Hurricane IKE

williamhare

Hurricane IKE

Post by williamhare » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:35 pm

The sky is falling!!! How did I know? Weather Channel, man. Take your zeroes now as GG warned.

If John Z. could have been more dismissive to Blackhand,KOQ, Snake,GG or especially me. I don't know how.
Thanks Billy for staying objective and coming over from the Dark Side.

HMan83

williamhare

Hurricane IKE

Post by williamhare » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:08 pm

Billy- SNAKE didn't mean you.
HMan83

BillyWaz

Hurricane IKE

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:15 pm

Originally posted by Hman83:
Billy- SNAKE didn't mean you.
HMan83 Gotcha, I deleted it.

Thanks!!!

ultimatefs

Hurricane IKE

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Originally posted by Hman83:
The sky is falling!!! How did I know? Weather Channel, man. Take your zeroes now as GG warned.

If John Z. could have been more dismissive to Blackhand,KOQ, Snake,GG or especially me. I don't know how.
Thanks Billy for staying objective and coming over from the Dark Side.

HMan83 You posted about wanting a decision made before the facts were all in. I posted that you can't do that.

Greg and Tom waited for all the facts, and then made a decision. Time to move on.

Is Q the only one that can post pics here???? :D

The contingencies were in the hands of the owners.

1) Plan accordingly and make necessary moves in case. Something any owner that thinks skill overrides luck would do.

2) Whine redundantly (this ain't you) when you don't cover your own ass and don't like the ruling.

That said, major kudos to all who have posted in the various threads that they might be taking it in the short, but understand why Greg/Tom have yet again made the right decision.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

ultimatefs

Hurricane IKE

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Originally posted by Jive Turkeys:
My starting TE (Daniels) and D (Ravens) are not playing this week either. So, what I did was plan ahead through the FAAB, and I now have a starting TE and D for this week. Would be cool if that decision to go for these starters helped me in the long run

Anyone else us FAAB for 2 or more players this week because they had a "hunch" the game would not be played? Good luck to all by the way. /
||
||
||
||

SKILL.

ultimatefs

Hurricane IKE

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
the goal is fairness...and we also try to make fantasy football as close to real football as possible.

what is more "fair?" Allowing teams stymied with no ability to field a full team the chance to pick up $1 players that no one else in the event had interest in. you did have that chance LAST NIGHT
[/QUOTE]...BULLSHITT here GiGi - don't even start with that nonesense here...SNAKE calls it nonsense because it is totally, completely, irrationally and illogically NONSENSICAL!...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]/
||
||
||
||
||

Luck determines winner

BLACKHAND

Hurricane IKE

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:22 pm

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by Hman83:
Gordon is right. NFFC should put out a warning that any Ravens or Texans should be inserted in to lineups "Solely at the risk of the Owner". It should be posted right away so Waiver activity remains an option, for those distressed owners, in setting a quality week #2 lineup.
Besides, doesn't STATS have a Wed. cutoff?
Banana peels everywhere on this one.
HMan83 Bad idea.

The game will be played before the start of Week 3. Whenever that is.

Way to early for all to be pushing the panic button.
[/QUOTE]guess i wont be climbing that highest mountain to ask you questions.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

ultimatefs

Hurricane IKE

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:24 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by Hman83:
Ya got it all figured, yet not an idea has been presented. Again, my idea was just to alert NFFC
players that they may want to cover themselves because.... ah f*eck it! your mind is off on finding illustrations to amuse. Head in the sand is actually a decent idea during a 'cane anyway---- can't blame you.
HMan83 I've been there, done this. Many times. The game will be played before Week 3 starts.
[/QUOTE]I hope you didn't bet the farm on this one, John!

WHOOPS! :D
[/QUOTE]Whoops is right...but the point is to wait to make the best decision.

ultimatefs

Hurricane IKE

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:

what is more "fair?" Allowing teams stymied with no ability to field a full team the chance to pick up $1 players that no one else in the event had interest in. How is it fair to others that actually used their brain and signed players on Friday? And might have spent more than $1?