R.I.P. James Cummings????

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:46 am

I noticed this team name while looking through the standings. Did James leave the world or just the events?

I know he made a few postings on the mb's, but I never met him in person. I did compete against him in both baseball and football and even though I never saw his name mentioned among the top tier players, he was one of the best in my book.

Seriously, James was one of the better players in the NFFC/NFBC. If he was in my league, I knew he was going to be one of the better owners and he proved it every single time.

Kevin, if you happen to read this and James is indeed deceased, sorry to hear about your loss.....but if he knew Where he was going, at least you can rejoice.

Greg/Tom, are you aware of anything regarding this??
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:42 am

GLY....where u been? I missed ya man

I also noticed this team name and was curious if it was a tribute or (hopefully) just an inside joke.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:35 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
GLY....where u been? I missed ya man

I also noticed this team name and was curious if it was a tribute or (hopefully) just an inside joke. I'm always around, but...to be honest, the mb's have lost their luster in the past year or so.....and no, not because of SNAKE, it's a culmination of many things. I've realize many postings/banter are a waste of time and I can waste my time doing something else. BTW, congrats on making the championship round....AGAIN!

Also, it wasn't an inside joke. R.I.P. James Cummings. I pray that Kevin and his family are doing well.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:52 am

I remember seeing his team listed and maybe a post or two but I didn't know him.

Does anyone know what happened?

My prayers go out to the Cummings family. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:52 pm

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
I remember seeing his team listed and maybe a post or two but I didn't know him.

Does anyone know what happened?

My prayers go out to the Cummings family. I'm truly sorry for your loss. James and his son Kevin have been with us since the NFBC and NFFC started in 2004. James loved drafting on the computer and had great success in both football and baseball satellite leagues and Kevin represented the team at the live events. They have been among our most successful teams in both events over the last five years.

James passed away during the baseball season, I believe. I talked with Kevin briefly before football and I know fantasy sports was a great bond for the pair. I'm glad the NFBC and NFFC were a part of their lives and I hope Kevin continues to play with us. Our condolences go to him for his father's loss earlier this year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

jtckcc

Post by jtckcc » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:05 am

Just noticed these messages on the boards. Thank you all so much for your kind words about my Dad.

My Dad loved fantasy sports and even though he was ill, he enjoyed following "his" players. We spent many evenings talking sports and planning our moves and strategies.

He passed away on Easter Sunday and I wanted to keep his memory alive in the NFFC and NFBC.

By the way,guys, I'm sure he's watching over me and still lending a hand, so watch out next season!

Best Regards,
Kevin

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Originally posted by jtckcc:
Just noticed these messages on the boards. Thank you all so much for your kind words about my Dad.

My Dad loved fantasy sports and even though he was ill, he enjoyed following "his" players. We spent many evenings talking sports and planning our moves and strategies.

He passed away on Easter Sunday and I wanted to keep his memory alive in the NFFC and NFBC.

By the way,guys, I'm sure he's watching over me and still lending a hand, so watch out next season!

Best Regards,
Kevin You're right Kevin, he is watching your every move. That's a given. Your dad really enjoyed picking and following his teams and you guys had one heckuva run a few years back in baseball and then that same year in football. I knew you and him enjoyed that time together and that's what it's all about. Glad to see some others recognized your dad for that skill and they should also know you were a big part of that team and will carry on the tradition.

Best of all to you and your family.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius