Aug. 21st NFFC Satellite Auction League

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 am

Greg, I haven't heard any dissent from this plan ... can we get official word from you that this will be the structure:

- 26 rds, $208 budget
- all owners must complete 18 rds before anyone bids on a 19th player
- only $1 nominating bids are allowed once each team has acquired 18 players
- all 26 rds will be completed on auctioneer site

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:27 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...man oh man, is this getting complicated here...how do we simply KISS?...SNAKE Just keep that forked tongue away from me.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:14 am

Agreed.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:23 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Greg, I haven't heard any dissent from this plan ... can we get official word from you that this will be the structure:

- 26 rds, $208 budget
- all 26 rds will be completed on auctioneer site I'm down for this, let's set in stone.
@RedRyder

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:33 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

- 26 rds, $208 budget
- all 26 rds will be completed on auctioneer site Before you set this in stone ... because the draft is set for 26 players ... can an owner with 18 players pass from nominating a player when it's their turn. After everyone gets 18 players ... can all nominations be passed to set the nominator back to the first position. Does this draft site nominate in surpentine order (if not is it a problem?) Whoever started this league idea needs to get some questions answered soon. Who is in charge of (started) this league? I think GG had the right idea here.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 am

KISS

Everone here knows ... it only takes one person to miss calculate their max bid, bid on a 19th player, Nominate a player before everyone gets 18 or have a computer problem and everything is messed up. Will someone at the draft be able to fix these problems if they happen?

:(

[ August 18, 2006, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:19 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

- 26 rds, $208 budget
- all 26 rds will be completed on auctioneer site Before you set this in stone ... because the draft is set for 26 players ... can an owner with 18 players pass from nominating a player when it's their turn. After everyone gets 18 players ... can all nominations be passed to set the nominator back to the first position. Does this draft site nominate in surpentine order (if not is it a problem?) Whoever started this league idea needs to get some questions answered soon. Who is in charge of (started) this league? I think GG had the right idea here.
[/QUOTE]You raise all valid points UYT and this is why earlier in the thread I expressed that I thought the best way to handle this was an 18 round auction, immediately followed by a MB 8 round serpentine. The reason I thought an 18 round auction made more sense than an 26 round auction was that people wanted to use this as a prep to the Live Auctions being held in LV,Chi and NY on 9/1. Therefore an 18 round DC Auction would more closely parallel an 18 round H2H Auction, then would a 26 round DC Auction. But again, I am amenable to whatever approach is decided upon; as long as it will work.
But I believe the 2 choices should be:

1.)18 round Auction with a follow on 8 round MB serpentine.
2.) 26 round Auction.

I suspect that the Auction site may NOT be prepared for the variations we would like to incorporate (including some of those pointed out by UYT).

But whoever is in charge of this process needs to make that assessment and then lay out the structure for everyone. FAIRLY QUICKLY.