KDS

Cocktails and Dreams

KDS

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 am

Is it going to be pushed much closer to drafts this year? Like 24 hours? With all the late changing player movement this day and age it doesn't work well to have KDS deadline so far ahead of time. Needs to be determined if people want draft spot earlier, or they want KDS. The two don't blend well together. Want to get schedule together and this is a pretty important factor for me on how much to play here with limited time. Really hate the idea of drafting after Thursday game and having to have KDS set before the game. KDS is awesome if it can be used properly. Can be horrible if we are hamstrung by it.

CALI CARTEL

Re: KDS

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:25 am

I agree with this, with a week or so inbetween the KDS announcements and drafts, there can be a lot that changes to influence where we want to select -- right now I'm liking a certain spot in the drafts, but every day news is building that'll potentially change where that sweet spot is in my opinion (and yes, I know you CAN win from everywhere, but that doesn't mean I'm not more comfortable picking in a certain area).

For the live events, the KDS deadline should be the Tuesday/Wednesday before the drafts, this will allow the previous weeks preseason games to play out and for Monday/Tuesday injury reports to be released.

For online events, you can probably announce the spots the day before the drafts and it's not going to cause any of us problems getting ready -- in fact others like Chad and I would probably prefer the KDS to be as late as possible.

Coyote Streakers

Post by Coyote Streakers » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Agreed KDS needs to be set as late as possible.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:Is it going to be pushed much closer to drafts this year? Like 24 hours? With all the late changing player movement this day and age it doesn't work well to have KDS deadline so far ahead of time. Needs to be determined if people want draft spot earlier, or they want KDS. The two don't blend well together. Want to get schedule together and this is a pretty important factor for me on how much to play here with limited time. Really hate the idea of drafting after Thursday game and having to have KDS set before the game. KDS is awesome if it can be used properly. Can be horrible if we are hamstrung by it.
Chad, I didn't want to post until we got more feedback from our users, but I also didn't want you to think that I was ignoring this post. Getting KDS right is important to us and we definitely want to give folks the best chance to set KDS while still knowing that many folks like to prepare for their draft spots. So let's discuss.

No matter when we finalize KDS, something can always come up between the deadline and draft day, unless we pick the draft spots right at the live draft. For the Diamond League, we can discuss picking draft spots after the Thursday Night Game so that everyone has the same information. Maybe the Ultimate and Supers get closer to Draft Day this year as well.

For the Primetime and Classic, sure, we can get closer to Draft Day, but how close do we get is the big question. In the past, we tried to announce draft slots the Saturday before the Labor Day weekend drafts. If it helps to wait until Monday to do that this year so that all Week 3 pre-season games are in the books I have no problem with that. Then if we need to wait until Monday after the final pre-season games are done to announce Second Weekend Classic and Primetime draft slots we could consider that as well.

I'm willing to listen to feedback about even going later than that for Second Weekend Classic and Primetime leagues, but at some point folks want to know their draft spots and prepare accordingly. The Thursday Night Game is there for everyone to deal with, but I understand the desire to want to set KDS as late as possible.

So keep the feedback coming and we'll finalize accordingly. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

greenwichsttavern

Post by greenwichsttavern » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:46 pm

I'll always be in favor of getting our draft spot a week before the draft date. The KDS setup for drafts after the first thursday game i can understand wanting to setup after the game incase you want to position yourself for a player that had a big game, but for drafts before that I would want my spot a week before like we have been doing for years and its worked just fine. Lot of money on the line, why can't people have a week to prepare and figure out a strategy from their draft position ??

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

The sooner I know my draft spot the better. I don't see where that much could change in a week and I would move that much. It would take 3 or 4 significant unseen before injuries for me to change my KDS. I vote for the current system.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Still a strong proponent of choosing draft slots at the table. Each draft is different so after about 10-15 picks you have to change your whole strategy anyway depending on what was picked in front of you. You never know who is going to fall to you and the first round hasn't ever won anyone a league that I've been in. Draft slots at the table is my vote and ALWAYS will be!
Pat Sorge

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Ry's Guys wrote:Still a strong proponent of choosing draft slots at the table. Each draft is different so after about 10-15 picks you have to change your whole strategy anyway depending on what was picked in front of you. You never know who is going to fall to you and the first round hasn't ever won anyone a league that I've been in. Draft slots at the table is my vote and ALWAYS will be!
+1
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:30 pm

BONGIZMO wrote:
Ry's Guys wrote:Still a strong proponent of choosing draft slots at the table. Each draft is different so after about 10-15 picks you have to change your whole strategy anyway depending on what was picked in front of you. You never know who is going to fall to you and the first round hasn't ever won anyone a league that I've been in. Draft slots at the table is my vote and ALWAYS will be!
+1
+2? (I totally would love this as well!)

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:14 pm

sounds good to me
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN