New Plans Now For NFL Viewing Party At The Bellagio

Greg Ambrosius

New Plans Now For NFL Viewing Party At The Bellagio

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 am

Okay, we've had a lot of ideas and thoughts about the NFL Viewing Party on Wednesday Night in Las Vegas and some things have fallen through. But the whole idea was to have a place where a lot of us old grizzled NFFC veterans can meet to watch the game, host some drafts, lose some money gambling on the game, and then get together for poker afterwards. We can still do all of that.

KJ's Contract League was a GREAT IDEA and it will fly in the future with more preparation. We'll get that set up well in advance next year, schedule it before any of the other live drafts in Las Vegas and make that a part of our NFL Viewing Party Schedule of Events in the future. I like it and I think it will work going forward.

As Michael Cole said, there's still time to have that fly this year, but with Perry dropping out that leaves us with 10 teams and maybe too little time to fill it. So let's throw out some other ideas and see what flies. There are other big parties that night that some of our die-hards are attending and rightfully so since fees are already going towards this, so our pool of potential players has been reduced. No problem with that at all and I'm positive that everyone will have fun that weekend in Las Vegas, but let's plan for a cozy night and maybe a cozy draft or two.

Here's where we can start:

Venue: I have a ballroom reserved with a projector screen, buffet and open bar, but the TV alone is so outrageously priced that I could throw the entire party for less than that in a big suite. I have a suite on reserve where we can do everything we want with 20-30 attendees. It will be the size of the Fischer Party without Reggie Bush in attendance!!! :mrgreen: Although I'm pretty sure Gekko still has the business card of that person if we want another appearance by Reggie!! :lol:

Time: Let's plan on doing a draft at 3 pm and maybe continuing it through the early part of the game or halftime or whatever happens and finishing it by the end of the game or shortly after that. The concept that Nelson had with a 30-round 12-Team Draft Champions League where you bid for your first 3 players makes the most sense. $1,000 entry and a nice payout. Maybe we go with an $8,000 first place prize to spice things up. Your call here.

Poker: If someone can bring the chips and cards, we'll get an executive board table in this suite to host poker. It's a bit pricey, but that's what the cover fee will take care of.

Food & Beverage: Dennis and I know where to go to buy this a lot cheaper than it would cost downstairs. We'll look up our suitcases that morning and be ready to rock 'n roll from 3 'til 1 am. Sound good?

Cost: Going this way we can do everything for less than what I had planned downstairs and have even more of an effect. Renting the room and everything else could be $75 or so per person.

Draft: Yes, draft as discussed above and more after the game if necessary.

Attendees: If any of this appeals to you, please let me know via email at [email protected] or post here. Also let me know if you have interest again in the Draft Champions 12-Team League at $1,000 per person and we'll try to fill this league up.

Am I missing anything? Let's do it!!!!! :D

Again, our goal going forward is to have a big NCAA Viewing Party in Las Vegas this March and a bigger NFL Viewing Party next year in Las Vegas. We're in the Live Events business and we need to broaden the events side with our customers. Consider that a given going forward. Others have done a better job of that than us, which is disappointing because nobody likes to throw a party more than me!! :mrgreen: But this year's event was always going to be about getting the old gang together again for a nice party, drafts and poker and that's what it's going to be now. We don't have too much room, so no more than 25 or 30 can fit in this suite to remain comfortable. So let's take the first 25 signups, get this suite reserved and get it done.

Who's with me on this?? :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Re: New Plans Now For NFL Viewing Party At The Bellagio

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am

I haven't determined the prizes for this league, but I was thinking something in the range of $11,000 in payouts. With such a close knit group, why not just pay the Top 2 and make those prizes big enough to solicit interest. Something like $8,000 for 1st and $3,000 for 2nd. Nobody here is playing for 3rd place anyway, are they? ;)

Just a thought. You guys decide, but it can be done as long as we all cover the host of the party fees.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:57 am

So no more registering for this on signups page?

