Classless act or good strategy??

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:56 am

Originally posted by Superpion:
Arguments have now been presented to my satisfaction and I have drawn the conclusion that the act of hogging all of the FA QBs was not a good strategy. Rather, it was an outstanding strategy. I don't think that it lacked class at all.

If an opponent did that to me, I would react by clapping my hands together and cursing his name, "You got me, you sonofa*****"

I would respond with anger and frustration, but it would be channeled towards myself for being in that position and towards my opponent for having the good sense to capitalize on my weakness. well said. btw, how you making out this year? were you the a.gates fan? i can't remember. vegas was a blur for me.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i never used these sites. do they process free agents via the blind bidding process? thanks. Actually, I just remembered that in Antsports, the dropped players were not available for pick up until the following week, not just put on "hold". So that what was changed because of the add/drop abuse.

Antsports has a blind bidding run Tuesday night and FCFS afterwards.
For Players. By Players.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:48 am

Here's another thought for everyone here...

What if the team that picked up all those QBs was NOT the team playing against the one that needed the QB?

Would that still be OK?

Ok, what if in addition to not playing each other, that team was 0-9 and last in points, and performed that move?

Would it STILL be OK?

P.S. Stop me when you see where I'm going with this.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:53 am

any team can make any legal move they want, except in the case of collusion or extreme malice.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:55 am

Originally posted by Nag':
Antsports has a blind bidding run Tuesday night and FCFS afterwards. any FA system that uses FCFS is flawed.

[ November 15, 2004, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:57 am

any team can make any legal move they want, except in the case of collusion or extreme malice. Give example of "extreme malice".

And one more little favor...please direct me to the section of the NFFC rules (or even other leagues) that addresses which moves are of "extreme malice" and would not be legal?

Thanks.
For Players. By Players.

David Wooderson

Post by David Wooderson » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:04 am

How the hell is this classless. Maybe stealing your password or ripping the power cord out of your wall on Sunday would be considered classless, but the guy saw a chance to win a game and took it. As TO says, if you dont want me to dance, then keep me out of the end zone.

The guy just made a great play. I dont know Nag, but he obviously is a hardcore player by his posts and serious about it, so to crack on him about not having made adjustments weeks earlier is probably unfair. Im sure that nobody saw it coming, and one wouldnt be expected to.

Still though, it was a great job by the other team and to call it a gutless move is unwarranted.

What is being lost in this thread is the real hidden value. If my calculations are correct, Cushard, Gordon Gekko, Vegas G, KJ Duke, and Jersey Paul are all in unananimous agreement on something for once. If thats not proof enough, I dont know what is!

[ November 15, 2004, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: David Wooderson ]

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:08 am

any FA system that uses FCFS is flawed. True...but are you suggesting that a flawed system is to blame for the misuse and abuse it allowed and not the people who did the abusing? If not, then what is the relevance of the FCFS being flawed to this discussion?
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:31 pm

Give example of "extreme malice".cases of "extreme malice" are investigated on a case-by-case basis. a quick example...an owner, let's call him Mr X, in your league doesn't like you for whatever reason. you guys almost came to blows at the draft, belittle each other on the MB, etc...

fast forward to week 13. you (9-3) are one game back from the league leader (10-2). Mr X is 4-8, and is playing against the league leader week 13. Mr X decides to pick up all hurt players and start them against the league leader...meaning you can't win the league.

And one more little favor...please direct me to the section of the NFFC rules (or even other leagues) that addresses which moves are of "extreme malice" and would not be legal?
i don't make the rules. i was giving you my opinion. as i said, it's a case-by-case basis.

[ November 15, 2004, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:39 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
any FA system that uses FCFS is flawed. True...but are you suggesting that a flawed system is to blame for the misuse and abuse it allowed and not the people who did the abusing? If not, then what is the relevance of the FCFS being flawed to this discussion? [/QUOTE]FCFS is BS. i could continually pick up and drop as many players as i wanted. that system doesn't work.

blind bidding transactions are all done at the same time and no one is assured of getting any one player.

these are all basics that you should have a handle on.