602 teams?

MidasMike

602 teams?

Post by MidasMike » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:43 pm

Are their 602 teams in each city? or is that combined? Is the prize for each city if so

BillyWaz

602 teams?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:17 pm

They are looking at getting 602 teams TOTAL (all 3 cities combined). Right now, I know they are well short, but just like any first year venture, you have to take a loss.

I believe "The World Championship of Fantasy Football" only had around 400 their first year, and they have already filled all their spots for this year.

The way Greg and Tom run this (so far as I have seen), I have no doubt that this will be THE "premier" fantasy challenge in two years due to branching it out into 3 cities.

ShowMe

602 teams?

Post by ShowMe » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:40 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
They are looking at getting 602 teams TOTAL (all 3 cities combined). Right now, I know they are well short, but just like any first year venture, you have to take a loss.

I believe "The World Championship of Fantasy Football" only had around 400 their first year, and they have already filled all their spots for this year.

The way Greg and Tom run this (so far as I have seen), I have no doubt that this will be THE "premier" fantasy challenge in two years due to branching it out into 3 cities. For the record, the inaugural 2002 WCOFF had 552 teams play. 46 leagues of 12 teams. 4 leagues short of the goal.

Greg Ambrosius

602 teams?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:24 am

Yes and 25% of those signups came during the last two weeks. Lenny and Emil did the right thing by guaranteeing the prize money even when things were tight and they were rewarded with a STRONG late signup, with teams being added right up until the end. Give them credit and now they are being rewarded with another sellout event.

We saw a late surge in signups with baseball as well and guaranteed that prize pool a week before our deadline. We're hoping for the same late push to add to our strong start and yesterday's six signups was a good sign of things to come. Now let's get to the games and REALLY keep the momentum going.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

602 teams?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:26 am

Oh, and yes the goal is 602 teams over three cities. We expect late signups for New York and Chicago, where people can actually drive to the drafts rather than make flight plans. But right now Las Vegas continues to have the most signups for football and it finished with the most signups for baseball as well.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius