MidSeason League B Results

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:41 am

We should get this taken care of soon. Dyv is at a conference and STATS was trying to reach him yesterday to no avail while I was out of the office. I'll talk to STATS in a few minutes as they had trouble matching up some team names with owner's names. Yes, it's just a few new owners who don't have access yet.

John, you should be good to go on the site now. Sorry about the glitch last night and this morning.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

crocodyle

Post by crocodyle » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:19 am

I was able to get into my league and team area, and changed my team name, but am unable to access any other functions....such as roster, set up line-up....and if i click on free agents, ALL players are listed.
da Lizard ;)~

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:50 am

Okay, we can't match up four team names with owner's names. Neither STATS nor myself have this and Dyv is out of town. Someone e-mail me these:

League B Owners
Claire & Jan
Jay Smith
Troy White
Chris Piasecki

League B Teams
~ HBK ~
Big Daddy Squad
Doomsday
Left in the Dark
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:59 am

i apologize, i only have the info for league A, BUT see below...

Here's the final draft order for league B:
1. Fox ($753)
2. Jeff Rackliffe ($650)
3. KW3 ($882)
4. Walla ($800)
5. Troy White ($579)
6. Route C ($350)
7. Blender ($300)
8. Chris Piasecki ($99)
9. JB ($0)
10. Claire & Jan ($0)
11. Jersey Paul ($0)
12. Jay Smith ($0)
13. Dyv ($3)
14. Team New ($17)

Here are the results of the 1st round of the draft, along with my educated guesses as to the missing owners. they seem to match up...

Swamp Lizards Daunte Culpepper
Racktors LaDainian Tomlinson
KW3 Priest Holmes
Walla Walla Shaun Alexander
Big Daddy Squad Randy Moss Troy White?
Route C Ahman Green
Blenders Edgerrin James
~ HBK ~ Clinton Portis Chris Piasecki?
Mass Destruction Terrell Owens
Left In The Dark Curtis Martin Claire & Jan?
Jersey Paul - Mid season Thomas Jones
Doomsday Donovan McNabb Jay Smith?
Dyv Marvin Harrison
Team New Tom Brady

[ October 08, 2004, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

crocodyle

Post by crocodyle » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:07 am

I went back into the draft room and pulled up the teams and owners, and that is correct!!

da Lizard ;) ~
da Lizard ;)~

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:43 pm

I'm hoping we're all set now. For those that aren't aware, a post on these message boards of last minute lineup changes is adequate notation and will be accepted. (assuming the time stamp shows it was a legal move 5 minutes before game time of each game)

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:49 pm

As for the league itself - I've never tried drafting WR early in any significant fashion, so in this league I tried it out. It was made FAR easier by the fact we have 2 flex positions, but I ended up crafting something interesting:

I took 3 WR in the first 3 rounds... Harrison, Holt and Chad Johnson. Then I got a swiftly falling Kevan Barlow near the start of round 4 to give me some upside mobility.

I may have made a mistake in round 5 with Michael Bennett (will he play?) and then the bounceback in round 6 with Steve McNair (is he going to produce?)

I later added Onterrio Smith AND Mewelde Moore to try to get Minnesota's RB in a couple weeks and for the rest of the season. I added Wheatley and Fargas attempting to get a wedge into Oakland's backfield as well.

David Carr from Houston may end up being my biggest piece if McNair doesn't start being productive soon.

How'd everyone else do in terms of strategy?

Dave

p.s. I had the 13th slot
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:30 pm

This was different than any game I've played recently. I never take a QB early but here I think it made sense. I went RB, QB then WR, WR, WR.

If Greg and Tom want a way to balance the drafting in the early rounds, just look at this draft. Four QBs taken in the first 2 rounds plus lots or WRs.

The 1 RB requirement lowers the value of RBs significantly, especially considering that 2nd tier RBs are scoring less than 2nd tier WRs. It creates an incentive to take a top QB to create separation of your team from the others. There are 3 QBs, 4 or 5 WRs and 5 or 6 RBs that stand out. That means that each team in the 1st round can take a "stud" and still have time to pick up a serviceable RB in a later round if they choose a WR or QB.

What that means is that the choice of late players, decisions on handcuffs versus starters, etc. can be the determiners of the ultimate winner, not necessarily the team that can get 2 good RBs in the 1st 2 rounds.

crocodyle

Post by crocodyle » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:07 am

I went into the draft thinking that Priest would be my first pick. I spent a lot of my free agent dollars to get him. Mostly, because of all the drafts i was in this year, i didn't have a first pick in any. After reviewing most of the day, and consulting with my son, we deemed it best to take the player that was getting the most points so far this year...which narrowed the choices to QB's McNabb, Culpepper, and Manning....with Brady being given a look just because he has had his bye week already. But after looking at strength of schedule and other relevant stats,including bye weeks, i decided on Culpepper....which at least after the first week, appears to be genius...haha. I'm weak at RB though, and that may come back to haunt me, so we'll withhold judgement for a few more weeks. With Foster getting hurt, and Davis now being the main man in Carolina, if he stays healthy, i like my chances. Several of my picks were made mostly due to who has had bye weeks already. Given we only play 12 weeks out of the season, it could be a huge benefit to have players who won't miss a game due to having a bye.

Also, it appears the points didn't get reset yet from last week, so we're showing 2 weeks worth of scoring, when there should only be one. I saw a post about it getting fixed by yesterday, but as of this posting, it had not been fixed. At least in League B!
da Lizard ;)~

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:15 pm

Looks good to me. 1st place with 296 points the first week. I think I should get a special award from Greg. Would be pretty sweet if it were real, don't you think