NFFC Progress Report

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:34 am

Tom and I apologize from the bottom of our Sin City hearts for being out of touch most of last week, but duty called us to Las Vegas for the Fantasy Sports Trade Conference. We worked hard during the day and talked business at the Voodoo Lounge at night and came back with great ideas for the future!! :D It was hard work, but someone had to do it. :D

Now that we're back in the office, we'd like to update everyone on the status of our NFFC leagues. Interest has been great so far, but it's time to sell this baby out. We're getting there. Here's the progress report.

1. Our absolute signup deadline is midnight on Sunday, Aug. 26th. However, if we sell out all 364 spots before then, we could stop taking applications. Thus, it's first-come, first-serve on all of the leagues, so don't wait until the final minute to secure your entry. If you snooze, you lose.

2. We will announce the draft picks for the main event after we sell out or on Monday, Aug. 27th at the very latest. We'll announce the KDS deadline as we get closer to the deadline, but right now I'd say to have your preferences set by Aug. 20th and we'll go from there. For some of the Friday events that are sold out, we will pick draft orders in the next few weeks.

3. We are hitting the credit cards this week, starting today. It will take a few days to run all of these through, so don't panic if you don't see a charge right away. We'll get it done. If we still need a valid credit card from you, expect an e-mail and/or call from Tom this week.

4. We currently have over 270 paid signups for the main event, which means we have just over 90 available spots left. I have several signups on my desk that just need a credit card to make them official, so in reality we have less than 90 spots left. We had 322 teams last year, so there's no question this will be a record year for us.

5. The main event looks like this right now:
Las Vegas -- 101 teams, working on the 8th league there
New York -- 81 teams (we had 126 last year and will get late signups)
Chicago -- 60 teams, working on our 5th league
Tampa -- 29 teams, three more signups coming on Wednesday, should get three leagues there

6. There is good response for the auction leagues as we're working on three leagues in Las Vegas, two in New York and one in Chicago and Tampa. We will get two full Draft Champions Leagues in Las Vegas, we have one already in New York and we'll get a full one in Chicago, too.

7. We already have one full Ultimate League and we have five signups for a second Ultimate League. I'd even run a 12-team Ultimate League if we could fill that second one that way, so stay in touch if you have interest in that. I don't need money for this one right now, just commitments.

8. Our Satellite Leagues are picking up more interest each day as we get a dozen or so signups each day for the 30+ leagues being offered. We're also going to add another $500 league on Thursday, Aug. 23rd and we may add a few satellite leagues during the week of Sept. 4-6. Stay tuned for that. But check out the signup thread if you want to know how many owners are in each league and get in a league that will fill soon.

Remember that all NFFC draft leagues -- live events and satellites -- are using 3RR/KDS. That means that you set your draft preferences after you sign up and then the draft reverses in the third round. We go 1-14 in Round 1, 14-1 in Round 2 and back to 14-1 in Round 3. From there it continues in serpentine fashion (1-14, 14-1). This format is working fine for the satellite leagues and should work great for the live events as well.

All of the magazines have been mailed to those who requested them. If you want the six magazines we offered right now, just e-mail me at [email protected] and we'll get them out to you as long as you're willing to pay the $10 shipping charge. Enjoy.

Okay, that's the update and I'll likely e-mail this to all past competitors too. Tom and I will be very active on the message boards these next three weeks and were grounded here until the Aug. 24-25 ESPN Fantasy Football Championship in Chicago. See ya there.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:35 am

Just an update today: We filled our 20th main event league this morning and now are working on our 21st league. 280 teams was our total in 2005, so it's a good barrier to pass with training camps just getting into full swing. We still have 82 spots left for the main event among the four cities, so let's keep it going. Get 'em while they're still available.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:50 am

Less than 80 spots left in the NFFC's main event and just one spot left in the Chicago $650 Draft Champions League. Keep watching the signup list on the top of General Discussion for all of the latest signups for each individual league in each city as many of these are starting to fill up. Thanks everyone.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:48 am

Good news for Tampa as my man Edward Killmer has been recruiting down there and we added three more signups there from his Tampa leaguemates and one more as John Piontek joined the competition. So we're sitting at 35 teams there now and working hard to fill up a third league in Tampa. Keep recruiting Ed and let's fill this thing up in each city!!!

Oh, we're also running 60-second ads on ESPN Radio in Tampa and Tom will be a guest on an upcoming show there. The radio station will also sponsor a spot in the Tampa event to one lucky listener, so we're guaranteed of another entry that way. Listen and get ready for the drawing in the next two weeks.

Okay, let's keep it going in Tampa!!!

3INTBOY

NFFC Progress Report

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Good news for Tampa as my man Edward Killmer has been recruiting down there and we added three more signups there from his Tampa leaguemates and one more as John Piontek joined the competition. So we're sitting at 35 teams there now and working hard to fill up a third league in Tampa. Keep recruiting Ed and let's fill this thing up in each city!!!

Oh, we're also running 60-second ads on ESPN Radio in Tampa and Tom will be a guest on an upcoming show there. The radio station will also sponsor a spot in the Tampa event to one lucky listener, so we're guaranteed of another entry that way. Listen and get ready for the drawing in the next two weeks.

Okay, let's keep it going in Tampa!!! John Piontek is a damn fine player. 2004 Fantasy Jungle winner if I recall right.

3'

BillyWaz

NFFC Progress Report

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:31 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Okay, let's keep it going in Tampa!!! John Piontek is a damn fine player. 2004 Fantasy Jungle winner if I recall right.

3'
[/QUOTE]Yes he was '3'.

williamhare

NFFC Progress Report

Post by williamhare » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:07 am

John is a fine player (if only he can avoid
Lamont Jordan at pick #13). I had pick #12.
See you in Tampa this year. Maybe we can be 3
and 4 this time.
HMan83

weber7777

NFFC Progress Report

Post by weber7777 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:52 pm

Greg do we get reciepts and usernames and passwords once you hit our cards.. i've received no confirmation. mike weber
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

pizzatyme

NFFC Progress Report

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:28 pm

That would be nice for tax purposes. :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:16 am

Originally posted by weber:
Greg do we get reciepts and usernames and passwords once you hit our cards.. i've received no confirmation. mike weber Mike, I just sent you a PM. My apologies as I thought I set up your football team ages ago. I'll put it under the same account you have for baseball and we'll get you a receipt once we hit the cc. Thanks and sorry about the delay. My bad.