Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Diesel

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Diesel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:45 am

Al R G,

Good call on Tebow this week...but even a broken clock is right twice a day...lol...Can you make another call like that this week? i have my bookie on hold.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Al R G,

Good call on Tebow this week...but even a broken clock is right twice a day...lol...Can you make another call like that this week? i have my bookie on hold. 13 1/2 points last time I checked. That is a lot of points. If it goes over 14, I would take the Broncos. I think Tebow and the Broncos will play well, but it is Tom Brady and the Pats. I am not predicting a Bronco win this week, but I hope they prove me wrong.... One thing I will predict. The Broncos-Patriots game will be the most watched NFL playoff game ever (other than Super Bowls of course)

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Al R G,

Good call on Tebow this week...but even a broken clock is right twice a day...lol...Can you make another call like that this week? i have my bookie on hold. The line right now is New England -13.5

Gotta tell ya...that's a lot of points to put on a team with an atrocious defense. The Patriots are a good team, but they haven't beaten a single team this year with a winning record. Not one.

I think New England wins, but by two full TD's? I wouldn't bet it.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:13 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The Broncos beat one of the teams many considered to be a top Super Bow contender in the AFC. Had the Broncos lost, I'm 100% positive those not giving Tebow his due now would have said he failed against a good team. Only when the Broncos win does Pittsburgh suddenly go from being a top Super Bowl contender to a shell of themselves. Quite odd. Or we might just say "They beat Denver with one hand tied behind their back"!

Hey, all I said was that it's not like they beat the SAME D that earned PIT the #1 ranking this year OR the same offense that went to the Super Bowl last year. I wasn't the one who attached those accolades to their win (Tom did). But seriously, at what point DO injuries count? What if all 22 starters were replaced this week? Would THAT count? I'm just saying that, yes, they beat a good, but not GREAT team yesterday, IMO, due to PIT not having some key players at 100%.

Did Tebow still have a great fantasy day against an above-average team? Absolutely! Would I draft him as my NFFC QB1? Hell no! I just don't think he can sustain production like that given how few passes he attempts and how few he completes. And let's be honest... we can't place ALL of the blame for him not attempting a lot on his coaches; there are certainly plenty of plays that sure look like they were designed pass plays - but after he makes his first read, he pulls it down and takes off. Nor can we write off ALL his incompletions as "drops by receivers". Some are, yes. And some are just him either unable or unwilling to throw to a receiver who isn't wide freakin' open.

Yes, he threw some nice long balls yesterday AND he threw some short ones that his receivers broke open. For my fantasy teams, I'll still take Ben, Rivers, Romo, Eli, and all the guys above them in the rankings before Tebow because I prefer a QB who gets his points throwing 30-50x per game and completing 55-70% of his passes over the guy who occasionally throws over 20 passes, completes less than half, and relies on rushing and big-play receiving TDs to get similar numbers. IMO, those QBs are more likely to be able to sustain production over the course of an entire season.

So yes, for those who prefer to wait on drafting a QB, a QB10-12 type might be your guy. You can have Tebow (and I do hope you're in my leagues next year ). We'll stick with the traditional drop-back PASSERS. :D

[ January 09, 2012, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:16 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
How exactly was that "poor coaching"??? Mike Tomlin and Dick Lebeau played Tebow exactly like Buffalo and KC did. The difference? Tebow and Denver figured it out and threw it down field. This game was NOTHING about poor coaching... excuse after excuse... TEBOW was the main reason Denver won this game with perfect down field throws against a top rated defense. I haven't checked but... did KC and BUF also play against DEN without their team-tackle-leading starting safety, allowing their cornerback to be torched over and over again without that safety help behind him? :rolleyes:

[ January 09, 2012, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
...Combine that approach with their top-ranked defense and they had every reason to think they could stop the Broncos' passing attack. But Tebow beat the approach and the Broncos finally passed on first down to win the game. ... You can keep touting the Steelers "top-ranked" D all you want Tom, but whether you'll admit it or not, we both know that they wouldn't have been top-ranked if they'd played all year with yesterday's personnel.

Heck, even Thomas seemed to realize that things were a little easier yesterday with the Steelers missing Clark at safety:
"The way they were playing us, the corner was off and the safety (Mundy) was down," Thomas said. "When the safety crept down, I said 'If I beat this corner, it's a touchdown.' When (Taylor) missed me at the line, I knew that was all she wrote."

One would have to think he saw similar looks all day. Or did Tebow just all of a sudden "get it" and out of nowhere can now complete long passes at will? :D

[ January 09, 2012, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:30 am

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well I don't think the Steelers' losses yesterday equates to the Packers losing Rodgers. And it's not like the Broncos were completely healthy either. Losing Decker was pretty big. No Brian Dawkins was a gigantic absence.

That's the deal at this time of the season. Hard to find a team that still has everyone completely healthy. I think losing Decker actually helped tebow...they were never on the same page all season. I doubt Decker makes that 1st corner end zone catch...let's not forget Eddie Royal had over 1000 yards his rookie season..then for some reason denver let him rot the next few years. I think the Steelers losses were worse than losing Aaron Rodgers as we saw what Matt Flynn can do in that system...never lose sight that majority of big games are won in the trenches. With that said, tebow and denver took advantage of the injuries and poor coaching.
[/QUOTE]How exactly was that "poor coaching"??? Mike Tomlin and Dick Lebeau played Tebow exactly like Buffalo and KC did. The difference? Tebow and Denver figured it out and threw it down field. This game was NOTHING about poor coaching... excuse after excuse... TEBOW was the main reason Denver won this game with perfect down field throws against a top rated defense.
[/QUOTE]They absolutely did not play tebow "exactly like buffalo and kc did"..it had PLENTY to do with poor coaching...allow me to share this post from stillers.com...while I don't agree with everything still mill says, he is right for the most part about dick lebeau's terrible coaching against tebow,...

DC: Dick, once again, for the 14th time this season, had the luxury of facing a totally inept offense led (sic) by a totally inept QB. Coming into this tilt, the lowly Donco offense had not scored a TD in their last 19 drives. The Doncos lost their starting RG last week, and had to user a backup. Lil’ Timmy Tebow was THE MOST inaccurate passer in the NFL this season and was THE WORST QB, statistically, in the entire league this season.

Everyone knows you do NOT ALLOW Tebow to scramble to his LEFT. Everyone, that is, except Dick LeBeau. On the 2nd series, the defense allowed Tebow an ACRE of room, and what would have been a 92-yard TD pass was just 2 inches too far for the WR. Early in the 2Q, with the Stillers in total command and leading 6-0, the Doncos faced a 3d & 12 the defense again allowed Tebow to scramble to his LEFT, and the pitiful QB easily completed a 51-yard bomb to Thomas on 3d & 12. Everyone knows you don’t allow Teblow to scramble to his LEFT, and it was at this point that I quickly realized -- LeBeau and his vaunted defense were totally unprepared for this QB.

In the 2Q, Dick allowed a 58-yard deep ball to Thomas, the longest completion of Tebow’s career (at that point). Soon thereafter, Teblow ran a keeper for 4 yards, setting up a 2d & 6 at the PIT 8. ANYONE who has watched the Doncos this season knows this a situation where the Broncos LOVE to run the QB keeper. Sure enough, they did, and Dick was entirely unprepared for it, and Teblow ran up a GAPING hole, nearly untouched, for a cake-easy TD run. “Duh-uh……I am Dick LeBeau and I am a clueless fuking idiot….”

Later in the 2Q, the vaunted “#1” defense allowed a designed rollout to Teblow’s LEFT, and Tebow, totally unfettered, easily completed a 40 yard pass on a long loft. Late in the 2Q, Dick, as helpless as a 1-legged man in an ass-kicking contest, allowed a 59-yard march for a chippie FG to make the lead 20-6. In the 2Q alone, Dick allowed 226 yards of offense to a lowly, putrid, sack o’ **** offense that passed for 60 (SIXTY) yards in the entire game last week.

Dick finally managed to stop Timmy and the Broncos on the 1st drive of the 3Q, Problem was, Dick allowed the Doncos to make a couple first downs, and the Doncos marched to the PIT 37 before punting and pinning the Stillers on their own 12. That’s called FLIPPING the field, and no one allows it to happen easier in big games, than Dick LeBeau.

On 2d & 7 late in the 3Q, Tebow had an ETERNITY in the pocket. He finally took off running up the gut, and had an ACRE of room for an easy 8-yard run. A couple plays later, Tebow ran the read-option keeper for 10 yards. The flat-footed defense looked about as prepared as the French army was for either World War.

