Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
I will have to admit that I was absolutely shocked at today's outcome. After Tebow's last three outings, I would find it hard to believe that many of the "Tebowites" anticipated today's outcome either. Many might say it, but going up against the #1 defense, they wouldn't be being honest if they did.

Tebow made some great throws today and everyone got to see the reason why the Broncos were so high on Thomas when they drafted him. When healthy, there are few WR in the league that can match his unique makeup of strength and speed.

This isn't as much of an excuse as it is a fact, the Steelers D really missed Ryan Clark today. Add to that Kiesel and Hampton making early exits, the Steelers D was in trouble. Not that any of those guys change the outcome because today, I think the Broncos were destined to win, but those guys obviously are key to the Steelers defensive success.

My opinion on Tebow as an NFL QB hasn't changed much. I still question that his style can be sustained and if the organization will fully committ to him. They may now but with all the rumors circling before hand about him being on a short leash, they had clearly lost some confidence in him. I'm sure all is well in Bronco land now, the question remains, will it last or do those same rumors and questions arise at the next sign of struggle?

Great game to watch today and what an amazing and unlikely win for a franchise that hasn't had a win that big in quite some time. I can't wait to see what unfolds in NE next week! There is a post in the wild card predictions thread, from a few days ago, that accurately predicted a Tebow resurrection.... just sayin :D

[ January 08, 2012, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Al R G ]

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
I will have to admit that I was absolutely shocked at today's outcome. After Tebow's last three outings, I would find it hard to believe that many of the "Tebowites" anticipated today's outcome either. Many might say it, but going up against the #1 defense, they wouldn't be being honest if they did.

Tebow made some great throws today and everyone got to see the reason why the Broncos were so high on Thomas when they drafted him. When healthy, there are few WR in the league that can match his unique makeup of strength and speed.

This isn't as much of an excuse as it is a fact, the Steelers D really missed Ryan Clark today. Add to that Kiesel and Hampton making early exits, the Steelers D was in trouble. Not that any of those guys change the outcome because today, I think the Broncos were destined to win, but those guys obviously are key to the Steelers defensive success.

My opinion on Tebow as an NFL QB hasn't changed much. I still question that his style can be sustained and if the organization will fully committ to him. They may now but with all the rumors circling before hand about him being on a short leash, they had clearly lost some confidence in him. I'm sure all is well in Bronco land now, the question remains, will it last or do those same rumors and questions arise at the next sign of struggle?

Great game to watch today and what an amazing and unlikely win for a franchise that hasn't had a win that big in quite some time. I can't wait to see what unfolds in NE next week! There is a post in the wild card predictions thread, from a few days ago, that accurately predicted a Tebow resurrection.... just sayin :D
[/QUOTE]Yep, you called it. I have to tip my hat to you. You had the guts to put yourself out there before the game and I respect that. Other spineless people just pile on after the fact rather than man up ahead of time.

Unlike some others, I happen to "give a rat's arse" about predictions and you were the only one predicting a Broncos win.

Good job!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:

Great game to watch today and what an amazing and unlikely win for a franchise that hasn't had a win that big in quite some time. I can't wait to see what unfolds in NE next week! I concur with everything u said here....agree it will be interesting to see what unfolds in NE next week.

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Originally posted by Al R G:

[/QUOTE]Good prediction...now can he do it again in new england next week?

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:40 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Even Lady Gaga respects The Tebow:

ladygaga Giants fan but wow. #Tebow That's what the xxxx a champion looks like. #nfl who knew Tom was a lady gaga fan....lol

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:33 am

Dick Lebeau deserves alot of blame...all he had to was play Tebow in an honest conservative defense with 4 man rush . Instead he showed total disrespect to Tebow and had the line stacked with 9 guys including Troy Polamalu, who was nowhere to be found on that OT pass. No excuse for allowing an 80 yard TD pass on the 1st play of OT when normal base defense, where u don't lose contain has been proven more than enough to stop Tebow.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:08 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Even Lady Gaga respects The Tebow:

ladygaga Giants fan but wow. #Tebow That's what the xxxx a champion looks like. #nfl who knew Tom was a lady gaga fan....lol
[/QUOTE]I'm not but Twitter's an amazing thing.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:25 am

I Tweeted last night that what Tebow did against the Steelers is what I thought he would do against the Patriots a few weeks back - big yardage numbers and 2-3 total TDs. It didn't happen in that game but the potential is still there in my opinion. New England's pass defense hasn't gotten any better and Tebow will need to make plays through the air if Denver is going to have a chance.

Tebow raised the roof with his fantasy ceiling against the Steelers. Can he raise it even higher next weekend against New England?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:59 am

Originally posted by TR:
Dick Lebeau deserves alot of blame...all he had to was play Tebow in an honest conservative defense with 4 man rush . Instead he showed total disrespect to Tebow and had the line stacked with 9 guys including Troy Polamalu, who was nowhere to be found on that OT pass. No excuse for allowing an 80 yard TD pass on the 1st play of OT when normal base defense, where u don't lose contain has been proven more than enough to stop Tebow. I thought the Steelers were really out coached yesterday. Their offensive scheme was very well prepared and they focused on and took advantage of Polamalu's aggressiveness. Getting him to bite and be out of position on a handful of plays lead to some big gainers for that offense and built Tebow's confidence. He didn't complete that many passes but were for large chunks of yardage when he did.
Go Big Red!

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:

[/QUOTE]Yep, you called it. I have to tip my hat to you. You had the guts to put yourself out there before the game and I respect that. Other spineless people just pile on after the fact rather than man up ahead of time.

Unlike some others, I happen to "give a rat's arse" about predictions and you were the only one predicting a Broncos win.

Good job!
[/QUOTE]Dont get your tone here either Paul. I defended Tebow as a quality NFL QB from the beginning of this thread. That is all. I have never made game predictions and I dont see the connection