Skeptical Draft Order

Sound Advice

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by Sound Advice » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 am

Have you considered hiring the guy that wrote "The 100 Best Fantasy Football Players in the World"?
His ability to draw random names out of a hat is beyond reproach.

Seriously, I have no problem at all with finding out on the spot.
That would be pretty cool.
I think there is a slight advantage to knowing you pick 1 - 3 or 4, because you can set your first pick, and fill in your strategy. Not so much so from the end of the line. It's hard to figure your 2 and 3 when you don't know your 1.
It would certainly be a lot of fun.
And you could still choose your draft position in order that you are picked.

I'm for a separate thread with a vote to see what everyone thinks. However the vote turns out, it should be considered food for thought for Tom and Greg, not an absolute mandate.

Sack

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by Sack » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:55 am

Alot of fun waiting for the Draft Spots and Leaguemates posted to the board one week prior to the actual event.

For my $1250 investment, I want that week to plan my strategy.

I'd be 100% against picking the spots "day of" the draft. I want to walk in that room and go to work, not wait for my spot and draft on the fly. Could I do it? sure. Would I want to handle it that way? Resounding NO.

KAPEFEAR2

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by KAPEFEAR2 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:55 am

I agree 100% with sack. that week to prepare is huge.You can go to Mock Draft Central all week and get a feel for the upcoming draft.Anyways Gregg and Tom have enough to worry about on draft day.

FRISHMAN

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by FRISHMAN » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:19 am

I'm guessing you've had two months to figure strategy. Unless you have the top three picks, you don't even know who will be left for you in the first round, let alone the next 17. As far as the next reply "Greg and Tom" have enough to worry about.....it takes 15 minutes (far less than splitting the atom).

Originally posted by Sack:
Alot of fun waiting for the Draft Spots and Leaguemates posted to the board one week prior to the actual event.

For my $1250 investment, I want that week to plan my strategy.

I'd be 100% against picking the spots "day of" the draft. I want to walk in that room and go to work, not wait for my spot and draft on the fly. Could I do it? sure. Would I want to handle it that way? Resounding NO.

D-Day Heroes

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:45 am

......... Greg ..... Great response..!!! Tonights opening Night, so its time to bury this subject.... But let me just close with this. I'm so sick and tired of all these " Mamalukes " that put so much STOCK in the number one pick... or any first round pick..... I wish someone would do a POLL... and show how many times the guy with the number one pick.... WON THE LEAGUE. I'd Be willing to bet it is less than 20 %. So enough already with " My Fantasy World Revolves " around the first round.... their are 18 ROUNDS and most leagues are WON in the middle and late round PICKS........NUFF SAID...!!!
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

lichtman

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by lichtman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:10 am

D-Day -- If the #1 pick wins the league anywhere near 20% of the time nobody would ever pay to play fantasy football ever again.

Think about it -- if #1 in NFFC was a 15% chance of winning, that would be twice as likely as the average of all the other picks. I'd be surprised if any pick was more than 10%.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

D-Day Heroes

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:45 am

______ Lee ____ Your more than right...its probally closer to 2 % _______ Which only reinforces my point MORE..... A Winning Draft takes 18 Rounds ___ Not One....!!
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

FRISHMAN

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by FRISHMAN » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:57 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
______ Lee ____ Your more than right...its probally closer to 2 % _______ Which only reinforces my point MORE..... A Winning Draft takes 18 Rounds ___ Not One....!! Great point....not. Jeez, why is their a draft order for the regular N.F.L. draft? Or why do we use the kentucky derby system here? Why do we pick certain kids first for kickball in the second grade? I'm sure both of you didn't select 12 for your first choice in this draft...right. Obviously there is some weight for a top three pick...let's be honest with ourselves. Come back to reality and join us.

lichtman

Skeptical Draft Order

Post by lichtman » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:17 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
______ Lee ____ Your more than right...its probally closer to 2 % _______ Which only reinforces my point MORE..... A Winning Draft takes 18 Rounds ___ Not One....!! Well, 2% is too far the other way. That would mean that #1 is the worst pick.

And Steelers -- please read posts before you respond to them.

[ September 08, 2006, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Lee Scoresby ]
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.