ATTN: Those on the fence! Join the NFFC!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:40 am

It's possible my math is off. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:32 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Greg and I were running a live draft for an ESPN event and there was a big fantasy panel on hand as part of the next day's festivities. So Geoff and Jason came to Chicago and we closed the bar, having a great time. I'm sure there was all sorts of other things going on at the bar that night but what I remember most was hanging out with Geoff and Jason and all of us knocking back at least two beers each and having a terrific time.
Surely you jest. Two beers each? As a Wisconsinite and Packers fan I would think you have two beers for breakfast. Greg, is this the type of person you want working for you? Closing a bar with two beers each? And in Chicago, no less. I'd have to imagine they would have asked you to leave as you were taking up valuable space. TWO BEERS!?!? :D
[/QUOTE]Let me add some additional facts to this story. Tom and I knew Jason (Geoff's boss) from past trade conferences, but this was actually the first time we had met Geoff. For one thing, the sonofabitch was a lot taller than he sounded on the phone!! :D Secondly, he drank like a freakin' fish!! :D Tom and I were so relaxed we were pounding beers before they got there and it was actually Happy Hour on a Friday night in downtown Chicago so everyone was in the bar feeling good and putting down 2-for-1s with popcorn and nachos and stuff. I know Tom and I were having more than two, but Geoff was having two to every one of ours!!! And I'm serious about that. :D

We both woke up in bad shape the next morning and the first thought was "wow, I wonder how Geoff feels." We hosted the ESPN Radio 1000 draft for 250+ players, met Jack Haan there for the first time, and took our hangovers back up to Iola later that day. It was a great, great time and we definitely got to know Geoff that day. I still think he sounds shorter on the phone than he really is. Funny how that happens, don't you think? ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:22 pm

All is good on the health-front here -- thanks for asking, guys. As a matter of fact, I'm kicking off my fall workout routine tomorrow as the summer heat had me drinking a few too many Geoffweisers and eating waaaaaay too many grilled hot dogs.

And just to clear things up ... Greg and I shared a room with two beds. Much like Tom and I did in St. Louis where his wall-rattling snoring kept me up all night. If the NFFC ever runs a contest to have a sleep over with an employee -- make sure you choose Greg.