
[/QUOTE]I was in Chicago 5, and saw that Mike Anderson at 6 pick, and was shocked also. My team has a lot of similarities to yours;

- I also picked from the 10 hole.

- I have McAllister and Barber (could have taken Jordan, but Tiki is solid, and Oakland's schedule against the run is TOUGH!!!) I too only have 2 "starting RB's", as I picked up C.Taylor also.

- I have Plummer (with Griese)

- Your WR's are better than mine (Ward, Coles, Bryant, Lloyd, etc.)

- I got you at tight end with Gonzo, and I would be SHOCKED to see Heap be top 3 this year (especially with Boller and the injuries)

Overall a really good looking team. I will be rooting for you, as if your team is doing well, mine should be also! :D

joeypar

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by joeypar » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:50 am

OK, Here's my team but just wondering if this might be the deepest RB corp around???

QB's: Tom Brady, Eli Manning

RB's: Clinton Portis, Tiki Barber, Chris Brown, Reuben Droughns, Chris Perry

WR's: Michael Clayton, Larry Fitzgerald, Lee Evans, Braylon Edwards, Troy Williamson

TE's: Eric Johnson, Courtney Anderson

K: Jeff Wilkins

Def: Bears

Love to hear what you think

BillyWaz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:58 am

Originally posted by Joe M:
OK, Here's my team but just wondering if this might be the deepest RB corp around???

QB's: Tom Brady, Eli Manning

RB's: Clinton Portis, Tiki Barber, Chris Brown, Reuben Droughns, Chris Perry

WR's: Michael Clayton, Larry Fitzgerald, Lee Evans, Braylon Edwards, Troy Williamson

TE's: Eric Johnson, Courtney Anderson

K: Jeff Wilkins

Def: Bears

Love to hear what you think It could be. C.Brown is an injury risk though, and Droughns WILL share time, so it might not be as deep in a few weeks.

You definitely win the prize for the youngest group of WR's. 3 2nd year guys and 2 rookies. Should be interesting to see how that plays out for you.

Good luck!!!

Route Collectors

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by Route Collectors » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:05 am

Originally posted by The Next Big Thing:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. almost...

plummer(top 10)
joey H.

mccalaster(10)
l.jordan (10)
c. taylor
pittman
a-train
m. morris
Fargas

wayne(10)
s. smith (10)
bruce (15)
t. taylor (25)

heap (3)

jets d (5)

stover (5)

this is my squad from the chicago 2, I think its pretty well rounded.

many "head scratcher" picks in this draft. What ever the guy was smoking that took mike anderson with the 6th pick...let me try some cause i could use a taste. I mean dude, he would have been available for you in the second. Me like most folks, think that this team im fielding is "top notch", and that chcago 2 is mine to lose. There is one squad with a alexander/chad j/harrisson combo i think will make some noise. i cant belive they let chad go in the 3erd. I got him pegged as the #2 recever this year. Any commments? am i delusional to think i got league chcago 2 rapped up before the first snap of the season? Anyways props to my league iv'e got a bunch of great guys in my league.

Anyone else laugh at the whole "moneymaker no show"? That was quite the sham. Who do you really think was drafting "the so called moneymaker team"
I'm starting to wonder if it ws all just a big publicity stunt. I'm guessing there was noone on the other end of the phone, or if the was it was probally moneymakers "maid" or something. And finally, how hard is it to get a couple of "decent broads" to work the draft boards? i mean the guy siiting across the table from me had a bigger rack than the girl working the draft board. Is it to much to ask for a little silicone next year? I mean iv'e found prostatutes in mexico that were easier on the eyes. If you want my help next year i'll swing by scores on friday night with a bag of some "devils drandruf" and i'll bring in some "good young talent", to work the boards. It's just a thought, since half of chicagos Draft board chicks were not qauilified for husler, and the other half were 40 year old men who probally play in one or two softball leagues, when there not debating on whether or not it's gonna be a "big mac" night, or whether or not 2 dozen crispie creams will give them a stomach ache.

anyways that was a little off topic but i'd like some "back patting" for my squad. It was my first year in the league and wasn't sure what to except.

I heard mike tysons in line for next years celebrity "phone drafter".
[/QUOTE]If you're really looking for an honest opinion - sure.
Back patting before week 1 - ask your wife or girlfriend as nobody here REALLY cares about any squad but their own.
I'd stop talking about the "draft girls" if I were you as they were the daughters of your draft moderator.
The 40 year old softball guys as you put it would kick your a$$ in any FF league. Real good people that I consider friends. I know them and you don't so here's a small piece of advice - eat a little crow and throw these people you've offended an apology. As I said, they're good people and would forgive your ignorance.
As far as your team goes, only time will tell if you're successful or not. The only fair way to assess how well you did is to thoroughly analyze your draft choices as they related to your draft board. Who has time for that?
This is a good thread for teams to blow off some steam but right now most owners think they've got the $$$$$$ team.

Finally - yes it's too early to say the league is yours to lose. :rolleyes: