Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

bald is beautiful

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Yup. This is not going to be an easy decision. i think it's an easy decision. owners coulda picked up players just last night. they knew a storm was coming.

it sucks for anyone impacted, but there's nothing else to do.
[/QUOTE]MARK - WE UNDERSTAND YOUR POSITION. YOU DON'T NEED TO KEEP STATING IT.

pizzatyme

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
It's almost like the NFL reporting that every player on the Ravens and Texans roster was "questionable/doubtful" when there was a 50% chance at a game cancellation.

I didn't have many players from those two teams...but I sure the hell would have hit the WW to back up Andre Johnson given the news the past 4 days.

~Lance Yes, since the WW is loaded with players who can step in and easily cover for Andre Johnson.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:05 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Superpion:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
my guess is that if the game doesn't take place this week, any texan or raven gets ZERO points. As much as I do not want to admit it, you might be right about this. I have Schaub, A. Johnson, Daniels, McGahee, Rice on my NFFC main event team. I can't even field 3 WR's playing in wcoff if this happens. [/QUOTE]...the SNAKEsquad would be left without a Kicker on BOTH Main teams as he has Kris Brown...UNACCEPTABLE & UNFAIR are two words that quickly come to mind here...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Damn Snake, I wouldn't mind being the lucky sonofabitch to play ONE of those Main teams this week.
[/QUOTE]YOU are playing SNAKE in BOTH leagues this week - BOTH MAINS - that's two easy W's for you as the SNAKEsquad has Andre, Ray Rice and WORST OF ALL FLIPPIN' KRIS BROWN ON BOTH MAIN SQUADS!...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Damn Snake, that is tough! Good luck man.

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Originally posted by renman:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in.Because as I explained earlier we have no way to contact the participants in our event today to let them know a second FAAB period would be run. That is the main concern about doing that.

Greg is having dinner with his family so after he's done we'll talk and make a decision. But unfortunately, I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players.
[/QUOTE]Tom,

I am no computer expert but I would think we could get a league message out to all leagues on their homepage saying "due to the fact the Houston/Baltimore game was cancelled AFTER our free agent process ended we will open up the free agency process again from whatever time to whatever time to allow teams to pick up some scraps (that other league members had no interest in) so they can fill a full roster"

I am just throwing out ideas. It seems reasonable to me. I have to believe every single NFFC member who has a Raven or Texan in their starting lineup (with no alternative) is paying attention to this and if they are not.. shame on them they should get zero.
[/QUOTE]James, I'll state again that running FAAB for a second time is a decision that isn't likely to be made. I'm talking with Greg right now but it's not one either one of us wants to do.

I think WCOFF has made a sound decision. I don't want to speak for Greg but ours may be very similar if not exactly the same as theirs.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Originally posted by kapefear:
RENMAN.1ST OF ALL YOU NEW THE PENALTY FOR DRAFTING STEVE SMITH..2 weeks suspended and a bye week in a race to 13,so please don't CRY to us about STEVE SMITH.I truely understand the EFFECTS about the game on MONDAY.The funny in the whole ?????? is what if it was DALLAS vs PHILLY? ROMO,MBIII.T.O.,WHITTEN,CRAYTON,F.JONES,DALLAS D.,FOLK... OH I FORGOT philly...MCNABB,WESTBROOKE,LJ SMITH,DESEAN JACKSON,PHILLY DEF,BASKETT??. ANY ways I rest my case. Kapefear,

I have no interest in things turning hostil here. I made the point about Steve Smith and losing A. Johnson on nearly every fantasy team to show why this issue is so irritating/frustating. I was putting things in context. No one is crying... We all have a lot at stake here and extreme efforts at fairness should always be made.

I do not see how anyone is "hurt" by allowing stuck owners here the chance to pick up $1 scraps. Those who do not pay attention to this issue enough or miss a league message on their league homepage clearly were not overly concerned about this in the 1st place.

Allowing this hurts no one that I can see.

[ September 13, 2008, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

JB

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by JB » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:08 pm

I think it's really too late to do anything about it. If you do a second faab, my guess is only half the people would know about it. And would it be just for kickers and defenses? What if you have S. Smith and Andre Johnson/K. Walter/D. Mason and you need a 3rd wr, are you allowed to pick up a wr and possibly have new information than we did yesterday as to who would make a good start? That wouldn't be fair either. What if you have Elam as your only kicker and want to replace him? I have Heap in one league and have a backup TE but what if i decide now I like somebody better that's a FA than my current backup, can i pick him up? Where do you draw the line?

pizzatyme

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:09 pm

Does this open up the possibility of have a first-come-first-served FA period after the FAAB period?

What is the downfall? Everyone would theoretically have the same opportunity to every player.

Then, we aren't even having this discussion.

ETA, I'm talking about 2009 forward.

[ September 13, 2008, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: UltimateFFCheatsheets ]

renman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Tom,

I respect that running another faab is unlikley to happen. However we can still debate the merits of it happening in a respectful manner here. I surely wont be pulling out of the NFFC over this. I just think in the day and age of computers where things can be fixed with the press of a button. It seems to me there must be a way to let people pick up kickers and defenses due to this happening after the faab process closed. if I am wrong and am missing something... I respect that. If it does not happen and I get stuck with multiple zeros for my team. I will have to deal with it.

pizzatyme

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:13 pm

Originally posted by renman:
Tom,

I respect that running another faab is unlikley to happen. However we can still debate the merits of it happening in a respectful manner here. I surely wont be pulling out of the NFFC over this. I just think in the day and age of computers where things can be fixed with the press of a button. It seems to me there must be a way to let people pick up kickers and defenses due to this happening after the faab process closed. if I am wrong and am missing something... I respect that. If it does not happen and I get stuck with multiple zeros for my team. I will have to deal with it. Renman, the silver lining is that maybe it makes your team that much stronger in week 10?!