The NFL needs to do something about these refs!

Ry's Guys

The NFL needs to do something about these refs!

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow, don't have a rooting interest in this game (except for fantasy) and it is just like yesterday. TERRIBLE!!! Someone is going to get really hurt out there! If they don't have the real refs back by next week I am sure there will be a couple of brawls in the games. I was at the Bears-Indy opener and there were punches thrown in that game. No penalties and of course no suspensions (because the NFL doesn't want to point out the new refs mistakes). I watched several games this week where guys were taking swings at each other. The Rams/redskins game was out of control yesterday and this game tonight is heading in that same direction.

Are you ready for some football? Give yourself 4 hours to watch the new NFL product. And don't bet on it unless you want to feel ripped off!
I've never seen refs so bad at spotting the ball. They can't keep up with the speed of the game. I think each team should get 15 challenges too!
Pat Sorge

SS

Re: The NFL needs to do something about these refs!

Post by SS » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 pm

If it's so dangerous out there with these refs then why doesn't the NFL suspend the season until they come to an agreement?
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:01 am

Because the players are still playing, we're still watching and advertisers are still paying the NFL. The only thing different is the NFL's profits are up because their expenses are down due to paying these idiots less. Why would the NFL make the next move? Either players strike for their own safety and the game's integrity or we stop watching and attending. I don't see any other way out short of some serious injuries (hope not) or blatant game-effecting wrong calls.

SS

Post by SS » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't subscribe to the replacement refs are ruining the NFL theory. First of all, these are college level officials who know what they are doing. Yes the game is a bit faster in the NFL but this is what the NFL wanted.

Just read a story today that stated that one of the replacement refs told McCoy during the game that he needs him for his fantasy team. If this is true and other things are going on like this, the NFL players need to strike or the NFL has to start postponing games, simple as that. Or you can continue the NFL season and have players still continue to do stupid things off the field, Ala Michael Turner.
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:02 pm

they are not major conference refs. something has to happen. these guys are real bad. some of these refs were doing lingerie football games. rumor has it that one ref still carries a picture of his favorite team.

backfield in motion
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 am

If it's true that the two sides are apart by $250,000 as has been reported then the NFL should be EMBARRASSED. This is a $9 billion league hurting the product while the owners let their egos get in the way. There is no way this is a better product with the replacement refs. There is no way this is a safer product with the replacement refs. There is no way this is a more enjoyable product to watch with the replacement refs.

Roger Goodell has proven to be a dictator in his role and if you don't go along with his terms he plays hardball. Well, pretty soon the fans are going to be upset with all of this greedy posturing. It's time to get this dispute with the Referees Association settled before someone gets seriously hurt and teams lose games they should have won.

And for any of you folks betting on NFL games right now, GOOD LUCK!! Calls are definitely determining winning bets these days.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 am

I'm not going to rip on the replacements for missing TD or PI calls or things like that. Those are calls the regular refs blow on a weekly basis too. But when they don't know where to spot the ball or don't know the rules or have to take roughly 8 hours to figure things out while a fight breaks out those are the things that really damaging the game. I didn't see many issues in Week 1 but there were numerous problems throughout Week 2. Something needs to be done. Unfortunately, I don't see the league budging anytime soon.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Told ya! There should be an F.B.I. Investigation into the end of that game. Classic moment when the refs converge on Tate and Jennings and one signals touchdown and the other signals touchback.
Bears season ticket holder and I am sick to my stomach on that play!
Pat Sorge

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I'm not going to rip on the replacements for missing TD or PI calls or things like that. Those are calls the regular refs blow on a weekly basis too. But when they don't know where to spot the ball or don't know the rules or have to take roughly 8 hours to figure things out while a fight breaks out those are the things that really damaging the game. I didn't see many issues in Week 1 but there were numerous problems throughout Week 2. Something needs to be done. Unfortunately, I don't see the league budging anytime soon.

Tom, are you ready to RIP them Now????

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Jim Christie wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:I'm not going to rip on the replacements for missing TD or PI calls or things like that. Those are calls the regular refs blow on a weekly basis too. But when they don't know where to spot the ball or don't know the rules or have to take roughly 8 hours to figure things out while a fight breaks out those are the things that really damaging the game. I didn't see many issues in Week 1 but there were numerous problems throughout Week 2. Something needs to be done. Unfortunately, I don't see the league budging anytime soon.

Tom, are you ready to RIP them Now????
As I put on the other thread.....we will have new refs by week 5.

As for these refs, you know they had to feel a little bit "threatened" if they would of reversed that. Seriously, there were rumors of the immaculate reception that the refs didn't reverse the call because they feared for their lives. I feel bad if this crew is on the field again, but I doubt they will be.

Won't be surprised if there are death threats (hope not), by all those deranged fanatics in Wisconsin!!

Just think how you would feel if you bet big on the Packers tonight??? :o Bookies shouldn't even collect for this one.