In the 3Q, the Stillers scored a TD to make it a 7-point game. The KO was a TB and Denver took over at its 20. RIGHT HERE was a chance for this softee, over-rated defense to make a STOP, force a punt, and get the ball back for the offense. What did Dick do ? He allows the Doncos to casually MARCH, and MARCH, nearly the entire length of the field, in a long, clock-chewing 11-play, 87-yard drive that culminated in a chippie 35-yard FG to make it a 10-point game. That’s some dominating defense, isn’t it ?

After Ben tied the game, DEN took over at its own 15-yard line with 3:42 remaining in the game. RIGHT HERE, the defense could force a punt and give the offense golden FP for a game-winning FB. Nope, not LeBeau. Dick allows another bootleg left, which Tebow casually completed for 17 yards to Fells. Dick finally did force a punt, but precious time, and yardage, was pissed away.

On the first play of OT, Tebow had no pressure in his face, and then calmly hit a WIDE OPEN Thomas on a short post, With NOBODY back at safety, Thomas ran 80 yards for the game-winning TD. When the ball was snapped, there were 11 (ELEVEN) defenders within 4 yards of the LOS. Why ? It’s not like McGahee was tearing it up. He’d gained 61 yards on 19 rushes, about half of what Redman had gained with 2 less carries. LeBeau was a complete fuking ignoramus for sticking EVERY defender up at the LOS on a 1st down play from the opposing 20 yard line. A stupidfuk scheme by a complete stupidfuk.

By the way, lest anyone forget, the Broncos lost their LEADING RECEIVER, Eric Decker, to injury in the 2Q and he did not return. LeBeau faced a depleted Denver receiving corps, and still gave up yardage and points to a pitiful, scattershot QB the way the French army got over-run in both World Wars.

Timmmy Tebow, a total pile o’ dung as a QB, completed 10 of 21 passes for 316 yards. He averaged an unheard-of 15 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 125.6. Timmy’s passer ratings in the two previous games were 37.9 and 20.6. Yet Dick LeBeau, supposedly The Supreme Almighty Lord and Deity of Defensive Football, allows this sorry pissfuk of a QB to achieve a 125.6, with zero turnover. And Dick allowed Timmmy a gaudy 31.6 yards per completion, which is the 3rd highest mark EVER in NFL history.

Overall, Dick got tooled and schooled. Pressure on the QB? NONE. Heat on the QB ? None. Clever disguises? NONE. Exotic coverage that fooled the young, greenhorned Tebow ? NONE. Forced INTs? NONE. Forced turnovers? Only one, that by a RB’s fumble.

Quiz Question -- How do you make Timmy Tebow look like a competent QB ?

Answer: Let him face Dick LeBeau and that vaunted “#1 defense” !!

Dick LeBeau -- totally befuddled, totally confused, and totally worthless. Sure enough, you’ll hear plenty of babble and fury, making pathetic excuses and rationalizing the performance of Dick’s schemes and his flaccid defense. The defense was woefully unprepared for the Denver read-option and the entirely left-handed nature of Tebow. Proper preparation prevents **** poor performance. A complete farcical fraud of a coordinator that was EXPOSED for the entire world to see and snicker. Senility is sad. Denying it is even sadder. Time for this senile fool to do himself, and his team, a favor by retiring. There has been one, and only one, nationally followed web site that has broken down how flaccid, how weak, how over-rated, and how much of a paper tiger LeBeau and his vaunted “#1 defense” is....and you’re reading it right now.

Of course, Mister Teflon, Dick Lebeau, was in total denial after the game and pulled a Todd Graham by throwing Ike Taylor under the bus. "I just talked to him corner to corner," LeBeau said when asked what he said to Taylor. “"I know how he's feeling," LeBeau said of Taylor. "But that's part of playing corner. Ike will be back. He's down right now, but he'll be back." Ike indeed will be back. Let’s hope Dick is not. F-

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
How exactly was that "poor coaching"??? Mike Tomlin and Dick Lebeau played Tebow exactly like Buffalo and KC did. The difference? Tebow and Denver figured it out and threw it down field. This game was NOTHING about poor coaching... excuse after excuse... TEBOW was the main reason Denver won this game with perfect down field throws against a top rated defense. I haven't checked but... did KC and BUF also play against DEN without their team-tackle-leading starting safety, allowing their cornerback to be torched over and over again without that safety help behind him? :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]You are still not making much of a point about bad coaching...

