Live Chat With Greg A. On Wednesday, 11 a.m. EST

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 12, 2008 8:12 am

Now that our first issue of Fantasy Sports Magazine is almost to the printers, I thought I'd start our weekly Live Chats with one on Wednesday morning. Tom is on deadline with a few of our custom pubs – FootballGuys.com, FantasyGuru.com and RotoWire.com – so I'll bat leadoff this week. Feel free to post your questions ahead of time or join me on Wednesday morning for a friendly chat about the industry, all of the new high-stakes events (no fewer than FOUR and maybe FIVE from my count), the latest rankings and even auction dollar values.

I'm ready for any and all questions. Heck, I've already had two drafts, an auction and I have another industry draft tonight. They pile up after awhile, but trust me they are the best way to tweak your rankings this early in the season. It's great to see others' opinions about players as you prepare your magazine rankings for all to see.

Okay, I'll see ya on Wednesday morning. Join me with a drink and a donut!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon May 12, 2008 8:31 am

Greg,

*Do you see a veteran being brought in to GreenBay in case Rodgers doesn't pan out?

*Do you think this year, Greg Jennings surpasses Driver as the go-to guy in GreenBay? He was last year, (at least in the end zone) But is he the real deal?

*Will Alex Smith ever step it up? Is he the next Drew Brees, that took a little while for him to grow into the league? Or is he the next Browning Nagle, where he is a boy in a man's league?

*If you were to take a guess, where would you see S.Alexander going? AND, do you think teams will lay off of him until the season starts, or before that?

That should be good enough to get things going for Wednesday morning. See you then.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon May 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg,

*Do you see a veteran being brought in to GreenBay in case Rodgers doesn't pan out?

*Do you think this year, Greg Jennings surpasses Driver as the go-to guy in GreenBay? He was last year, (at least in the end zone) But is he the real deal?

*Will Alex Smith ever step it up? Is he the next Drew Brees, that took a little while for him to grow into the league? Or is he the next Browning Nagle, where he is a boy in a man's league?

*If you were to take a guess, where would you see S.Alexander going? AND, do you think teams will lay off of him until the season starts, or before that?

That should be good enough to get things going for Wednesday morning. See you then.

Marc 1. Green Bay will stick with what they got. Rodgers and Brohm. If all else fails Favre will be back. I think Rodgers will do alright.

2. Jennings is the #1 wr in Green Bay. He is the real deal. The guy is Great at Run after the catch. He can beat you short or Long doesn't matter.

3. Alex Smith is Garbage, Stay away from Smith!!! Hell No is Alex Smith anyway near a Drew Brees Talent wise. Shaun Hill will get the Job at some point.

4. Shaun Alexander will end up in New England.He will make a bunch of trips and realize that he will take what the Pats will give him, And go for the Ring. My other Guess would be the Bears. I think he will Sign during Camp.

Sorry to steal Greg's Question but It's boring around these Boards. Nobody is posting?????

Lets get another draft going before the Jules Dc Guys..... Lets go!!!!! :D

[ May 12, 2008, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: RI WORKHORSE ]
I.W
Johnny Frisella

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon May 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diesel:
[qb] 4. Shaun Alexander will end up in New England.He will make a bunch of trips and realize that he will take what the Pats will give him, And go for the Ring. My other Guess would be the Bears. I think he will Sign during Camp.

There's no way the Bears sign Alexander. They already have a no speed, plodding, RB in Benson.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Mon May 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Alexander will end up in the broadcast booth or at the beach...stick a fork in him...he's done.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 3:41 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg,

Marc Thanks for the questions Marc. Let's get right to the point:

Teddy Thompson is too worried about Rodgers' fragile personality to bring in a proven veteran QB to back him up, so no I don't think that is going to happen unless they can tell in these mini-camps that Brian Brohm is nowhere near ready to be the No. 2. I think Teddy believes he's found two good enough QBs and now it's on the coaches to get them ready to perform. They obviously will have to bring in one other veteran to compete in camp, but I don't think it will be anyone who has any chance to pressure Rodgers for playing time.

No, Driver will still be the possession receiver, the guy who moves the chains. In fact, I could see Rodgers leaning on him even more. Jennings is the deep threat, the guy who goes down the sidelines on most routes and clears things out. I just don't think Rodgers has the same arm strength as Favre to utilize him as much. I'd be surprised if he surpassed last year's numbers, but Driver will still get his 80 touches. I think you'll see a lot of short routes with Driver, James Jones and Jordy Nelson catching safe passes from Rodgers with the idea of just moving the chains.

I must admit that I'm surprised that Alex Smith hasn't progressed as well as he should have. He has good size, he's smart and he played in a pro offense in college. He also has a stud RB in the backfield, although admittedly his wideouts haven't been much to choose from. Still, Smith looks bad in the pocket and his decision making has been terrible. If he doesn't progress this year under Martz, then he's what he is now. I grabbed him as a backup in one league with the hope that Martz will push his progression along this year. So I'll say there's some hope here, but the window of opportunity is closing fast.

I agree that Alexander could be in a TV booth this year. He sure looked like there was nothing left last year. That being said, with so many teams going with two backs he could be a good fit in New Orleans if Deuce's recovery isn't going well. Could he help Detroit? Probably. Cincy? I don't see it. I'll say he finds a home before training camp, but doesn't do much at all in 2008.

Thanks for the questions.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 3:44 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg,

Marc 1. Green Bay will stick with what they got. Rodgers and Brohm. If all else fails Favre will be back. I think Rodgers will do alright.
[/QUOTE]There's no way Favre comes back this year or ever again. First of all, it's obvious that Teddy and the Packers' organization is ready to move on. They didn't coax him back and they chose to retire his jersey on the first night of the season, all but ending any thought of bringing him back. Trust me, Teddy and McCarthy are ready to start a new era and they are tying their wagons to Rodgers and Brohm. Favre is done in Green Bay and there's no way he plays with another organization. He had 17 wonderful years and everything must come to an end.

And that's coming from someone who didn't think Favre would retire this year and didn't want him to. But it's time to move on and the entire state feels that way. Nobody wants to see him come back now. He had the tearful press conference, we know he can still play, but it's time to move on. It was an INCREDIBLE run that we'll never see again up here, but it's time to move on.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 3:56 am

As luck would have it, I have an 11:00 teleconference with our NBC Sports partners. Just post any questions you may have about recent drafts or the events and I'll get to them shortly. Thanks.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Wed May 14, 2008 4:17 am

When will our picture be up on the home page?? hahaha.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 4:38 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
When will our picture be up on the home page?? hahaha. Soon, for sure. Now that we have that quality image for the magazine cover, we can definitely put it on the site. I'll send it to STATS today and put you in the photo rotation, replacing Mr. Rob Benetti. Thanks for the photo.

By the way, that photo is on the cover and we used the one of you guys by the car for the inside story. You'll love it. Congrats again. Hey, are you guys going to Las Vegas for the NFFC or defending your title in the Windy City??