Very confused by everything, but not planning on drafting that day/night, so I will just go with whatever.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:17 am

No drafting for me that night, but I'm in. Hopefully someone can get ahold of cards and chips for the night!
Pat Sorge

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:47 am

BillyWaz wrote:So no more registering for this on signups page?

Very confused by everything, but not planning on drafting that day/night, so I will just go with whatever.
Great. Yeah, if you're not planning on drafting and all you want to do is eat, drink and watch the game then it's GAME ON just like before!!! :mrgreen: I'll add you and Pat to the list:

NFL Viewing Party
Bellagio Executive Suite, 3 pm Wednesday, Sept. 5th
Drinks, Food, NFL Game, Poker & Drafts Included
1. Greg Ambrosius
2. Dennis Miller (not the comedian!!)
3. Glenn Schroter
4. Billy Wasosky
5. Mark Srebro
6. Pat Sorge
7. George Melbrod
8. KJ Duke
9. Ken Magner
10. Travis Carr
11. Paul Clein
12. Frank Mammola

I will change this on the signup list once we know what's going on. And blame KJ for the confusion!! He didn't come through like he normally does!! ;) But we still have the same group and will find some way to draft, gamble and lose a lot of money!!! :mrgreen:

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:02 am

Greg, I think a gridiron-type league would be more fun for this group:

I've spoken with a few guys, and they're interested in this over a standard league ...

- draft champions format, $500 entry fee to regular prize pool, $500 entry fee to side pool
- Bidding real money for draft slots during first two rounds.
- top 3 season winners paid according to standard $500 satellite (2600/1000/500 if 12 teams, or 3100/1000/500 if 14 teams)
- side pool ($6,000) plus all draft slot bidding money gets paid out 100% over 16 weeks to weekly winners (I'd handle the side pool and mail winner checks each week).

Start at 3pm, pause during game and resume at halftime, finish up after game if we're not done yet and then play poker.

Interest so far in this option:
1. KJ Duke
2. Shawn Childs
3. Scott Stauffer
4. Derek Pierson
5. Rob Silver
6. Michael Cole
7. Glenn Schroter (holding spot 'til confirms)
8. John Rozak (holding)
9. Pat Sorge (holding)
10. Glenn Lowy (needs to finalize schedule)
---
13. (if we go to 14 teams)
14. (if we go to 14 teams)
---
Last edited by kjduke on Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:59 pm

all in greg. not going to draft that night but will be down to chill. looking forward to vegas.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Count me in, Greg. Food, drink, game watching, game betting, poker, drink...oh, I already said that.

Not going to draft, but looking forward to seeing everyone!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:39 pm

i'll be at the party, but no draft for me.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Shrink Attack wrote:Count me in, Greg. Food, drink, game watching, game betting, poker, drink...oh, I already said that.

Not going to draft, but looking forward to seeing everyone!
Wow, I better get a bigger suite!!! Time to call the Bellagio for this one!! We're still in need of poker chips. KJ, are you in charge of those?? Perry?? Let me know.

Let's see if this guest list looks right so far and correct me if I'm wrong or missing anyone:

NFL Viewing Party
Bellagio Executive Suite, 3 pm Wednesday, Sept. 5th
Drinks, Food, NFL Game, Poker & Drafts Included
1. Greg Ambrosius
2. Dennis Miller (not the comedian!!)
3. Glenn Schroter
4. Billy Wasosky
5. Mark Srebro
6. Pat Sorge
7. George Melbrod
8. KJ Duke
9. Ken Magner
10. Travis Carr
11. Paul Clein
12. Frank Mammola
13. Shawn Childs
14. Scott Stauffer
15 Derek Pierson
16. Rob Silver
17. Michael Cole
18. John Rozek (holding)
19. Pat Sorge (holding)
20. Glenn Lowy (needs to finalize schedule)

We're going to need a bigger boat!!! Maybe the ballroom will be needed. Please add your name to the list if you're planning on attending because we want to do this right. Thanks all.