Does Fanball own FFOC

BillyWaz

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:41 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Then this sounds like a conversation you should have with Ryan. Greg has told you he'll provide Ryan's contact info if you want it. He can answer here, No?

John
[/QUOTE]Yes, he sure can John. And I've told him you are asking these questions here. You guys can enlighten all of us about FFOC on the NFFC boards while you're at it. Go for it.

Again, you can contact me for Ryan's number or email if you want to go over your conversation with him. If that's your source, then you two can talk. I have no dealings with FFOC, so talk with Ryan and let us all know my friend. In the meantime, Tom and I need to get NFFC live.
[/QUOTE]ok, no problem sounds good. Will wait until Ryan answer here.

Thanks,

John
[/QUOTE]LET IT GO, JOHN! Tom gave you personal contact info for Ryan, deal with it in private, not sure anyone else cares.

This is from someone who helped flood the boards with nonsense for years with the BillyWaz/Snake crap, so I would like to consider myself experienced when I see posts like this. ;)

[ April 16, 2010, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

hammer

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by hammer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:20 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Then this sounds like a conversation you should have with Ryan. Greg has told you he'll provide Ryan's contact info if you want it. He can answer here, No?

John
[/QUOTE]Yes, he sure can John. And I've told him you are asking these questions here. You guys can enlighten all of us about FFOC on the NFFC boards while you're at it. Go for it.

Again, you can contact me for Ryan's number or email if you want to go over your conversation with him. If that's your source, then you two can talk. I have no dealings with FFOC, so talk with Ryan and let us all know my friend. In the meantime, Tom and I need to get NFFC live.
[/QUOTE]ok, no problem sounds good. Will wait until Ryan answer here.

Thanks,

John
[/QUOTE]LET IT GO, JOHN! Tom gave you personal contact info for Ryan, deal with it in private, not sure anyone else cares.

This is from someone who helped flood the boards with nonsense for years with the BillyWaz/Snake crap, so I would like to consider myself experienced when I see posts like this. ;)
[/QUOTE]LOL

Billy, that is the best thing I've read on this message board so far this year

BLACKHAND

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:53 am

my feelings on this : i have total trust in greg and tom. this is an absolute trust. they are men of honor and integrity. NOW..do i have that trust about ryan , the answer is no. im not saying i dont trust him but i do not trust him like i do greg and tom. it took 12 pm over 3 weeks to answer a simple question during the year. i know john ( as a friend )and i do beleve him as 3 other people were there when ryan said that to john. whether they want to step up and say that in public is up to them. telling me something in private is ok but lets tell the truth here.the past is the past. lets feel good about the nfl season and the draft. one way to feel good about the nfl season would be to at least know the city which are drafting in with exact dates and times for different drafts.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Diesel

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Diesel » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Fantasy ballers...I was at this dinner, but I honestly don't remember this conversation. I'm not saying it happened or didn't. I just wasn't at a position at the table to hear all conversations. I was at the end of a table that was 3 on each side, so you find yourself out of conversations that are away from you. Plus, it was around an hour after the main event, so my head was still FILLED with who I just drafted and if my season was going to go well, which it didn't...lol...surprise!

I think, 1-We are so used to replies from Greg and Tom so quickly, that when we email a question and it doesn't get answered right away lately, it makes us spoiled fantasy ballers wonder if this new change is going to alter the personal touch the NFFC has had the major advantage over all other events for the last 6 years...So that's where this probably got out of hand...No email reply.(But I've heard that baseball needed extra attention...freakin' baseball...the "other sport"...)

I have brought many people into the NFFC, whether I got a referral or not, since day 1...Because I believe in the passion, honesty and integrity Tom and Greg have shown us. I've had many private messages saying, "thanks for the advice" or "thanks for explaining a certain format"...

So barring an NFFC tattoo, I'm all NFFC.

With this, I read through these posts, and having NEVER dealt with the FFOC, I have no idea what that was about, other than they owe people money. In my opinion, Ryan is best to answer this here and get the million dollar elephant out of the room.

What stands out to me here is reading that "Fanball does not own the FFOC"...and "Why is Fanball cutting the checks for the FFOC"? These answers could complete this two page thread on hypotheticals.

I always go with my gut and my gut tells me Greg and Tom would never let ANYTHING happen to their baby, even if they sold it. They're still here. They wouldn't be here if they didn't trust it. I honestly believe money is a huge part of it, but not ALL of it for Greg and Tom. If I were ever proven wrong, I would bow out of anything I don't run again. The NFFC, in my opinion, will never be in the same category as fantasyjungle, affl, or ffoc...But as I said before, Ryan please take a minute to iron this out.

My 2 cents,

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BLACKHAND

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:26 am

MARC , point well taken. if fanball does not or did not own ffoc why would checks being cut by fanball. also what bugs me is the fact the ryan is being slamed here with no response at all.NOT A GOOD SIGN. either say it is true and basicly call john a liar or start fresh and make everyone feel good again.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Team Legacy

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm

I must say... as a subscriber to both NFFC events...

We see a lot of outlandish things on FF boards, but rarely do we see something so critical as the claims made here without even a peep as to their validity. The reason I think its a legitimate question which requires Ryan's answer is because Fanball apparently was cutting checks for FFOC. Other than a few non-profits, I have NEVER heard of a company cutting checks for someone if they are not also part owners in that company.

My inbox is flooded with people who ARE wondering what the story IS and guys, it DOES matter to a lot of high stakes participants.

Do you think this question can just be ignored and it will go away? I just don't understand the lack of respect being given to a customer concern on a public board. Greg and Tom have always prided themselves on customer support and I think we'd all like to see this trend continue for the entire leadership team at NFFC.

If nothing else, by NOT answering, Ryan is either saying:

a. Fanball owns FFOC and he does not want to admit it.
b. He was not being truthful in his comment to John.
c. He just doesn't give a crap.

Can anybody think of a D? Oh, that's right D. "Haven't had the time to respond." I've been as busy as they come at times in my life, now more than ever, and I can't imagine any excuse to go days on end without even a response, especially something like this. At this point, don't even try bringing us the "sorry, I've been dealing with bigger issues" thing. It takes 5 minutes to post a response and if nothing else, he could have easily relayed to Greg what's going on or at the very least level of customer service, that he's unavailable to respond until X.

The NFFC is now owned by a new company, Fanball, so all that past NFFC players have to judge them on is their baseball contest to date and how they have run the FFOC. So what gives exactly Greg? We know you're not involved, but I ask you because, well, you're THE MAN here. I'm sure you talked to Ryan about this. Where is he? I'm sure you told him your customers expect a response. I'm sure you expect it too, you've said as much. Either it was said or it wasn't, and for me, it's important that my annual contest money goes to guys that give their players their all.

Isn't it time to end this?

[ April 19, 2010, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: FPA - Scott Atkins ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:07 am

Scott, yes, Ryan will gladly come on here and respond to your posts and John's posts. I can honestly say that I never heard anyone say that Fanball owned FFOC before Raiders started posting this. Did anyone say last year, "Is Fanball guaranteeing the $1 million?" "Why did Fanball let $10 entry fees have a shot at the $1 million?" "Why isn't Fanball retaining Jerry Rice as commissioner?"

I never heard any of that. Heck, unless I'm missing something everyone thought the guy from Papa John's owned this and Stan ran it. I honestly don't know much about that contest -- I couldn't even tell you the league rules -- but I can tell you that until the post asked the question I'm not sure who associated Fanball as anything other than the back-end provider.

Yes, Ryan will come on here and address this not only for your sake but the NFFC's too. I know how FFOC has taken our business away over the last two years, but I never thought a rumor would get in the way.

I asked about St. Louis being the address and payments and was given this answer: "Poised to Stomp wanted the law for arbitration set up in St. Louis since they were a foreign entity and they would want our help to deal with any
issues."

As you know, they are based out of Toronto and even Matt Bauler said he was paid right away in Las Vegas with a check that couldn't go through the U.S. banks. Fanball wired the money instead. I don't know anything more than that, but if FFOC asked Fanball to pay out prizes it seems like a reasonable request.

I sure don't feel like THE MAN in a rumor about something I know nothing about. But you're right, Ryan can explain better than me. I'm just busy working on all of our 2010 plans, a new web site, a new message board, hotels in multiple locations and everything else that should have been done months ago. Instead, I spend more time on this than anything else. Good luck to all who won in the other contests, but hopefully our upcoming plans will bring you back to our unique contest this year. We're working on it all now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:26 am

And Scott, I'll add one more thing: I admire anyone who wants to fight for the fantasy players. I'm sure you don't realize this, but myself, Charlie Wiegert and 10 other businessmen created the Fantasy Sports Players Association in 1999 to protect the fantasy players. At that time we saw a few game operators take the money and run and the biggest company in the industry at that time -- Replica Corporation -- didn't pay out their prizes. Many of us top company reps felt it was time to organize an association and make sure this didn't happen again.

The FSPA eventually grew to 100+ companies and our fight expanded to include legislation to make fantasy sports legal and of course licensing. CDM took the ball on its own with the licensing battle and won against MLBAM and in time we changed the name of our organization to the Fantasy Sports Trade Association. I was the president of that organization for 4 years and a board member for 7 years, but am no longer involved with the FSTA. Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone isn't working through the FSTA to protect the players as the FPA would now be the fourth trade association in the industry, joining FSWA and FSA.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just wishing as they say "we could all get along!!" Have you asked the FSTA if there is a role for a players protection committee within their organization or are there better reasons for a separate organization? Just asking, not acting like I know the answer.

Anyway, good luck with this and let me know how I can help. I've been a proponent of our industry paying the customers their winnings at all costs from the get-go and I've seen the damage being done to our industry through the last several years. Remember, I was just a magazine editor for 14 years before jumping into games 7 years ago. I hope no other company fails to pay their winners, but that's unlikely to happen with the wild models out there now. It's definitely a Buyer Beware Industry and because of that I totally agree with Lenny when he says legislative and Big Brother will be upon us soon. He's totally right with his take on this.

Feel free to answer me in another thread. This isn't the place for this discussion. I want NFFC threads on the NFFC boards. Take the rest to the FFOC boards please. That is NOT my contest.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Leroy's Aces

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Leroy's Aces » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
And Scott, I'll add one more thing: I admire anyone who wants to fight for the fantasy players. I'm sure you don't realize this, but myself, Charlie Wiegert and 10 other businessmen created the Fantasy Sports Players Association in 1999 to protect the fantasy players. At that time we saw a few game operators take the money and run and the biggest company in the industry at that time -- Replica Corporation -- didn't pay out their prizes. Many of us top company reps felt it was time to organize an association and make sure this didn't happen again.

The FSPA eventually grew to 100+ companies and our fight expanded to include legislation to make fantasy sports legal and of course licensing. CDM took the ball on its own with the licensing battle and won against MLBAM and in time we changed the name of our organization to the Fantasy Sports Trade Association. I was the president of that organization for 4 years and a board member for 7 years, but am no longer involved with the FSTA. Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone isn't working through the FSTA to protect the players as the FPA would now be the fourth trade association in the industry, joining FSWA and FSA.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just wishing as they say "we could all get along!!" Have you asked the FSTA if there is a role for a players protection committee within their organization or are there better reasons for a separate organization? Just asking, not acting like I know the answer.

Anyway, good luck with this and let me know how I can help. I've been a proponent of our industry paying the customers their winnings at all costs from the get-go and I've seen the damage being done to our industry through the last several years. Remember, I was just a magazine editor for 14 years before jumping into games 7 years ago. I hope no other company fails to pay their winners, but that's unlikely to happen with the wild models out there now. It's definitely a Buyer Beware Industry and because of that I totally agree with Lenny when he says legislative and Big Brother will be upon us soon. He's totally right with his take on this.

Feel free to answer me in another thread. This isn't the place for this discussion. I want NFFC threads on the NFFC boards. Take the rest to the FFOC boards please. That is NOT my contest. Greg, I am glad we all have aligned interests in protecting player rights.

Having seen firsthand the two fantasy sports trade shows this year, I will say they are certainly TRADE shows, as in for the trade. There was no discussion of player protection, improving customer service, or any of that at either show that I can recall. While they may be good at representing and congregating companies, they certainly do not represent my interest as a high stakes fantasy football player. By the way, your show was excellent, the food was great and it was run in a first class fashion.

As a player, the FSTA has failed me as a player by permitting membership to organizations that defrauded players like myself:

AFFL 2007 - FSTA Member
FantasyJungle 2008 - FSTA Member
AFFL 2009 - not sure - anyone know?

Those companies placed the FSTA logo on their web sites like some seal of approval. Didn't the FSTA vet any of these companies?

These trade organizations have a place for sure, but they are INDUSTRY organizations. They do not represent me as a player. Scott is putting together something that seems quite a bit different than what FSA and FSTA do. I am excited to see what he and his players-only board of directors can come up with. Once you see what he is offering, maybe you will like it? Maybe not.

And as a player and customer of the NFFC, I am glad that one of the senior members of the Fanball company, Greg Ambrosius, has the passion to protect my rights and the rights of my fellow fantasy players.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