Gekko's Pre-Playoff Newsletter

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:06 pm

Congrats to the 31 other teams in the playoffs. It’s going to be a fun three weeks. Just to tidy up a little business before the playoffs officially start…

I’d like to thank all of the supporters and doubters of Team Gekko. Without you our "run" couldn't have happened.

I’d like to think Team Gekko held its own so far…
Main Event League = 2nd place (most points)
Main Event Overall Points Ranking = 8th
Auction League = 1st place (most points)

With that said, I will promptly lose the 2nd round of the auction playoffs, as well as finish 32nd out of the main event playoff teams.

On to the playoff rankings…after running ALL the “numbers”, here are the top 8 playoff teams (in random order) courtesy of the IBM mainframe at Gekko Industries...
Yiz fancy pants
She Hate Me
Team New
LB Big Richards
Dyv
CC Desperados
Incredible Hulking Us
Gekko

I know, some of you have your feelings hurt, but hey, prove me wrong.

On a side note, if Team Gekko happens to win the 100K, I will cover the NFFC (Auction or DC) entry fee for Team "After The Fall". I met the owner in Vegas (seemed like a nice guy), traded barbs on the MB, and was in LV3 with him. He got a bad beatdown due to H2H scheduling. Little does Rick know, that in defeat, his team has become THE poster-team of why high-stakes H2H is bad, inefficient, sucks, etc... (choose you own word that fits). Your sacrifice will be remembered. Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

What's the rumpus?

Post by What's the rumpus? » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:38 pm

You are having a great year no doubt, but if you are posting your NFFC resume, shouldn't your less than stellar performance in draftmasters be included?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:46 pm

Originally posted by What's the rumpus?:
You are having a great year no doubt, but if you are posting your NFFC resume, shouldn't your less than stellar performance in draftmasters be included? are you posting about me again?

anyways, i'm 5th out of 14 teams. where are you, fourth? i'd say 5th is okay for being in an event like that for the first time. drafting s.smith really hurt us though.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:13 pm

Originally posted by What's the rumpus?:
You are having a great year no doubt, but if you are posting your NFFC resume, shouldn't your less than stellar performance in draftmasters be included? Don't forget about the eponymous Gekko Invitational!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:17 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
On to the playoff rankings…after running ALL the “numbers”, here are the top 8 playoff teams (in random order) courtesy of the IBM mainframe at Gekko Industries...
Yiz fancy pants
She Hate Me
Team New
LB Big Richards
Dyv
CC Desperados
Incredible Hulking Us
Gekko
The King of Queens will provide some additional predictions for the Playoff Extravaganza. Stay tuned...

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:48 pm

Gordon curious to know where my team ranks MGBS109 Do enjoy your postings Totally forgot about weekly prize as I was concentrating on trying to win League Championship Manning Jersey in record year is a nice bonus. Wish you and all of the other teams best of luck in playoffs Happy with my season already anything else would be gravy By the way Blalock though splitting carries will start on Moday night 2 takes on KC Take 1 which I would like to see Majotity of touches go to Blalock to see if he can replace Priest who might retire or showcasing Johnson for trade because still feel Vermeil favors Blalock who is better receiver which would be take 2 less attractive 1 for my team Though think both are good slot players regardless

Marty

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:03 pm

Originally posted by MGB MARTY:
Gordon curious to know where my team ranks MGBS109 top 16. your WR's could seal your fate. if stokley gets two stinker games...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:04 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by What's the rumpus?:
You are having a great year no doubt, but if you are posting your NFFC resume, shouldn't your less than stellar performance in draftmasters be included? Don't forget about the eponymous Gekko Invitational! [/QUOTE]you mean that experimental league were i tried a different strategy. last i knew i was in the playoffs, but that was week 5.

What's the rumpus?

Post by What's the rumpus? » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:35 am

Good Lord son. Even the simps are gonna cringe over this one. The veils are becoming thinner and thinner.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:08 am

GG
I was hoping you'd patronize me by slipping me into the top 8 since I probably lead the MB regulars in agreeing with you. :D

I'm leaning toward you (wouldn't that p*ss off alot of MB regulars LOL) and Dave to battle it out in week 16. Your team has undoubtably been one of the hottest over the last month. On the other hand JJ might be the final piece for Dave.

Brady will be a huge wild card for you as will the NYG rough schedule for Barber owners.

The lack of solid RB's will be my downfall. Although - I haven't had them all year and somehow finished 2nd overall. :rolleyes:

Being the only Moss owner could help if he ever returns to his early season form.

Good luck to all - (not really :D )

RC