Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Diesel

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:50 am

Tom, you're known to buy the first beer, so you're the man!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:20 pm

3INTBOY mentioned Jekyl & Hydes. That is a good theme returaunt. At the bar there, the bartender has a button that slowly lowers or raises any stools that he wants. So if someone is drinking a little too much, the bartenders just love to slowly lower the stools (of course the people never realize it), and watch how they react when they try and get up and realize that they are about a foot lower than everyone else.

* A place I recommend is Mars 2112. Kids and teens LOVE this place. It's like being abducted to Mars, and having a meal while your there. The most fun is when you enter. You start off in a space ship before reaching Mars 2112 for lunch...Check out the site...

http://www.mars2112.com/about.htm

ShowMe

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by ShowMe » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:12 pm

Diesel and 3int, thanks for the info. Will definitely do a few of those suggestions.

You too, BillyWaz. :rolleyes: Actually, I'll also be in your neck of the woods. My sister lives in Richmond and we'll be staying there for about a week.

Nag'

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by Nag' » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Ground Zero, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, USS Intrepid Museum, Museum of Natural History and all a must see. Circle Line (cruise around Manhattan) & Double-decker viewing buses are probably the best tours.
Avoid the horse carriage around Central Park - but Central Park itself is very scenic (at least to us, locals).
NY Stock Exchange tour is also very interesting as is the Metropolitan Opera tour (not just for the wifes).
Mid-town Fifth Avenue, Uptown Madison Avenue, Soho are the best places to shop or just roam around and if the weather is still in the 90s, there will be very few bras and quite a large number of miniskirts all around you, so if you're with your wife/girlfriend, be sure to wear sunglasses for your viewing pleasure.
Avoid the Broadway Theater district restaurants. Your best bet is to go by the Zagat ratings. Some of the better stake houses are BLT Steak, Sparks, Peter Lugers (Brooklyn). My personal favorites are Bouley, Gotham Bar & Grill, Union Square Cafe, Craft and BLT Fish.
As for nightlife, it's endless. If topless is your thing, Scores is ok, but you'll be down $200-$300 before you blink. There are literally thousands of bars and nightclubs so just consult your hotel's concierge, but downtown is the place to be. Don't make the mistake of going to Times Square to hang out, unless you're passing through.

Hope that was helpful. Any questions, fire away.
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:37 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by ShowMe:
Diesel,

I'm going to be in town for a few days during late July.

I'll have my 11-yr old son with me and he hasn't been to NYC before and I want to show him some of better sights. Definitely the Statue of Liberty, for one. We also have tix to the Yankees game one night. But, what are some other places that you would recommend for a child to see? Sights that he might not see again for a very long time.

Thanks in advance. I think a lap dance at Scores would be something he would remember for a very long time! ;)
[/QUOTE]Proof positive that when trying to be funny - people say incredibly stupid things! :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]Hey Route C, your sense of humor called.... he is looking for you!

Tom Kessenich

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:51 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Tom, you're known to buy the first beer, so you're the man! I treat my people well, no doubt about that. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:09 am

Isn't Jeckyl and Hyde's right down the street from the NY Hilton? Maybe we should move the draft festivities uptown a couple of blocks...

Diesel

Draft Day in N.Y.C.

Post by Diesel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:23 am

I'll hang out with anyone after the drafts on Sept. 2, but it doesn't look like I can make the main event on the 3rd this year. I'm doing the DraftChampions at 2 PM, and the Auction at 6 PM, but if anyone still has it in them to hang out for awhile, I'm there.

[ July 31, 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]