Ryan Grant Done for Year

HOLLYWOODJAMES

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by HOLLYWOODJAMES » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Green Bay could pick up Willie Parker or J.J Arrington
2011 Online Championship League Champion (Best record)

Eddiejag

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Originally posted by The Franchise:
There is speculation out of Boston that with Maroney now gone to Denver that the Pats might work a deal with the Cowboys, trading L.Mankins for M.Barber?

I also think B.Jackson is talented enough to carry the load the whole year. He is actually better suited for the Packers offense than Grant. Much better hands and good pass blocker. Nelson looking like a genius grabbing B Jackson in the 16th round pick 215 and not owning Grant.
I passed on Grant in the 3rd round for Charles and just dodged the first landmind of the season.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Glenneration X

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:33 pm

I chose Grant in a competing contest at the back end of the third round passing on Arian Foster in the hopes he'd make it back to me in the 4th. He didn't.

I think that specific pick has already doomed me in that contest. :(

Glenn

[ September 14, 2010, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Tom Kessenich

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Originally posted by HOLLYWOODJAMES:
Green Bay could pick up Willie Parker or J.J Arrington I'd rather stick with Jackson. The only two available RBs who I think are upgrades over Jackson are McGahee and Lynch. I think both are rather significant upgrades - especially McGahee, who I believe still has some juice. I don't think Lynch has much left but he's still a much better RB than Jackson.

I was on the Sirius show today and I said the guy to watch is Julius Jones. Seattle GM John Schneider used to work with Thompson in Green Bay and Jones is very much available. Plus, he won't cost much so that fits with Thompson's agenda - which is to rarely make a big move. Remember, this is the GM who passed on the opportunity to add Randy Moss and Tony Gonzalez at various times and those are two Hall of Fame talents.

If you have Jackson or pick him up this week, Jones shouldn't scare you. He stinks and isn't an upgrade so Jackson's hold on the starting job would remain firm in my opinion barring injury. Should Thompson make a radical departure from his usual method of procedure and trade for McGahee and Lynch, I'd be very concerned if I was a Jackson owner. I highly doubt Thompson would trade for either of them and relegate them to backup status.

All of this is going to make blind bidding for Jackson VERY interesting this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Originally posted by KyThunder:
GB had better do something...if my memory serves me right, BJax had his chance at this job a couple years ago, and lost it to Grant. Correct. Jackson was a second-round pick handpicked by Thompson and McCarthy to be the starting RB. He flopped so badly and looked so awful Thompson traded for Grant, who easily outperformed him then and continued to do so until getting hurt on Sunday. Sadly, I haven't seen much improvement from Jackson as a runner since his rookie season. He is a capable receiver out of the backfield but as a runner he lacks instincts and rarely makes yards after initial contact. I joked with Greg that the one time he did it against the Eagles was the first time he had ever done that in his career.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm wondering if someone like James Davis would make sense for the Pack? With Harrison/Hillis/Hardesty, seems like Davis is expendable. And he looks pretty decent to me?!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Raiders

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by HOLLYWOODJAMES:
Green Bay could pick up Willie Parker or J.J Arrington I'd rather stick with Jackson. The only two available RBs who I think are upgrades over Jackson are McGahee and Lynch. I think both are rather significant upgrades - especially McGahee, who I believe still has some juice. I don't think Lynch has much left but he's still a much better RB than Jackson.

I was on the Sirius show today and I said the guy to watch is Julius Jones. Seattle GM John Schneider used to work with Thompson in Green Bay and Jones is very much available. Plus, he won't cost much so that fits with Thompson's agenda - which is to rarely make a big move. Remember, this is the GM who passed on the opportunity to add Randy Moss and Tony Gonzalez at various times and those are two Hall of Fame talents.

If you have Jackson or pick him up this week, Jones shouldn't scare you. He stinks and isn't an upgrade so Jackson's hold on the starting job would remain firm in my opinion barring injury. Should Thompson make a radical departure from his usual method of procedure and trade for McGahee and Lynch, I'd be very concerned if I was a Jackson owner. I highly doubt Thompson would trade for either of them and relegate them to backup status.

All of this is going to make blind bidding for Jackson VERY interesting this week.
[/QUOTE]'All of this is going to make blind bidding for Jackson VERY interesting this week.'

Of course these would be Yahoo Leagues. :D

mattjb

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by mattjb » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Lex Hilliard is buried on Miami's depth chart and they could do worse...

Raiders

Ryan Grant Done for Year

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:45 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
Lex Hilliard is buried on Miami's depth chart and they could do worse... Ian Johnson. ;)