Brandon Marshall

Diesel

Brandon Marshall

Post by Diesel » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:53 pm

In the most bizarre off-season injury to date, Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall said he slipped on a McDonalds bag and wound up with his arm wrapped in a cast.

Marshall said he was at the Westgate Lakes Resort in Orlando, Fla. on Saturday and slipped and fell on a McDonald's wrapper. When he slipped, he said he stuck out his hand to brace his fall and it went through a TV entertainment center.

His right arm now will be in a cast for two weeks. Marshall also received stitches in his arm, but he did not know how many.

What he did know was that he was embarrassed. One of the league's most physical players was toppled by a plastic bag.

"I want to thank everybody for their concerns and let everyone know that I'm okay," Marshall wrote in a text message Sunday morning. "It's funny because I pride myself on YAC (yards after catch) and being one of the toughest players to take down once I have the ball in my hands.

"So for the next couple of days I'm going to take the time to build my confidence back up after allowing that McDonalds bag to take me down and send me through the entertainment center."

Marshall is scheduled to fly from Orlando to Denver on Sunday and will be at the Broncos training complex tomorrow. But he will be, at best, limited for the start of the Broncos offseason conditioning program.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Brandon Marshall

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:34 pm

I laughed my arse off when I read this (not that I believe it).

If true (which again, I doubt it is), then it ranks up there with Vince Coleman's tarp incident! :eek:

Diesel

Brandon Marshall

Post by Diesel » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Billy, it's direct from NFL.com. If it's false, even they've been fooled.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Brandon Marshall

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:07 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Billy, it's direct from NFL.com. If it's false, even they've been fooled. I know, but I just can't even picture that happening.

Now if he was playing Madden 08 and he lost, and put his hand through the TV, THAT sounds more realistic! :D

Nutty Scrat

Brandon Marshall

Post by Nutty Scrat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:39 am

Should have went to Wendy's! LOL
Ed

GOD Loves You

Brandon Marshall

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:58 am

You can tell he learned something from Rod Smith. NFL Films did a segment, with a few different players regarding their eating habits....Eddie George had a person with him at all times who prepared his food....same sorta thing with Ricky Williams(heard they drank a lot of tea and ate a lot of brownies ;) )

Anyways, they spoke with Rod Smith and he claimed he stopped at Burger King and ate his food in the players parking lot before the games.

I found this quite humorous....most skill players are so worried about what they are eating, yet Smith could eat fast food and still perform as well as they did. :cool:

BTW, Nutty....LOL ;) :D .
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Nutty Scrat

Brandon Marshall

Post by Nutty Scrat » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:38 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

BTW, Nutty....LOL ;) :D . GLY, don't let Lance see that LOL it could start him drinking again! That if he even stopped.
Ed