Geoff Stein Update: On The Road To Recovery

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Geoff, it is great to know you're doing better! Sudden illness can drain a family and I know it drained our FF family. We're glad you're on your way back.

Now, when you get time, please dispell these rumors floating around:

1) You had to come back, it's Michigan/Mich. State week and you wanted to party with your Spartan friends.

2) You saw the light and Peter said you could come in but you had to first go back as an IT guy at a major fantasy website and fix all of their issues. :D You immediately turned around without passing go.

3) You've already alluded to it, you knew there was no way in hell Tom was going to handle these drafts alone, going forward.

In any case, welcome back to good health. May this week go by quickly.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Money

Post by Money » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:
Awesome. Just awesome, guys.

Thank you so very much to everyone who took the time to email, send a prayer or just put my family and I in your thoughts. You guys truly helped me pull through -- I know for a fact that Tom can't watch all of those drafts on his own! I had to make it!!!

I am still in the hospital and likely will be until the middle of next week, so I'll be spotty with my board participation. Please note, however, that I will be personally answering every email that I received but it will take a while.

Finally, many thanks to Ryan, Greg, Tom and the entire Fanball crew. I truly look at them all as family and hope to one day repay them in .0000001 percent of the ways that they've helped and cared about me throughout this entire ordeal.

If there is any positive to this, it's that my offshore account stayed retired this past weekend. What in the world is happening in the football world!?

Anyways, pain medicine time! Thanks much to all of my friends -- you'll never know how much this post means to me. This note will put a smile on every single persons face that reads it. Welcome back Geoff.
Joe

da bears

Post by da bears » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Awesome news. :cool:

Great to hear that you are doing better Geoff!!!
Bauler Shot Caller

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:40 am

Glad you are doing much better Geoff.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:36 am

Wow, it's just great to see you posting again Geoff. Heck, I think you even spell better under medication than you did before!! :D Keep getting better and realize that the prayers and thoughts haven't stopped from any of us. We are ALL still praying and thinking about you. Keep heading on the road to recovery and we'll have you working late night drafts before you know it. ;)

Yesterday when I called Geoff and was surprised to talk with him, I told him I hope he realizes how close he came to death's door. He said he now realizes that and is so lucky to be alive. Since my kids watch Ghost Whisperer I asked him if he ever saw the light. He said he didn't cross over, but he did wish he would have seen Jennifer Love Hewitt. That's when I knew he was getting better!! :D

Great stuff Geoff and I'll call you for an update shortly. AWESOME COMEBACK MY FRIEND!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dave Clum

Post by Dave Clum » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:21 am

Great news for a heck of a guy.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:03 am

Originally posted by DiamondKing:
Great news for a heck of a guy. Tom and I just talked with Geoff and he's out of the heart unit of the hospital and sounding much, much stronger. You can really tell the difference in his voice today over yesterday. He said he's starting physical rehab now and he hopes to be out of the hospital by mid-week. They still have to get all of this staph infection out of his bloodstream, but they definitely have a handle on it and everything looks good for him.

He's ready to watch football this weekend and get back to work in a few weeks. GREAT NEWS for a GREAT GUY. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and never take your health for granted.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:55 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Wow, it's just great to see you posting again Geoff. Heck, I think you even spell better under medication than you did before!! :D Keep getting better and realize that the prayers and thoughts haven't stopped from any of us. We are ALL still praying and thinking about you. Keep heading on the road to recovery and we'll have you working late night drafts before you know it. ;)

Yesterday when I called Geoff and was surprised to talk with him, I told him I hope he realizes how close he came to death's door. He said he now realizes that and is so lucky to be alive. Since my kids watch Ghost Whisperer I asked him if he ever saw the light. He said he didn't cross over, but he did wish he would have seen Jennifer Love Hewitt. That's when I knew he was getting better!! :D

Great stuff Geoff and I'll call you for an update shortly. AWESOME COMEBACK MY FRIEND!! We'll have to call this the greatest/happiest comeback of the year! Fantastic news!
Pat Sorge

abruski17

Post by abruski17 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Great news -- just great news.