NFFC Classic: Best Return On Investment In The NFFC

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:59 am

The projected NFFC Classic payback % was 72.83%, that could've hurt signups evening out the ROI to where people would play.

I think 2 people have won 3 leagues, the second one is really good looking and did it in only 6 years but I don't know who he is.

[ August 24, 2011, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

Syracuse Slappers

Post by Syracuse Slappers » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
...I talked to many folks who sought my opinion as to where to play this year (not just ex-WCOFF). I equally sang the praises of the NFFC and FFPC. I was surprised that about 80% chose your competitor and one of the biggest reasons was KDS & 3RR.
I don't want to insult any of the folks that asked for my recommendations, but I got the feeling they didn't want to invest the time into learning new concepts. Doesn't matter if you, me and NFFC die-hards like these and know they aren't hard things to grasp. They are NEW concepts to a vast majority of folks....
Just sayin'... I agree Jules....this was initially why I havent played here but I can tell you after doing a few drafts, I like it alot. It puts another "spin" on drafting.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:31 am

I would love to enter. I wish the baseball season finished before the football season started cos I'm gonna win my baseball OC then that would pay for this!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:32 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
The projected NFFC Classic payback % was 72.83%, that could've hurt signups evening out the ROI to where people would play. The projected payout for the Classic was nearly 76%. You can see a breakdown of all the high-stakes events in the thread Greg started several months ago. Link is below:

http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 1;t=006385
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:55 am

Something I have read the past couple of years after the regular season is over and you crunch the numbers you explain how all the draft spots are represented in the playoffs. You also explained at one time how this changed the balance of draft spots making the playoffs from when you ran the regular serpentine. This was great info and if presented as an explanation of why you do 3RR might enlighten some new people. Maybe an example of three top ten teams from the year before and their different spots in the draft, 1-5, 6-10, 11-14, and how they built their teams to win with KDS. I know this seems obvious to us now but new people could really learn from examples.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:14 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but since one of my favorite formats is about to take a hit, I'm posting it.

I talked to many folks who sought my opinion as to where to play this year (not just ex-WCOFF). I equally sang the praises of the NFFC and FFPC. I was surprised that about 80% chose your competitor and one of the biggest reasons was KDS & 3RR.

I don't want to insult any of the folks that asked for my recommendations, but I got the feeling they didn't want to invest the time into learning new concepts.

Doesn't matter if you, me and NFFC die-hards like these and know they aren't hard things to grasp. They are NEW concepts to a vast majority of folks. And sometimes people just don't want to sit down and learn something new.

Just sayin'... Those are good points. I think from a personal standpoint, I think people are resistant to change also. Personally, doing multimple teams in the same format, I would prefer it was random. It is a battle between setting the KDS the same on all, which you think is correct( but have to have it in a little too soon and things can change), and then ending up with same or similar spots in every one. Especially when one or two injuries can drastically change where your KDS should be set. In the big cash leagues I like the idea of doing it right beforehand. Name gets drawn and he says where he wants to pick. That is ideal from my experiences in those types of leagues. In general games though I would have lean to strictly random as it sort of protects me against myself if that makes sense. I would prefer random and could take or leave the 3rd round reversal since it would be random anyway. . I think traditional methods are better for business growth, but probably not going to be the consensus among your great client base that have established attachments to the KDS and 3RR. No matter how it works, I will play here as long as I play fantasy football.

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:14 am

Tom- you are right the payback is 76% based on $1400 if you got a deal on the event fee. It is 72.83% if you paid $1450.

The FFPC payback is even lower, 72.35% when looking at event fees. But higher (78.18%) if you didn't pay their event fee or drafted online because their event fee is much higher.

What I think it says is the more important the payback is to people the more this will become an online event...

[ August 24, 2011, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 am

I think striking the balance between choice (3RR and KDS) and growing the business could be easy.

Keep the 14 team classic the same with KDS and 3RR and do it all labor day weekend. With all drafts completed prior to the first game.

Change the 12 team primetime to non KDS/3RR and have it all opening weekend with all drafts occuring after the first game, but prior to Sunday kickoff. This allows you to compete in the 12 team market on a higher level by having the ability to draw in more new blood that has not taken the time or does not want to take the time to understand the true benefit of 3RR and KDS. (I prefer KDS/3RR, but growth is about the masses and your die-hards will not leave the space because of the change)

As new people enter the 12 team market and learn just how rock solid the NFFC is and how great Tom and Greg are with their customers, they will be likely to expand into the 14 team format.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
The projected NFFC Classic payback % was 72.83%, that could've hurt signups evening out the ROI to where people would play.

I think 2 people have won 3 leagues, the second one is really good looking and did it in only 6 years but I don't know who he is. I'm not sure where you got your percentage of payback from but it's not correct. I broke this all down before. Maybe you're not taking into consideration the Consolation Prizes or something else, but here's the payback and this doesn't even include the Combined Standings prizes which go towards the Classic and Primetime:

Payout Percentage:
NFFC Classic: 75.70%
NFFC Primetime: 78.60%
WCOFF: 66.0%
FFPC: 78.20%

Here's the link with all of the data:
http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 006385;p=1
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius