Potential Scoring Change

weber7777

Potential Scoring Change

Post by weber7777 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':

Will the NFFC continue to allow incorrect stats to stand even though they are officially corrected? if it's after the deadline stated in the rules (which everyone signed up for), YES.

Now, NEXT year might be open for debate.
[/QUOTE]Nonsense. This is something that Greg should've acted on immediately. This is the right thing to do instead of allowing stats to be scores incorrectly. Changing the day from Wednesday to Friday is benefitial to all, even if not all agree to the change.

And if any of YOU on these boards had any BALLS, instead of kissing Greg's ass and screaming about nonsense like getting rid of H2H, you'd be on his ass to change this. I can only imagine the kind of heat WCOFF would take if they continued with such an idiotic policy.
[/QUOTE]dude you never change.. always looking to stir things up..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Potential Scoring Change

Post by weber7777 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:07 am

HEY Nag rules are rules. if you didn't like them you shouldn't have paid the money at the start of the year.. im sure everyone would be so sad to see you leave next year..

you make side comments about people discussing issues on the boards about Hto head etc..who cares.. it's their choice.. you compare with the WCOFF, who's boards are SILENT this year.. there is no action whatsoever on those boards..

i play both leagues, and have to abide by both leagues' rules.. whether i like them or not.. my choice to pay or not to pay.. you have the same choice..

weber7777

Potential Scoring Change

Post by weber7777 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:10 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Ultimately it's Greg's decision but I know we're both in agreement that you need to have a final deadline of some kind so people don't have to wait a week or so to find out if they won or lost the previous week. I can't call this anything other than pure nonsense. Weeks? What weeks? We're talking about a 1 day difference, between Wednesday afternoon and say a Thursday night. As I said, this season Elias has made Thursday the day for stat change announcements. If you admit this is Greg's decision that I am even more disappointed in his choice. The right decision would have been to do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure stats are correct and you are here on record stating that you REFUSE to do it. Ok, no problem. [/QUOTE]The rules are in place for this season, Alex. Again, we are willing to listen to suggestions going forward if people want to see any changes made. I think you know Greg and I have been very responsive to our participants' requests since Day 1. But the rule is in place for this season.

Attacking your integrity? Please. A typo would be Wnsday. Thursday is not a typo. It's a different day. And asking you which day is the right one isn't questioning your integrity, it's questioning which day. You know, which day is right in the contract we signed? The one that you can't be changed during the year we are playing in.The deadline is Wednesday.
[/QUOTE]Wonderful, are there any other typos in the rules that we should be aware of?
[/QUOTE]Billy Waz, you and everyone here has gone CRAZY blasting another event when anything has gone wrong.
[/QUOTE]Lou,

I blasted the other contest when LENNY was in charge as that guy based on MANY instances I saw was completely rude to customers, and all he cared about was turning a buck.

Since they have changed ownership I not only have said nothing, but I have changed my monniker ("WCOFF, SCHMYCOFF, REAL MEN PLAY IN THE NFFC!), and DO plan to play in that event next year.

Your contest is only as good as the people who run it IMO, and I think the NFFC is top notch (and again, I have played in as many as anyone else).

Nag simply has bitched and moaned about this contest REPEATEDLY. WHY DOES HE CONTINUE TO PLAY????

You Lou (from what I know) have always been someone who has admitted when they are wrong, but Nag has "Fonzarellitis" (he can't and WON'T admit he is wrong).

Not saying his opinion on the situation is wrong, but when I ask him a SIMPLE question "why do you continue to play? (if he has that many issues), what does he do????

Asks me if my back is sore from all the ass kissing.

I could come back with something, but I will let this go.

You know your buddy as well as anyone Lou, and if he IS wrong, he is going to make damn sure everyone else ISN'T right! :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]dude your so right on this comment.. and don't go there with comments about Nag, in terms of what your thinking.. he gets very upset if you imply something about ...lol. good post!!!

Team Legacy

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:10 am

quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
I just wonder why it took 3 year and 10 weeks to bring up this subject. I'll repeat it again. Elias has made it a point this year to announce all stat changes on Thursday. I don't know if it's an official date or not but I do not remember it being this way on the past. It is my contention that as soon as this was realized - and it was pointed out by me a few weeks ago - the Wednesday date should have been pushed back to Thursday. This would've been the right thing to do for the sake of accurate stats and would've been welcomed by everyone (except for one person who thinks getting stats corrected isn't as important as setting FA bids). [/QUOTE]Slave, errr... Alex...

