3RR/KDS, What Do You Think?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:35 pm

damn nice job if you win the ULT eddie.

just be warned your crutch (you know...the thing that won you a lot of money and bragging rights) will soon be gone. LONG LIVE KDS3RR (until BBDS) comes along.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

Post by renman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:16 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Trust in me, Renman, trust in me. If Tom and I can't get the message out on KDS or 3RR, then we deserve to fail and hear those criticisms. I trust we'll have a great off-season of educating ahead of us if we go this way.

You have it wrong: This is not a one-year fix. And it's not solving world peace, just adding another dimension to what is already a great, great, competitive game. You can still win from any spot in the draft, but I'm REALLY trying to make that possible because 14 spots is a lot of spots!!! Remember, I said in my post that I PERSONALLY do not necessarily agree with the 3 drawbacks that I came up with about 3RR/KDS, I was just listing the "possible" issues you may run into since that was what was asked for in this thread. They were things I might imagine being issues to other people.

If the newer owners can be educated on this idea and be up to speed on it on draft day, I cannot foresee any problems. Whatever problems did arise I assume they would be worth it to quell the complaints about the current system. I think one of the most important things (assuming this is on the table for the 2007 main event) would be to get those currently in the NFFC family up to speed on this and go from there.

I guess the pre-draft facilitator meeting might include a little more intense class-work this coming year...lol

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:40 am

3RR/KDS is a nice step in the right direction. Teams 1-3 will have to make bigger decisions about the direction they want their teams to take knowing it will be a lot longer than normal for them to make thier 3rd pick. Bravo for thinking about taking this next step in our evolution.

I think this will make it harder for teams 4-6, but that is concern is offset by the bigger changes for teams 1-3 and 11-14.

Heck, it it were up to me, LJ, LT and SA would be thrown out of the players pool and that would "really" level the playing field. But... that's not going to happen, so bring on 3RR/KDS.

Pete

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:49 am

Changing to 3RR is reactionary.

Very few times will the preseason #1 pick be dead-on and not only be dead-on but also give a 10 point advantage...

Making a huge issue out of something that has happened once or twice since Fantasy Football has been invented.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:04 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:

Very few times will the preseason #1 pick be dead-on and not only be dead-on but also give a 10 point advantage...

Making a huge issue out of something that has happened once or twice since Fantasy Football has been invented. I'm curious. What's monkey mail, and why is it the best invention ever ?

Q

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:22 am

You can have a monkey deliver an email message for you.

I guess what I meant to say is that it is the best invention ever in the last three weeks that gives me something new to play with at work.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:25 am

You can have a monkey deliver an email message for you.

I guess what I meant to say is that it is the best invention ever in the last three weeks that gives me something new to play with at work. LOL!

does it work with outlook or is it a standalone mail program ?

Q

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:32 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
3RR/KDS is a nice step in the right direction. Teams 1-3 will have to make bigger decisions about the direction they want their teams to take knowing it will be a lot longer than normal for them to make thier 3rd pick. Bravo for thinking about taking this next step in our evolution.

I think this will make it harder for teams 4-6, but that is concern is offset by the bigger changes for teams 1-3 and 11-14.

Heck, it it were up to me, LJ, LT and SA would be thrown out of the players pool and that would "really" level the playing field. But... that's not going to happen, so bring on 3RR/KDS.

Pete Good post Pete. You drafted from the back this year, so you should know.

This is NOT a one year phenomenon with LT. And not only that, but this isn't about the first round picks. This is about leveling the field in the third round, where many of the key picks are had near the top of the third round. Switching that levels things out for all 14 teams, hopefully.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:38 am

Making a huge issue out of something that has happened once or twice since Fantasy Football has been invented. Felix,
Data is showing that players coming out of the 1-2-3 spot are WAY dominant over the rest of the field. LT/LJ, SA last yr, LT before that, Priest and his TD years, same with M.Faulk, E.Smith, B.Sanders etc, - only 1 or 2 teams have access to these studs PLUS they have the 1st pick in the 3rd round. 3RR makes 12-14 picks viable options since they now pick #1 in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. KDS options will be spread out opening more chances to land a 1,2 pick if so desired PLUS thwarting the edge the 1,2,3 seem to have drafting #1 in the 1st and 3rd rounds.

Q