Post-Season Contest Rules

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:05 am

Originally posted by :
www.fantasy911.com
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:07 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Greg, didn't you have a $240 contest last year? We tried that price point two years ago and had less than a dozen signups. We cancelled that and sold out the $120 instead. I think I'll stick with these three price points. It gets too risky to guarantee a big grand prize at $240 and not reach those levels.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:10 am

The defending $10,000 champ is back in the house: KJ Duke has secured a team in the $120 contest. Welcome back CHAMP!!! :D Good to see Jules grabbing five teams already, too. This will be fun.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:22 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Greg, didn't you have a $240 contest last year? We tried that price point two years ago and had less than a dozen signups. We cancelled that and sold out the $120 instead. I think I'll stick with these three price points. It gets too risky to guarantee a big grand prize at $240 and not reach those levels. [/QUOTE]Seems the contest really took off though last year in general so I think there would be a lot more interest now than 2 years ago. I can speak for myself in saying I didn't even know about the contest 2 years ago. I am sure others didn't as well.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:19 pm

The rules (article 11) say the prizes are based on 150 teams but your post says you are shooting for 170 per league?

If the prizes are based on 150 entries, the payouts come to 75% of the prize pool.

If the prizes are based on 170 entries, the payouts equal 66% of the prize pool.

This is the same for all three price points. Just curious which payout percentage is correct?

If you go beyond the 150 or 170 entries, how would the payout structure change?

I have posted article 11 from the rules because it doesn't really make sense?

11. League Structure: The contest will consist of the first 150 owners to sign up in each contest and prizes will be awarded according to the breakdown set forth in Paragraph 12. Any additional teams entered in the contest above 150.
Thanks for the added action and a chance to quench our fantasy thirsts before the season comes to an end.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Greg, didn't you have a $240 contest last year? We tried that price point two years ago and had less than a dozen signups. We cancelled that and sold out the $120 instead. I think I'll stick with these three price points. It gets too risky to guarantee a big grand prize at $240 and not reach those levels. [/QUOTE]Seems the contest really took off though last year in general so I think there would be a lot more interest now than 2 years ago. I can speak for myself in saying I didn't even know about the contest 2 years ago. I am sure others didn't as well.
[/QUOTE]I'd bet the $240 would take off this year as well. Sure a slightly larger entry fee, but much better odds or higher prize.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Greg,

A couple of years ago, a few of us wanted to do a smaller league of this same game. Perhaps 15 players at 200 each...winner take all (minus the fees). Each participant gets just one team. Is this possible?
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
The rules (article 11) say the prizes are based on 150 teams but your post says you are shooting for 170 per league?

If the prizes are based on 150 entries, the payouts come to 75% of the prize pool.

If the prizes are based on 170 entries, the payouts equal 66% of the prize pool.

This is the same for all three price points. Just curious which payout percentage is correct?

If you go beyond the 150 or 170 entries, how would the payout structure change?

I have posted article 11 from the rules because it doesn't really make sense?

quote: 11. League Structure: The contest will consist of the first 150 owners to sign up in each contest and prizes will be awarded according to the breakdown set forth in Paragraph 12. Any additional teams entered in the contest above 150.
Thanks for the added action and a chance to quench our fantasy thirsts before the season comes to an end. [/QUOTE]Then it should be 150. My bad. Payout is 75% and will continue at that level should we go above the 150 level in any of the contests. Thanks for catching this. I said 170 off the top of my head. Glad I'm wrong.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:43 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Greg,

A couple of years ago, a few of us wanted to do a smaller league of this same game. Perhaps 15 players at 200 each...winner take all (minus the fees). Each participant gets just one team. Is this possible? No, we're not set up for that. Sorry.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[/QUOTE]We finished very strong last year despite not being able to promote this because of the Fanball closing on Jan. 4th. Now that Fantasy911.com already has everything set up and ready to go, I expect even better numbers this year. They are promoting to their audience as well and will bring in a lot of their customers this year. Heck, we already have 10 $120 teams signed up, so I like it already.

Maybe we look at the $240 level next year. I thought it would work two years ago, but we have three levels set up now and away we go. Next year we can try a fourth level if demand warrants it.