MidSeason League B Results

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:03 am

Just a technical note...

The value of the bye is not a full week's score but the value of the difference between your stud and the fill-in.

For example, I took Manning who has a week 6 bye. My backup is Plummer who I expect will score about 10 points less than Manning. I took Plummer in round 9 after all my RB and WR starters were chosen so the only effect will be those 10 points.

If you are forced to take a back up before filling in your starters, then the effect is much larger. My RB (T. Jones) has a bye this week but I chose a 1 week backup in round 10 (Pinner), again not affecting my other starters.

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:10 am

If Pepper had slid to 4th I would have taken him.
The truth is we've been arguing WR vs RB when we should of understood that the rules made a top QB the best pick. Well at least if your only required to have one RB.

GriffithVT

Post by GriffithVT » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:36 am

I wish I had all the answers to fantasy football's many questions like many of you guys...you make it seem so easy....you have the analysis down pat...know the right players...superior coaching acumen...understand how to maximize the rules to your advantage.

Sheesh I feel like Luke Skywalker learning at the feet of masters.

It must be working because I'm 3-1 and in the thick of the main contest. (My only defeat to the 4th highest scoring team in the entire nffc) I trust most of you are 4-0 with your Yoda like knowledge...oh wait or is that 0-4 NNOY?

Just alittle smack talk from a newbie gents so please take no offense! For the record I'll stick with Culpepper and Moss handcuff for now. ;)

Sunday is coming! By the way..DirectTV stinks..have missed two appointments to install system so I can get the season package.
The Gstar!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:52 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
Culpepper will not average 30 points for the season and will not have a 3-5 point advantage the rest of the way for the top tier of QB’s, so in my opinion this was not an optimal pick.

You have to look at the three games he has played and realize that he will not enjoy the same type of match-up advantages the rest of the way. Two of the games were at home and one against a completely depleted Bears D. My picking him in rd #1 over in lge A was based on him out-scoring Manning by 4-5 ppg and McNabb, Brady and the field by twice that the rest of the way. MIN has the best rem. schedule, whereas Philly and NE get tougher.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:18 pm

Originally posted by nnoy:
Culpepper will not average 30 points for the season and will not have a 3-5 point advantage the rest of the way for the top tier of QB’s, so in my opinion this was not an optimal pick. The one thing that often gets overlooked when you're a stat geek (and I admit to being one too) is the gut picks that make playing this so much fun. I went into last night with absolutely no plan and little prep. Honestly, I think I'm just a little burnt out on prep work right now. I was winging it the whole draft. I honestly had a blast drafting with everyone in league B. Stand up people, every one of you. For the record, my starting lineup avgs. about 132-138 per game. Does it mean anything? Probably not!
RC

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:35 pm

I love being able to seriously consider QBs and WRs in the early rounds. That's why I've pushed for considering the 1 RB requirement. The proof is in this draft. We had:

QB/WR, RB/RB, RB/WR, WR/RB, RB/QB, QB/RB, and WR/WR.

Seven different 1st two round approaches. Only 8 RBs in the 1st round and 8 in the 2nd round. Real starting RBs like Q and Barlow were available in the 4th round.

Any more thoughts on this roster versus the NFFC roster?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:34 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
I love being able to seriously consider QBs and WRs in the early rounds. That's why I've pushed for considering the 1 RB requirement. The proof is in this draft. We had:

Seven different 1st two round approaches. Proof? Funny. League A (2 RB minimum starting line-up) had 7 different approaches. I wonder what happened? :confused: It's always fun to run ALL the #'s, instead of half.

[ October 06, 2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:51 pm

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:

Seven different 1st two round approaches. Only 8 RBs in the 1st round and 8 in the 2nd round. Real starting RBs like Q and Barlow were available in the 4th round.

Any more thoughts on this roster versus the NFFC roster? I still like the 2 RBs - you can choose to play it safe or play to win. With 2 flex's its too safe.

As GG points out, it wasn't all RB/RB with lge A's NFFC standard roster. Maybe what the mid-season guys figured out is that the 0.5pt RB reception really is an equalizer. Good job by Tom/Greg to be a little different and make it work, imo.

[ October 06, 2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

crocodyle

Post by crocodyle » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:54 am

Greg,
I still haven't received any info on logging into my team. I spoke with one other individual in GROUP B, and as of last night, he didn't have access either. I'm not sure about the rest. Is this problem just with a few of us, or is it league-wide?

Thanks,
da Lizard ;) ~
da Lizard ;)~

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:27 am

I can't log on at all right now to any of my teams. It shows screen not available. Hopefully this is because they're updating it. Either that or theres going to be alot of screaming again about STATS being down on waiver day.