Geoff Stein Joins NFFC Team

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 am

We made this announcement on Jan. 14th on the NFBC boards, but in case folks didn't know this already I thought it deserved its own thread so you can give Geoff a warm, hearty welcome. I know that Tom officially announced it yesterday on his thread, but let's REALLY ANNOUNCE IT!! :D

The NFFC is proud to announce that Geoff Stein has joined the NFFC/Fanball team starting immediately. Geoff has been an integral part of the MockDraftCentral.com team the past four years, running mock drafts and pay leagues for MDC.com, and has joined our team in an editorial role.

"Geoff has been an important part of our success as the NFFC began expanding into online pay games starting in 2006 and we believe that he will be even more important to our success as we grow our NFBC, NFFC and NFBBC satellite leagues and online Double Plays," said Greg Ambrosius, Live Events Director of the NFFC. "Geoff has the personality that fits perfectly with our friendly customer service-oriented nature and he definitely is the perfect fit as we expand beyond the 200+ online pay drafts we do each year. We will tap into his skills and knowledge to help us expand immediately in this area of the business."

Geoff joined MDC.com in 2006 and has been the managing editor before leaving MDC.com in
early January. He's excited about his new venture and looks forward to working with customers that he already knows on a first name basis.

"To say that I’m excited about coming over to work with Fanball, the National Fantasy Baseball Championship (NFBC) and the National Fantasy Football Championship (NFFC) is unquestionably the biggest understatement of the new decade," Stein said in January. "Throughout my five years in the Fantasy Sports industry, I’ve come to appreciate and respect the Fanball name, and it truly is an honor to take a clear step up in my professional career. I am thrilled to have a chance to learn from and work beside two heavyweights in the industry, Ryan Houston and Charlie Wiegert. I am also happy to continue a working relationship with Greg Ambrosius, Tom Kessenich and their outstanding community of users.

"I’ve learned a lot from Greg and Tom during the many summer and winter nights we’ve worked together. Their customer service and commitment to getting things right is the gold standard of the industry, and I look forward to helping them surpass the amazing precedent already set. The NFBC and NFFC community shouldn’t expect the Geoffrey Stein they’ve come to know at my previous stop – they should expect better. I cherish the friendships that I’ve made with many of the participants over the years, and eagerly anticipate building them higher in my new role. I’ve never been a fan of change, as uncertainty and the cruel ways of the mind most times lead me down the pessimist path. This change, however, just seems right – I have no doubts that this is where I belong."

Geoff will be involved in everything involving online drafts and will be a content provider for all of the Fanball fantasy sports magazines, content on Fanball.com, Owner's Edge and other Fanball products.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 am

As folks in the NFBC know, we built our own draft software and held all of our Online Championship drafts and Satellite League drafts there after March 14th. We not only host our live drafts there but we have a Mock Draft Lobby that will allow all of you to mock draft right from your League Home. That will be live shortly after we push the new NFFC web site live this month.

So where Geoff will be integral for us right away is:

** Getting all of you set up to test run the Mock Draft Lobby.

** Hosting Slow Drafts on our software hopefully starting in May.

** Hosting and getting all leagues set up for our online drafts on our own software.

The results of our drafts can be loaded into your team pages within minutes of the conclusion of your online drafts. In fact, we finished an NFBC Online Championship draft on Sunday just a few hours before the Yankees-Red Sox game and everyone had their starting lineups set and ready to go. We never had that luxury before and I think our customers are going to like seeing their teams in their League Homes minutes after drafts are done.

We also are going to announce a national Slow Draft contest soon with overall prizes. The Slow Drafts were a HUGE hit with our NFBC members and I think this can be a lot of fun at affordable levels. Stay tuned for details there. Oh, and Geoff will be in charge of those babies, too!! :D

Welcome aboard Geoff. You've already proven to be as hard a worker as Tom and I in baseball and we know football is going to take the same amount of effort and time. Get ready to jump into the football mix starting VERY SOON. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:59 am

Just a clarification if you didn't already know: MockDraftCentral.com was sold to Rotowire.com in December. As everyone knows we've always had a great, great relationship with Rotowire.com and of course Jason and Geoff at MDC.com. Nothing has changed there.

However, owning your own draft software makes the most sense for so many reasons. Like I said, we can now flow draft results into team pages immediately as long as all Player IDs are attached. For baseball especially, position eligibility can be controlled by you with no errors. There's a cost savings too, but mainly it's more control and the ability to adjust rules and games to whatever you want.

We have lots of news coming soon about our mock draft room and how we can create more meaningful ADPs for everyone. Stay tuned, but Geoff will be key to that area of the business. It is going to be very, very fun for everyone this summer.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Geoff, welcome to the NFFC! You're getting a very great addition here Greg. NFFC, just picked up another notch here.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Good job getting Geoff. He was the MAN at MDC and will be a valuable asset to you guys!
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Greg...quick question.

Will playing in a NFFC league automatically buy you a subscription to Fanball.com and/or Owner's Edge?

Thanks!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 am

Geoff was always there in a pinch while at MDC.
He's proving himself even more worthy in his time so far with the NFBC....he's been aces.

We're lucky to have him on the team.

Welcome aboard Geoff.....

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:58 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg...quick question.

Will playing in a NFFC league automatically buy you a subscription to Fanball.com and/or Owner's Edge?

Thanks! No, I don't believe so, but let me look into everything for football. We didn't give away Fanball magazines for baseball or Owner's Edge and I think the plan is the same for football, but maybe there's a way to get this content to our NFFC members quicker and at a bargain. Let me talk with Ryan about all of this shortly and get back to you on the boards.

As for Geoff, he has been A++++++ for baseball and he will be your best friend this football season as well. :D This guy knows his stuff and he learned about customer service from the best: Me and Tom. He's aces there too. He's a GREAT addition to the NFBC/NFFC/NFBBC team.

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and kind words.

While I'm not ready for football weather -- I need a Michigan summer badly! -- I can't wait to work with all of the fine NFFC folks.

Thanks again!

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:10 pm

BFD has grown every year and Geoff was a big part of the support...cannot say enough good things about Geoff.

Good luck and well done, a good man for the NFFC.

3'