The major flaw with these contests

lumpy463

Post by lumpy463 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:11 am

Should I be lucky enough to qualify, count me in for a Champion's League. Just have it in Veags, cause that is where I will be Labor Day Weekend 2005.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:50 pm

Greg
There is also about 100 pt. difference from #2 to #32. That would be another 7.7 added to the 7.7 from first to second place. 15.4 - not a bad handicap for a 32nd place team who got their tail kicked by 200 through the first 13 weeks.

I wonder, if the 32nd place team won, is it possible we might see the first place team in a bar somewhere tossing down a few suds with Jeff Gordon. :rolleyes:

Maybe next year the prize fund could be set up to reward the overall point leader before handicapping begins.

What do you think?

mward

Post by mward » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:30 am

Route C - Like the way you're thinking. And, I'm in for the $10k league.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:36 am

Should we provide another prize for the overall points leader through 13 weeks? Is that what you're suggesting Route C??? Not a bad idea. I'll see what I can round up for this year as we may have an autographed piece of memorabilia lying around the office. If not, then Team NEW can just get me something from Alan Narz or Topps, right? ;)

Good suggestion and we'll consider doing that somehow, although rewarding that person is like rewarding the Yankees after they went up 3-0. You still have to finish it off! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:11 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
although rewarding that person is like rewarding the Yankees after they went up 3-0. You still have to finish it off! :D Greg, I'll remember that when the Packers are up big in the 3rd quarter of this year's Super Bowl.

:D

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:35 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[qb] although rewarding that person is like rewarding the Yankees after they went up 3-0. You still have to finish it off! :D True enough but the the Red Sox still had to win 4 and I don't think the Yankees lost their first round playoff checks

It's alot more difficult to lead the pack for 13 weeks than it is to put together a 3 week hot streak.

Since it was my suggestion, I think it would be nice for the points leader to send over a token of their appreciation. Hey I'm not picky - an autographed Manning helmet would nice :D

I can hear the cries of collusion now. LOL

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:44 am

I'm off to Lambeau Field right now. If we actually get to the Super Bowl it will be a major miracle. Just making the playoffs would mean another MAJOR choke by the Vikings....ooooh, I better leave that one alone. Good luck everyone today. Packers-Cowboys should be LOADS of fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:31 pm

I know you enjoyed the game Greg. Was your favorite part every time Walker caught a pass?
I know it was mine :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:50 am

No, it was giving **** to the fan sitting by me with the sign saying "Jerry Kramer Was Offsides" every time we scored a point!!! That dude needs to get over the Ice Bowl game. :D

Actually the best part of the game was the 3:15 kickoff time and telling the wife we needed to tailgate at 8:30, just like every other noon start game. Cost of ticket = $55. Cost of tailgating for six hours = PRICELESS. :D

The Packers scored on their first seven possessions. Not bad for a 3-4 team that seemed to be going nowhere two weeks ago. I can only hope that they keep it going as December 12th and 19th games at Lambeau Field will be SO much more fun with a playoff spot on the line.

wlfskp

Post by wlfskp » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:40 am

Greg, I was very very happy with your Packers yesterday. THough they could ease up on the Green injury reports....I mean how bad is his achilles after yesterday...I bet it felt better than it has since game 1 this year...I know we felt better using our first round pick on him after yesterday....I have been having these baseball flashbacks....picks 1 and 2 out for first half of year produce sub par numbers the rest of the year...
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." -
-- Mark Twain
Play FF like its a new day -- Fanatics