NFFC Trendsetters League: Setting The Trend

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:13 am

Thoughts. Not sure when the rookie placeholders are filled (drafted). If it's after the first preseason game ... those picks are too aggressive IMHO. If it's before camp opens ... than those picks are crazy aggressive with QB1's, RB2's and WR2s' still out there.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Thoughts. Not sure when the rookie placeholders are filled (drafted). If it's after the first preseason game ... those picks are too aggressive IMHO. If it's before camp opens ... than those picks are crazy aggressive with QB1's, RB2's and WR2s' still out there.

Big Mike They were filled the day after the NFL draft.

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

Big Mike Hey Big Mike,

How you doing, man?

I had rookie #2, the 62nd overall pick.

I took Jahvid Best RB DET with that pick as my #3 RB. I think it is very safe to assume Best will go prior to pick 62 in every single NFFC draft this year, assuming he is healthy entering the regular season. So, I respectfully consider it a value.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:24 am

That's why you get paid the big $$$$$$$.....

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:37 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

Big Mike Hey Big Mike,

How you doing, man?

I had rookie #2, the 62nd overall pick.

I took Jahvid Best RB DET with that pick as my #3 RB. I think it is very safe to assume Best will go prior to pick 62 in every single NFFC draft this year, assuming he is healthy entering the regular season. So, I respectfully consider it a value.
[/QUOTE]I am glad you are happy with Jahvid Best. My point was you were rolling the dice to get him (what if Det took a OL with the 30 pick). You are still rolling the dice now that you have him (he might not win the starting job or he might share time). Seems like McCoy (Phil) is a better pick at that point (although he is not 100% lock either) as he has proved he can play in the NFL and Westbrook is gone (and he was available at that point).

Some people like to roll the dice ;) Some of the time it pays off. Is his upside really that much higher than McCoy's? How about his downside (or the downside of someone else had he been picked by the Vikings at 30?) That's all I'm saying.

Things are good. Hope all is good with you. Don't take the comments too personal. Greg was asking for comments and I was just offering my take on the blind rookie picks. I do agree that the FIRST part of your roll hit (Best at Detroit). Lets see how the second part works out for you.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:23 am

Let's take a closer look at the fourth round today before unveiling the sixth round. At 4.02, Chris Gillman took Matt Schaub and said, "I choice Schaub over Romo here. I think picking an elite QB gives my team a strong foundation and good balance which is important in a DC."
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 am

Wayne Ellis grabbed Romo two picks later and said he would have taken Schaub if he were there: "I was really wanting Schaub here but Chris nabbed him 2 picks in front of me. I was pretty set on taking a QB here as none of the top ones would have made it back to me. Since there are so many uncertain situations at QB this year it would be very risky to take shots at QB's later only to find out that they had lost their starting positions. Romo is very safe and could easily put up 400 points in this format"
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:26 am

Jeff Dawson grabbed Michael Crabtree at 4.06 to team him up with Frank Gore and said: "Here is part II of the 49er connection.Showed great skills,for half season and training camp.I was looking for another #1 wr.,was it early?,maybe,but when he gets a full season under his belt,this pick will be a STEAL....I can tell you that if I didnt choose Micheal I was taken Vernon Davis."

[ April 28, 2010, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:30 am

Dan Thomas got some feedback from the other owners on his next pick at 4.07, Pierre Garcon, and said: "WOW!!!I took a beating for this one and I am probably going to get slammed for this comment but the way Manning was going to Garcon at the end of the season I thought he had assumed Marvin Harrison's rule in the offense."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:32 am

It was definitely a wild fourth round with even the owners having to defend their picks. Donnie D'Amico took Felix Jones at 4.08 and said: "Yezzir! Count me in as one of those drinking that ***** Jones Kool-Aid. Yeah, he's got health issues, but so do the other two. Marion Barber is no longer a beast and Tashard Choice had a couple of concussions last season, I'll go with ***** Jones all day! Another player who's a home run hitter every time he touches it."