Commish Big D (Marc Quitsch)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:07 am

Snake,

I believe there were 6 or 7 owners (not 1) that got "glitched" on Ahman. However, just like the fact that if someone hit $44 rather than $4, we would backtrack.... correct? (because it is OBVIOUS that a $4 player wouldn't be going for $44)

Same thing here. There were 13 other owners in this draft, and I would venture to say that ALL of them realize that Ahman Green is FAR BETTER than a $9 player (as Brandon Jacobs, Caddy, DeAngelo, MarShawyn, (all players he is "around" based on his ADP) went for $20+. Ahman was actually a BARGAIN at $18 (I think).

Didn't Ahman go for $41 in the Mag auction???? :eek:

Bottom line is it was a computer glitch that affected 1/2 or more of the league. Reversing it was definitely the right thing to do. Again, Diesel did the right thing.

If it still isn't clear, think of it this way...

If it was ME that got Ahman for $9 under the same circumstances (you among others attempted to "up the bid" but could not), would you think I should have got him based on the "rules"????

Didn't think so. ;)

bobsgym13

Post by bobsgym13 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:10 am

member # 586 would like to assure Snake that a site glitch occurred as opposed to an individual connection problem ... member # 586 would like to again thank Snake for his willingness to voluntarily release Green for rebidding
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:52 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...so you don't find it at all rather spooky or ironic that this "1/2 simutaneously temporary freeze glitch" occurred ONE time and ONE time only in all of the FantasyAuctioneer's NFFC draft's to date, Billyboy?...in truth, SNAKE finds that view in itself somewhat suspicious...SNAKE Are you implying that the people who were "froze out" truly weren't, and are lying?

Actually, I think it was Captain Hook who said that this HAS happened in other auctions.

[ August 02, 2007, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:54 am

...so you don't find it at all rather spooky or ironic that this "1/2 simutaneously temporary freeze glitch" occurred ONE time and ONE time only in all of the FantasyAuctioneer's NFFC draft's to date, Billyboy?...in truth, SNAKE finds that view in itself somewhat suspicious...SNAKE So what do you exactly think is "suspicious"??? :confused:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:06 am

...your post up above as SNAKE had already stated in the previous post (see/re-read above)...SNAKE We are talking about COMPUTERS (you can be suspicious about people, but computers, Snake? :rolleyes: ) Are you implying the computer program wanted to "screw you"? To cliche a phrase..... $hit happens!

There was no rule in place for what happened (affecting multiple players) as I think it is just implied that it is a "do over".

For example, the NFFC doesn't have a rule in place if someone (god forbid) had a heart attack during an auction. However, I don't think anyone would continue to bid in this situation, and there would obviously be a "do over" (if the draft even continued). Maybe not the best example, but the point is it affected MANY people (not one).

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:05 pm

Snake, I am TRULY sorry about re-doing Ahman Green. I know I said I would ONLY stop the auction if someone was booted out, but I know firsthand, that somehow, the bidding froze up when you bid $9 on him. I was willing to go to about $12...This is why I knew firsthand that it froze up...When I thought it was just my team that froze, I was going to just eat it. But when I realized that everyone bidding on Green had the same problem, I had to make that decision. It wasn't an easy one. That was the only part of the draft that I didn't enjoy making the executive decision. I do, however, feel that I made the right one. I also think you made the right decision to release him to be re-bid, after showing your disgust about the situation, which you had every right to do. I would be pissed too if I thought I got away with Green for $9...I totally understand.

Other than that, the draft went smooth. We started at abot 7:30 and ended just after 1AM...I challenge the guys/girls on the 14th to beat that...lol...And that was with 2 or 3 four minute bathroom breaks...lol

Marc

[ August 02, 2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."