Friday Chat Has Begun

chich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by chich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:05 am

I just saw where the Rams may be without Wohlabaugh and possibly Turley to begin the season. Do they have a deep enough line to handle the losses - assuming Pace reports as expected.

[ August 13, 2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: chich ]

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:08 am

Good question. The offensive line is definitely an area of concern. If Pace reports, that'll obviously be a big help, but that's something to watch the rest of this pre-season. I'm not downgrading any of their skill guys yet, but I do want to see how things go with their offensive line.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

JB

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:41 am

Did you ever see my question about Atlanta RB situation?

Gordon Gekko

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:46 am

I see all you guys are sucking up to Steven Jackson now. Guess who told ya first. 5th round or he's gone. Faulk owners beware... :mad:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Diesel

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Diesel » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:47 am

Bad Management: #1-If you have a veteran Quarterback that has as bad of a season as Ryan Leaf or Rick Mirer could have ever had, do you let him start, regardless, the following season? #2-On the same team, same year, you have a top 8 runningback that played with a BROKEN LEG for 5 games, and still was the best producer all last year, do you start him, or do you p-iss him off by telling him and reporters that his job is up in the air bewteen him and another young RB? This is the situation in Buffalo, and I'm seeing a team broken by week 2-4.

[ August 13, 2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:48 am

Originally posted by JB:
Did you ever see my question about Atlanta RB situation? Sorry JB I missed it. I don't think the Falcons know who their starting RB is going to be. I do think Dunn will be very active -- he's a nice fit for the West Coast offense. But I also see Duckett as a guy they need to get some carries to. It could end up being an even split or maybe a slight edge to one of them. If I had to guess who'd get the edge, I'd probably give a little edge to Dunn if he's healthy. But Duckett should be the goal-line RB. I don't see how the Falcons can take him out of that role when he did so well there last season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:50 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Bad Management: #1-If you have a veteran Quarterback that has as bad of a season as Ryan Leaf or Rick Mirer could have ever had, do you let him start, regardless, the following season? #2-On the same team, same year, you have a top 8 runningback that played with a BROKEN LEG for 5 games, and still was the best producer all last year, do you start him, or do you **** him off by telling him and reporters that his job is up in the air bewteen him and another young RB? This is the situation in Buffalo, and I'm seeing a team broken by week 2-4. I think the Bills wanted to give Bledose one more shot with the hope that better coaching would help him improve upon his pathetic (and there's no other word to describe it) season he had last year. Will that work? Again, I don't think he can be worse, but there's no way he'll get to his 2002 level. No way. But if he fails again, that's why they drafted Losman.

I agree about Henry. I really think the Bills aren't showing him enough respect. The guy played hurt on a lousy team with no help and had a fine season. And yet all we hear about is McGahee, McGahee, McGahee. I honestly don't blame him for being a bit steamed by that.

For what it's worth, ESPNews said today Henry will ask for a trade if McGahee is given the starting job. That's definitely an uneasy situation there, no doubt about it.

[ August 13, 2004, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:53 am

Hey Tom or Greg. If the other owners don't mind, we'd love to have you and Greg in the Satellite Tournament.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

JB

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by JB » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:55 am

I don't mind...I would assume they'd get cash instead of a free entry

Tom Kessenich

Friday Chat Has Begun

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:57 am

Thanks for the offer Gordon. If it's in Vegas I'm definitely out since I'll be in NY. But with the prize being an automatic entry into next year's NFFC, I think it's probably best to keep the entrants to NFFC members. Just my take. Not sure how Greg will feel.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich