PAID FANTASY FOOTBALL INFORMATIONAL SITES? WORTH IT?

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:04 pm

- do you think the information onthese paid sites is really worth it?

i've tried many sites over the years.. quite honestly iprobably subscribed because i was bored waiting for the season to start.. but when i really looked the info on these sites is really the same info available on NFL.com or ESPN or even our very own NFFC or WCOFF sites..

- really i would rather my competitors use the sites only because if everyone gets brain washed using the same info makes it better for those who don't... i've fallen into that trap few times.. the info i enjoy looking over is mock drafting, but going to mockdraftcentral and drafting each night is great.. thats worth a few bucks .. and i think drafting is free..

i don't know.. i'd rather save my few dollars and join another satellite draft...
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:25 pm

weber,

I love thefantasyguru site by John Hansen. It is much better than any other site that I have visited - no offense intened to those here that have fantasy sites. He is accurate more often than not, his site is easy to read, and there is more information than you can possibly digest.

Most sites are so basic that they are of little value. I subscribe to the huddle and I like the daily email I get at noon every day but other than injury information it has little value. I remember sometime around week 10 I get an email saying that Adrian Peterson should be considered a high end number 2 RB this year. At that point in time he was number one in fantasy points YTD at running back. They make many ridiculous comments like that.

When you are playing for big $$$ I don't see how it can hurt to get several opinions. There are a lot of people who know a whole lot more than I do so it makes sense to me to use their information in addition to my own calls.

Wayne

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:37 pm

i've never tried fantasyguru, maybe i'll give them a try next year.. you sure they are good?

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 pm

In my opinion they are.

Wayne

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:01 pm

BFD certainly paid off for you, considering that you somehow mass mailed your blog website to its subscribers today.

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:11 pm

If you think im the only person in the internet community who was sent that list you are a gullable man. You should be complaining to them for making it a public list. People act like im trying to sell them something LOL... for God's sake it's a free f'ing BLOG.. don't read the dam thing.. get a grip on something thats important in life like WAR, or The Homeless, or family or poverty.. something that matters.. it amazes me how grown men come running to the defense of people on these sites.. really makes you wonder about how far these relationships go..lol..

Colts im going to try Guru see what they have..

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:55 am

I'm not defending BFD. I just don't want your crap going to my home e-mail.

We agree on one thing weber. If we all focused more on the homeless, family and poverty, we would be much more focused on serving others, as we should. Conversely, that would take the self-centered away from personal self-stroking of any personal blogs. (Look at me, everybody!)

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:13 am

a blog about ff football is about me..lol.. ok,

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:39 am

Originally posted by weber:
i've never tried fantasyguru, maybe i'll give them a try next year.. you sure they are good? I second an endorsement for John Hansen's Fantasy Guru site!!! Like any site or FF person, John doesn't always get it right, but he is the most consistent out there year in and year out.
@RedRyder

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:48 am

Originally posted by weber:
If you think im the only person in the internet community who was sent that list you are a gullable man. You should be complaining to them for making it a public list. People act like im trying to sell them something LOL... for God's sake it's a free f'ing BLOG.. don't read the dam thing.. get a grip on something thats important in life like WAR, or The Homeless, or family or poverty.. something that matters.. it amazes me how grown men come running to the defense of people on these sites.. really makes you wonder about how far these relationships go..lol..

Colts im going to try Guru see what they have..
No weber you are just the only one who used a mistake for their own selfish purposes.

And quit trying to deflect the warranted criticism of your actions by all the "something more important in life" - we ALL know that.

But in FF as in life, integrity is important to each of us - GET SOME