I agree with this. I think as an error in judgement, this rule could have changed with little or no commotion.

I compare it to the decision the WCOFF had to make last year when there was a waivers crash. It wasn't IN THE RULES what to do, so they did what they thought was right. I bet you if we looked, there is somewhere in the rules that Tom and Greg can do the same.

I for one would be UBER po'd if I lost a LEAGUE DEFINING game due to the unwillingness to "right a wrong."

It all really boils down to a clause in the rules that states Greg and Tom can make a decision in the best interest of the league if need be.

[ November 13, 2007, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Team Legacy ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Gordon Gekko

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:14 am

. As far as telling people they don't have balls for calling out Greg/Tom on this - guess what? - they DON'T!!! Exactly why don't others have "balls"? NOTHING is going to change for this year. Did you catch that? Tom has said that repeatedly. Yet we don't have "balls" because we fail to ridicule tom for not changing this year? I'd say the ones without "balls" are using the brain. I suggest you start doing the same.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Nag'

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Nag' » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:18 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
. As far as telling people they don't have balls for calling out Greg/Tom on this - guess what? - they DON'T!!! Exactly why don't others have "balls"? NOTHING is going to change for this year. Did you catch that? Tom has said that repeatedly. Yet we don't have "balls" because we fail to ridicule tom for not changing this year? I'd say the ones without "balls" are using the brain. I suggest you start doing the same. [/QUOTE]Are you upset because you think I was referring to you as one of the ball-less?
For Players. By Players.

3INTBOY

Potential Scoring Change

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:19 am

The "Rules are Rules" argument is so beyond annoying it's not even funny.
If the rule is flawed from the start, why enforce it? It has no dramatic impact on this event RIGHT NOW except to make sure that the point(no pun) of scoring teams correctly is followed?
Teams that would lose beciuase of it should understand, they were outscored and the rule as written COULD NOT be followed because the stats provider doesn't change the scoring until a day AFTER the rule states they must be in by.

WTheck is so hard to understand about that?

Nag'
Member # 23

Member Rated:
posted November 13, 2007 04:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
I just wonder why it took 3 year and 10 weeks to bring up this subject.

I'll repeat it again. Elias has made it a point this year to announce all stat changes on Thursday. I don't know if it's an official date or not but I do not remember it being this way on the past. It is my contention that as soon as this was realized - and it was pointed out by me a few weeks ago - the Wednesday date should have been pushed back to Thursday. This would've been the right thing to do for the sake of accurate stats and would've been welcomed by everyone (except for one person who thinks getting stats corrected isn't as important as setting FA bids).

I understand why Alex is upset, and agree. And think that being proactive weeks ago when it was brought up was/is the correct move.

To simply dismiss it as "rules are rules" is to ignore the problem that is in fromt of everyone. God forbid someone loses a LCG by a few points because of this.

THAT's a nightmare of epic proportions IMO. Telling someone "sorry you don't win $2500-$5K because "rules are rules"
Whew.

3'

[ November 13, 2007, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

weber7777

Potential Scoring Change

Post by weber7777 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:19 am

there is a right way of doing things and a wrong way. you have a beef, just shoot greg a private email.. everytime i've done that..literally i have a response in an hour at most.. even on weekends or on a sunday.. when you call them out publically, i don't blame them for not saying a word.. it's a no win situation for them.. have some respect for someone as a person and business man nag and email greg directly.

weber7777

Potential Scoring Change

Post by weber7777 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 am

. As far as telling people they don't have balls for calling out Greg/Tom on this - guess what? - they DON'T!!! Exactly why don't others have "balls"? NOTHING is going to change for this year. Did you catch that? Tom has said that repeatedly. Yet we don't have "balls" because we fail to ridicule tom for not changing this year? I'd say the ones without "balls" are using the brain. I suggest you start doing the same. [/QUOTE]Are you upset because you think I was referring to you as one of the ball-less?
[/QUOTE]Nag you seem to be doing a lot of talking about "balls" in this post..is there something we should all know here ?? "not that there is anything wrong with that" Quote Jerry Seinfeld.

Sorry Greg and Tom, couldn't resist that one. lol.

[ November 13, 2007, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: weber ]

Gordon Gekko

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:24 am

[/QUOTE]No one is upset except for u. I suggested that u use your brain and realize all your grandstanding and name calling is all for moot, as NOTHING is going to change for this year.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?