Where will Randy go?

Tom Kessenich

Where will Randy go?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:32 am

I still think the Redskins make the most sense. I think the Rams would be fools to bring him in and possibly poison a positive situation and undermine Bradford's development.

Adam Schefter made a great point today - whoever claims him on waivers or signs him if he clears waivers will have the opportunity to receive a compensatory pick in 2012 if he leaves as a free agent after this season. That's assuming the compensatory system is in place but if it is a team could bring him in and not even play him and still have the opportunity to get a draft pick for him.

That makes the Vikings' decision even more baffling. If they thought Moss was being a negative influence they could have simply not played him and still kept alive the possibility of getting future compensation for him. What an incredibly messed up team that has become.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Where will Randy go?

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Got this from a friend of mine today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmJcUlrk ... r_embedded

BLACKHAND

Where will Randy go?

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 am

looks like i was wrong and the titans put a claim in for moss. i never thought moss would want to go there.

Ranked No. 22 in the NFL waiver priority order, the Titans have reportedly submitted a waiver claim for Randy Moss.
With 20 minutes left before the deadline, the Rams (at No. 13 in the order) are also "strongly considering" using a waiver claim -- if they haven't already -- according to SI.com's Don Banks. Banks adds the Dolphins (No. 18) and Saints (No. 21) as teams that could grab Moss before he gets to Tennessee. He also calls the Chargers (at No. 10) "a potential surprise entry."
Source: SI.com

[ November 03, 2010, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

RedRyder

Where will Randy go?

Post by RedRyder » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 am

CJ owners rejoice!
@RedRyder

BLACKHAND

Where will Randy go?

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:41 am

hope the food is good or he might throw another fit. :D :D

BillyWaz

Where will Randy go?

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:42 am

Great news for CJ owners!

Doesn't see good for Britt, as you gotta believe his injury is more serious than people are letting on. If not, he could benefit from double teams.

As for Moss.....who knows.

Not a passing team, but with a mobile QB who can create more time, Moss might return to the "throw it up and I'll catch it" days.

Time will tell.

Tom Kessenich

Where will Randy go?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am

I posted on Twitter that Moss now goes to a team that doesn't throw the ball often and completes a lower percentage of the passes it does attempt than the two teams he was on previously this season. I don't see this boosting Moss' fantasy value. I think he is what he is at this point. I think you can expect him to continue delivering a decent amount of TDs but I would not expect him to have many huge reception or yardage games. He hasn't had a 100-yard game since Week 10 of last season and if he couldn't get one with Brady and Favre, I'm not sure he'll get one with Young and/or Collins.

Moss has become a low-end WR3 (he ranks 36th in my league's scoring, for example). Perhaps he inches into the Top 30 range but I wouldn't feel comfortable projecting him to climb much higher.

The one clear beneficiary of this is Chris Johnson who now will see fewer eight-man fronts than before. It might also make Bo Scaife slightly relevant. But Johnson has to be giddy right now because the one thing Moss still does well is command a lot of attention on the field.

One thing to remember is Moss does tend to do well in his first game with new teams so starting him in Week 10 against Miami is probably a good idea.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Where will Randy go?

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 am

I'm thinking

Bad for Moss.
Good for Johnson.
Good for Washington and Scaife.
Good and Bad for Young and Collins
Bad for Coaching Staff.
Bad for Tennessee Caterers.
Bad for Tennessee Parking Police.
Good for Indianapolis and Houston.

... OK ... I'm still a little bitter.
Hakuna Matata!

Old School

Where will Randy go?

Post by Old School » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Wait till he starts raggin' on Young and Collins for being crappy QB's and saying "They aint no Tommy Boy Brady".

What a tool...

BLACKHAND

Where will Randy go?

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:20 pm

he will ruin that team. he will not have respect for young or collins. he will be in an off the field problem for sure and cj owners should just hope he is not with him.