The Dilemma/Chess Match and what would you do?

wizardbw

Post by wizardbw » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:32 am

The situation:

In one of the higher stakes leagues here, my opponent this week has romo and garrad. We are both hanging around the middle of the pack, hanging on the cliff's edge. So needless to say what I think his top bid will be this week.

I have about $80 more than him in budget, but I don't really need the guy that he desperately needs, at least not yet, knock on wood. And between his injuries and byes, he really really really needs Mr. Kitna.

If I do the "BAAAADDDDD" thing, I should (hopefully) beat him and be much better off for the coming weeks. But of course I would have a bare bone budget left for the final 5 weeks.

hmmmm.....what to do? what to do?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

particra

Post by particra » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 am

No mercy

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:37 am

Originally posted by wizardbw:
The situation:

In one of the higher stakes leagues here, my opponent this week has romo and garrad. We are both hanging around the middle of the pack, hanging on the cliff's edge. So needless to say what I think his top bid will be this week.

I have about $80 more than him in budget, but I don't really need the guy that he desperately needs, at least not yet, knock on wood. And between his injuries and byes, he really really really needs Mr. Kitna.

If I do the "BAAAADDDDD" thing, I should (hopefully) beat him and be much better off for the coming weeks. But of course I would have a bare bone budget left for the final 5 weeks.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:39 am

Strike first.
Strike hard.
No mercy.

wizardbw

Post by wizardbw » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Strike first.
Strike hard.
No mercy. No mercy is a good idea.

But using up almost every dollar for a bench guy is...tough!!

And he will get one of the other QBs out there...collins/moore/etc....

wizardbw

Post by wizardbw » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:51 am

But Kitna with those weapons is so unpredictably dangerous...

ahhh....lol....

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:05 am

I'm not sure going broke is a good idea. What if your team suffers more injuries? You might be better off with just losing this week IF that one lineup spot for him even makes a difference??? How do the rest of you and his matchups look this week? Can you beat him even if he gets 30 pts from his QB?

[ October 26, 2010, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:56 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by wizardbw:
The situation:

[/QUOTE]You do realize he^^^^ lost, right?

Get him a body bag!

If you are worried about your opponent getting Kitna, you might want to be looking at options to help your team. If there are other options at QB on the wire, who cares? If you must, bid a decent amount, but don't waste $$$$ for an attempted block. "Do you have a problem with that?" ;)

FYI: Kitna could easily be a surprise producer in that offense. He's going to be passing a ton, so at least garbage time will be there.

I wouldn't kill Austin yet, but would be worried Kitna might lock in on Williams, Bryant or better yet, Witten. With all the TE injuries, a healthy Witten might end the season as a value pick.

[ October 26, 2010, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: GOD Loves You ]
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:05 am

this tactic is right in the last couple of weeks to win the league or get into the play-offs...will come back to bite you if you do it imo.

wizardbw

Post by wizardbw » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:22 am

[/QUOTE]You do realize he^^^^ lost, right?

Get him a body bag!

If you are worried about your opponent getting Kitna, you might want to be looking at options to help your team. If there are other options at QB on the wire, who cares? If you must, bid a decent amount, but don't waste $$$$ for an attempted block. "Do you have a problem with that?" ;)

FYI: Kitna could easily be a surprise producer in that offense. He's going to be passing a ton, so at least garbage time will be there.

I wouldn't kill Austin yet, but would be worried Kitna might lock in on Williams, Bryant or better yet, Witten. With all the TE injuries, a healthy Witten might end the season as a value pick. [/QB][/quote]

oh, my team definitely needs help, just not at the QB slot..and I actually have witten, so I guess that's some kind of hedge...

ok team xxxxx, if you see this thread and recognize who you are, you know I won't put a "Big Block" (maybe a medium block) on you. But I do see few other teams that may also desperately need Mr. Kitna's services.

oh one thing, i love to play poker.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: