NFFC New York Live Events: Now At The WESTIN HOTEL

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC New York Live Events: Now At The WESTIN HOTEL

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:10 pm

I know this is an unbelievable turn of events -- and trust me, I didn't believe it when I got the phone call, too -- but we really are changing the venue for the NFFC New York Live Events. This is the truth, it is not Fake News!!!

Here's the email I just sent to everyone:

Thank you for signing up and competing in our New York NFFC Live Events as we are really looking forward to seeing everyone for our 21st year in New York City!!

We will have 4 New York Live Events on Friday, August 30th and 4 Live Events on Saturday, August 31st. And that doesn't even count the Thursday Night Party at Chris Vaccaro's bar or the Friday Night Party after the NFFC Super League!!!

All is good, except for one thing:

We just had a change of venue for the Live Events. I kid you not. This is not Fake News, this is REAL.

On Wednesday, a rep from Dave & Buster's called me and said they are remodeling the upstairs private rooms and dining area and are starting next week. The entire upstairs will be closed starting next week and will be done in February.

She told me this Wednesday, 2 weeks before our event. We have a contract and have already paid them, so this wasn't good news and she knew it. We had to move quickly and after getting refunded by D&Bs, we quickly snagged a ballroom at the Westin on 43rd and 7th, one block away.

So believe it or not, we are now hosting New York NFFC Live Events on August 30th-31st at the Westin New York, 270 W 43rd Street. We have one ballroom on the 9th floor. And yes, this is the truth!!!

I know it's crazy and Tom will contact everyone individually if needed, but this will actually work out well for us. This ballroom will be quieter and more to our own. We'll still get drinks and food there and we've made a nice contact at the Westin. It's also just one block away, so everyone who has hotel rooms in that area will be fine. But we also just have one room now and will have to refresh the rooms quickly after drafts/meals; we'll do it.

Sorry for the change of plans, but in 20+ years of hosting dozens of events I've never had this happen to us. NEVER has someone called me 15 days before our event and told me that the space I reserved is no longer available. Sorry, sorry, everyone, but we'll make it work.

I promise, we'll make it work and Tom already has the food and beverages picked out and we'll have a screen and projector soon!!! We'll make this work.

Email me or Tom if you have any questions or comments and we'll answer you quickly. Thanks all and best of luck in New York City in 2 short weeks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius