Snake Classic

wayne123

Snake Classic

Post by wayne123 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:52 pm

OK...I choose to vent...

It seems that last year you were on the cutting edge of fantasy football. Unfortunately, you have now fallin over that edge into the zone of really really bad ideas. Take it from one who walks the comedy edge quite often. If you fall too far over the edge, you might never climb out.

I beg you Snake...reach up and grab my hand!

Its not too late!!!!!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

GOD Loves You

Snake Classic

Post by GOD Loves You » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:34 am

Points are definitely better than free agent $$$$$.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

wayne123

Snake Classic

Post by wayne123 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:21 am

GLY,

How many points will you give me if I will change my vote?

I just want to establish that while I believe strongly in this issue and I think that bidding weekly fantasy points on draft position could possibly be the worst idea since breast reduction surgery, I can be bought!

Lets start the bribes at 3 points per week!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

RiFF

Snake Classic

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:01 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Points are definitely better than free agent $$$$$. Ditto....might change definitely to infinitely... :D

[ July 04, 2007, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: RiFF ]

RiFF

Snake Classic

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:07 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
OK...I choose to vent...

It seems that last year you were on the cutting edge of fantasy football. Unfortunately, you have now fallin over that edge into the zone of really really bad ideas. Take it from one who walks the comedy edge quite often. If you fall too far over the edge, you might never climb out.

I beg you Snake...reach up and grab my hand!

Its not too late!!!!! Blue, curious why Mystery Cat is so opposed to using points. You've said you and MC really don't believe its a great idea but didn't explain why. Possibly not, but I assume you believe some draft slots are more favorable than others. For discussion sake, let's say you believe Slot #1 is better than some of the others because you believe LT is going to have another good year. (Which may or may not be how you and the Cat actually feel) So how does having to bid points to acquire that slot, which will to some degree neutralize the advantage LT gives that slot cause you to say "you have now fallin over that edge into the zone of really really bad ideas"? If you and the Cat have some perspective I haven't considered, I'd really like to hear it. And of course, there is no imperative to bid any points for a slot and you will be assigned a slot based on your KDS after all slots that receive bids are assigned. Enlighten us Blue, and possibly help us to come back over from the "dark side".

wayne123

Snake Classic

Post by wayne123 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:46 pm

Riff,

I have honestly not consulted Mystery on this issue. I know that his opinion adds credibility to anything I might say...but, I am on my own on this one. So, I will do my best to support my position without the help of Tibetian wisdom, Navajo spirtualism, or NFL insider knowledge. Here it goes:

1. I never liked handicapping in bowling leagues.
2. I think all games should be won and lost on the field each week and not before the season starts.
3. Sure, it looks cool during a track meet when the runners enter the turn and everthing evens out, but it would look even cooler if they were allowed to switch lanes and trip each other.
4. The option you suggest (not to bid) reminds me of a line from an old Rush song..."if you chose not to decide, you still have made a choice".
5. I seem to remember that they tried this in Russia once.
6. If I beat LT...I want it to be legit!
7. Math sucks.
8. This rule might put the league just one injury away from status as a season long waste of time.
9. There has to be some other cutting edge around here!
10. I get a queezy feeling in my amagondala every time I think about giving up points in week twelve for a draft position before the season starts...can't you people see that this is an abomination of the fantasy gods' plan for us! What if we all die horrible deaths because we agreed to this? Worse, what if our field goal kickers all suck? All I know is this is powerful stuff and we should be careful and respectful of it. Its like spiking vodka. Whats the point? All you really need is more vodka!!!

OK, thats my top ten justifications. I would ask Mystery, but I have to sleep sometime and I think I already know what his reaction might be. Perhaps I will lock up the food in such a way that one needs a thumb to get to it. Then I will ask him.

Somebody help me....vote against this insanity before it is too late!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

RiFF

Snake Classic

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:28 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
Riff,

I have honestly not consulted Mystery on this issue. I know that his opinion adds credibility to anything I might say...but, I am on my own on this one. So, I will do my best to support my position without the help of Tibetian wisdom, Navajo spirtualism, or NFL insider knowledge. Here it goes:

1. I never liked handicapping in bowling leagues.
2. I think all games should be won and lost on the field each week and not before the season starts.
3. Sure, it looks cool during a track meet when the runners enter the turn and everthing evens out, but it would look even cooler if they were allowed to switch lanes and trip each other.
4. The option you suggest (not to bid) reminds me of a line from an old Rush song..."if you chose not to decide, you still have made a choice".
5. I seem to remember that they tried this in Russia once.
6. If I beat LT...I want it to be legit!
7. Math sucks.
8. This rule might put the league just one injury away from status as a season long waste of time.
9. There has to be some other cutting edge around here!
10. I get a queezy feeling in my amagondala every time I think about giving up points in week twelve for a draft position before the season starts...can't you people see that this is an abomination of the fantasy gods' plan for us! What if we all die horrible deaths because we agreed to this? Worse, what if our field goal kickers all suck? All I know is this is powerful stuff and we should be careful and respectful of it. Its like spiking vodka. Whats the point? All you really need is more vodka!!!

OK, thats my top ten justifications. I would ask Mystery, but I have to sleep sometime and I think I already know what his reaction might be. Perhaps I will lock up the food in such a way that one needs a thumb to get to it. Then I will ask him.

Somebody help me....vote against this insanity before it is too late!
5. I ask again; do you and MC have some perspective I HAVEN'T considered?? :eek:

wayne123

Snake Classic

Post by wayne123 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:44 pm

Somewhere in your response, RiFF, a whole lot of comedy was lost. Let me put it another way...

I really do not have any reasonable position beyond the fact that I do not like it!

Thats my position. I feel it is a solid position on its own and I am sticking to it. I also don't like yellow shirts with brown polka dots. I would vote against them if asked what we all should wear during the draft. If someone where to ask: "why don't you like yellow shirts with brown polka dots?" I could give some reasons, but in the end...it comes down to the simple fact that I DONT LIKE YELLOW SHIRTS WITH BROWN POLKA DOTS. I don't like the idea of bidding points on draft slots. AND....I don't like breast reduction surgery!!!

So, there it is Lads! My position rests on the grounds of the simple realization that I do not like the idea. If enough of us stand up to those who feel we need to have "reasons" for our opinions....we can avoid being convinced!!

So....who is with me!!!!! Charge!!!!!!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

gomizzouman

Snake Classic

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:07 pm

Points is the way to go!
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.