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well I don't think the Steelers' losses yesterday equates to the Packers losing Rodgers. And it's not like the Broncos were completely healthy either. Losing Decker was pretty big. No Brian Dawkins was a gigantic absence.

That's the deal at this time of the season. Hard to find a team that still has everyone completely healthy. I think losing Decker actually helped tebow...they were never on the same page all season. I doubt Decker makes that 1st corner end zone catch...let's not forget Eddie Royal had over 1000 yards his rookie season..then for some reason denver let him rot the next few years. I think the Steelers losses were worse than losing Aaron Rodgers as we saw what Matt Flynn can do in that system...never lose sight that majority of big games are won in the trenches. With that said, tebow and denver took advantage of the injuries and poor coaching.
[/QUOTE]How exactly was that "poor coaching"??? Mike Tomlin and Dick Lebeau played Tebow exactly like Buffalo and KC did. The difference? Tebow and Denver figured it out and threw it down field. This game was NOTHING about poor coaching... excuse after excuse... TEBOW was the main reason Denver won this game with perfect down field throws against a top rated defense.
[/QUOTE]They absolutely did not play tebow "exactly like buffalo and kc did"..it had PLENTY to do with poor coaching...allow me to share this post from stillers.com...while I don't agree with everything still mill says, he is right for the most part about dick lebeau's terrible coaching against tebow,...

DC: Dick, once again, for the 14th time this season, had the luxury of facing a totally inept offense led (sic) by a totally inept QB. Coming into this tilt, the lowly Donco offense had not scored a TD in their last 19 drives. The Doncos lost their starting RG last week, and had to user a backup. Lil’ Timmy Tebow was THE MOST inaccurate passer in the NFL this season and was THE WORST QB, statistically, in the entire league this season.

Everyone knows you do NOT ALLOW Tebow to scramble to his LEFT. Everyone, that is, except Dick LeBeau. On the 2nd series, the defense allowed Tebow an ACRE of room, and what would have been a 92-yard TD pass was just 2 inches too far for the WR. Early in the 2Q, with the Stillers in total command and leading 6-0, the Doncos faced a 3d & 12 the defense again allowed Tebow to scramble to his LEFT, and the pitiful QB easily completed a 51-yard bomb to Thomas on 3d & 12. Everyone knows you don’t allow Teblow to scramble to his LEFT, and it was at this point that I quickly realized -- LeBeau and his vaunted defense were totally unprepared for this QB.

In the 2Q, Dick allowed a 58-yard deep ball to Thomas, the longest completion of Tebow’s career (at that point). Soon thereafter, Teblow ran a keeper for 4 yards, setting up a 2d & 6 at the PIT 8. ANYONE who has watched the Doncos this season knows this a situation where the Broncos LOVE to run the QB keeper. Sure enough, they did, and Dick was entirely unprepared for it, and Teblow ran up a GAPING hole, nearly untouched, for a cake-easy TD run. “Duh-uh……I am Dick LeBeau and I am a clueless fuking idiot….”

Later in the 2Q, the vaunted “#1” defense allowed a designed rollout to Teblow’s LEFT, and Tebow, totally unfettered, easily completed a 40 yard pass on a long loft. Late in the 2Q, Dick, as helpless as a 1-legged man in an ass-kicking contest, allowed a 59-yard march for a chippie FG to make the lead 20-6. In the 2Q alone, Dick allowed 226 yards of offense to a lowly, putrid, sack o’ **** offense that passed for 60 (SIXTY) yards in the entire game last week.

Dick finally managed to stop Timmy and the Broncos on the 1st drive of the 3Q, Problem was, Dick allowed the Doncos to make a couple first downs, and the Doncos marched to the PIT 37 before punting and pinning the Stillers on their own 12. That’s called FLIPPING the field, and no one allows it to happen easier in big games, than Dick LeBeau.

On 2d & 7 late in the 3Q, Tebow had an ETERNITY in the pocket. He finally took off running up the gut, and had an ACRE of room for an easy 8-yard run. A couple plays later, Tebow ran the read-option keeper for 10 yards. The flat-footed defense looked about as prepared as the French army was for either World War.

In the 3Q, the Stillers scored a TD to make it a 7-point game. The KO was a TB and Denver took over at its 20. RIGHT HERE was a chance for this softee, over-rated defense to make a STOP, force a punt, and get the ball back for the offense. What did Dick do ? He allows the Doncos to casually MARCH, and MARCH, nearly the entire length of the field, in a long, clock-chewing 11-play, 87-yard drive that culminated in a chippie 35-yard FG to make it a 10-point game. That’s some dominating defense, isn’t it ?

After Ben tied the game, DEN took over at its own 15-yard line with 3:42 remaining in the game. RIGHT HERE, the defense could force a punt and give the offense golden FP for a game-winning FB. Nope, not LeBeau. Dick allows another bootleg left, which Tebow casually completed for 17 yards to Fells. Dick finally did force a punt, but precious time, and yardage, was pissed away.

On the first play of OT, Tebow had no pressure in his face, and then calmly hit a WIDE OPEN Thomas on a short post, With NOBODY back at safety, Thomas ran 80 yards for the game-winning TD. When the ball was snapped, there were 11 (ELEVEN) defenders within 4 yards of the LOS. Why ? It’s not like McGahee was tearing it up. He’d gained 61 yards on 19 rushes, about half of what Redman had gained with 2 less carries. LeBeau was a complete fuking ignoramus for sticking EVERY defender up at the LOS on a 1st down play from the opposing 20 yard line. A stupidfuk scheme by a complete stupidfuk.

By the way, lest anyone forget, the Broncos lost their LEADING RECEIVER, Eric Decker, to injury in the 2Q and he did not return. LeBeau faced a depleted Denver receiving corps, and still gave up yardage and points to a pitiful, scattershot QB the way the French army got over-run in both World Wars.

Timmmy Tebow, a total pile o’ dung as a QB, completed 10 of 21 passes for 316 yards. He averaged an unheard-of 15 yards per attempt and had a passer rating of 125.6. Timmy’s passer ratings in the two previous games were 37.9 and 20.6. Yet Dick LeBeau, supposedly The Supreme Almighty Lord and Deity of Defensive Football, allows this sorry pissfuk of a QB to achieve a 125.6, with zero turnover. And Dick allowed Timmmy a gaudy 31.6 yards per completion, which is the 3rd highest mark EVER in NFL history.

Overall, Dick got tooled and schooled. Pressure on the QB? NONE. Heat on the QB ? None. Clever disguises? NONE. Exotic coverage that fooled the young, greenhorned Tebow ? NONE. Forced INTs? NONE. Forced turnovers? Only one, that by a RB’s fumble.

Quiz Question -- How do you make Timmy Tebow look like a competent QB ?

Answer: Let him face Dick LeBeau and that vaunted “#1 defense” !!

Dick LeBeau -- totally befuddled, totally confused, and totally worthless. Sure enough, you’ll hear plenty of babble and fury, making pathetic excuses and rationalizing the performance of Dick’s schemes and his flaccid defense. The defense was woefully unprepared for the Denver read-option and the entirely left-handed nature of Tebow. Proper preparation prevents **** poor performance. A complete farcical fraud of a coordinator that was EXPOSED for the entire world to see and snicker. Senility is sad. Denying it is even sadder. Time for this senile fool to do himself, and his team, a favor by retiring. There has been one, and only one, nationally followed web site that has broken down how flaccid, how weak, how over-rated, and how much of a paper tiger LeBeau and his vaunted “#1 defense” is....and you’re reading it right now.

Of course, Mister Teflon, Dick Lebeau, was in total denial after the game and pulled a Todd Graham by throwing Ike Taylor under the bus. "I just talked to him corner to corner," LeBeau said when asked what he said to Taylor. “"I know how he's feeling," LeBeau said of Taylor. "But that's part of playing corner. Ike will be back. He's down right now, but he'll be back." Ike indeed will be back. Let’s hope Dick is not. F-
[/QUOTE]I am not going to read this entire post since it is obvious you are on a mission and I really dont care what you or some blogger thinks or knows. I saw Tebow burn the top rated passing defense in the NFL WITH their top players playing and Dick Lebeau has won more super bowls than any DC in the NFL. PERIOD. See you next week.

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:41 am

But I am pointing out an obvious huge difference between the PIT D and that of KC and BUF - irrespective of coaching.

My point is that it's not all about the coaching; the PLAYERS play a pretty significant role too.